I had both devices but finally I sold the passport. For me, the form factor, the size, is the key.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-15 02:28 PM
    This thread is making me miss my Classic lol...I currently have the AT&T Passport, but seriously thinking about trading for a Classic again. There is just something about the Classic.....
    06-25-15 03:10 PM
    I traded my Passport for a Classic, partly because I was switching to Verizon, but mainly because I really wanted a smaller phone. I'm pretty happy with the Classic. Definitely miss the speed of the PP and the larger display, but the overall size of the Classic is MUCH better, IMHO. It's all very subjective, of course. You can't really go wrong with either device.
    06-25-15 05:18 PM
    A question for those who swap regularly between a Classic and Passport? What is the safest and best way? Through BlackBerry Link or do you use a different BlackBerry ID and such?

CB10 - Passport
    06-25-15 11:05 PM
    I had both devices but finally I sold the passport. For me, the form factor, the size, is the key.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed and I really did miss one handed operation! Soooo much better with the classic.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 06:13 AM
    Hate to say this but I'm having a better typing experience using the classic keyboard with more complete keys.
    The keys that are useful are alt, sym,numerical keys, etc all make typing actually better and more thorough. I just switched from the Passport to the Classic and I don't miss it all. It's much better with the tool belt combined with the classic keyboard. Call me old skool but I also use the classic holster as well and easier to carry around. The Passport was always too unwieldly for me and hard to carry.

Posted via CB10
    People easily forget that the trackpad is the result of years of design evolution for ease of use and quick navigation.
    06-26-15 07:53 AM
    People easily forget that the trackpad is the result of years of design evolution for ease of use and quick navigation.
    Agreed! It's the "classic" iconic BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    06-26-15 11:03 AM
    My Passport is is being repaired due to an issue with the cell radio. So I'm on a loaner Classic. Let me just say, I really want my Passport back ASAP. Typing on the Classic is so slow and while I have gotten used to having an ALT key again, it makes me realize how awesome the Passport typing experience is without it. I miss my screen real estate too.

So that's my two cents.

Posted via my (temporary) BlackBerry Classic
    06-26-15 04:16 PM
    I went from iphone 6 to Passport now a classic.

Loving classic. No regrets

Posted via CB10 using my Classic! Check out www.gtxguns.com!
    06-26-15 06:51 PM
    I am using both. Happy with either of them. The only thing that bothers me when I am using Classic is sometimes it lags a bit, but that is acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 06:05 AM
    I am using both. Happy with either of them. The only thing that bothers me when I am using Classic is sometimes it lags a bit, but that is acceptable.

Posted via CB10
    I installed the latest leak and no more lag!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 09:59 AM
    I wish I hadn#t clicked on this thread!

Happy Passport user here. But I always love to buy a new BB from time to time. Had this with Q10 and Z30 last year!

I need something new. All bestest with Passport. But I looking onto the Classic! Yu can get it for 250 Euros from Amazon! I maybe give it a try!
    06-27-15 01:57 PM
    I wish I hadn#t clicked on this thread!

Happy Passport user here. But I always love to buy a new BB from time to time. Had this with Q10 and Z30 last year!

I need something new. All bestest with Passport. But I looking onto the Classic! Yu can get it for 250 Euros from Amazon! I maybe give it a try!
    Actually passport is a better phone and more adapted to the bb10 ui.

Classic will feel sluggy and small by comparason. For me

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 02:52 AM
    Actually passport is a better phone and more adapted to the bb10 ui.

Classic will feel sluggy and small by comparason. For me

Posted via CB10
    Opinions, heh. I feel like the classic is much more adapted to the bb10 iu. No slugginess either for me apart from some android apps, but i can live with that. Still love the passport aswell tho

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 10:53 AM
    Opinions, heh. I feel like the classic is much more adapted to the bb10 iu.
    I'm curious as to why you think that. BB10 was meant to be a gesture based UI. So, in my opinion, the addition of the toolbelt is clunky and not intuitive for BB10.
    06-29-15 12:44 PM
    And the gestures work Very Well on the classic, yet the trackball makes selecting text way more easy and productive. Id say using Both to the max makes the classic the most productive when usingBB10

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 02:20 PM
    A question for those who swap regularly between a Classic and Passport? What is the safest and best way? Through BlackBerry Link or do you use a different BlackBerry ID and such?

CB10 - Passport
    I cloned them (as much as possible anyway) via link. Then I just swap the sim and SD whenever I want to change.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-15 10:11 PM
    For me Passport to classicand now back to the girl Passport. I just could not part ways with the size,power and capacitive keyboard. I found the classic just a bit slow and Def not as powerful.

 Passport SQW100-1 / leak 10.3.2.2204 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-05-15 03:03 AM
    How easy is it to switch? I have a passport and I'm really happy with it, but I'm going to pickup a cheap classic for days when the passport is too large...

Can I just pop out the sim and proceed - or do I have to do anything with the BBID?
    07-06-15 01:41 PM
    If you want your BBID associated with the phone while using it, you'll have to switch it each time you swap the SIM.
    07-06-15 03:09 PM
    No regrets on the switch here.

That being said, if a Classic with Passport guts (or an even more modern processor) was released, I'd be hard pressed to pass it up. My ONLY complaint is that the phone can sometimes lag under heavy load. But the rest of the experience is so good that I can tolerate it from time to time.
    07-06-15 04:46 PM
    Yeah I'm on the classic now making some megatypos due to being used to the passport but so far so good. Screen is tiny though in relation to the passport! I'm not sure how long I'll last but ill give it a few days before I decide one way or the other. I can see the productivity with the toolbelt as useful in some instances!

Amazing how the muscle memory works.. I didn't feel that comfortable with the passport keyboard even though I had used it since it launched but apparently I was more comfortable than I suspected!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-15 07:11 PM
    For me: I love the passport.. Definitely brilliant but there's a 'but' of course.

• I want the proper keyboard to be numeric too; and,
    • I would like a 'back' (as the immediate right from trackpad on the classic) key in addition to 'or up swoop and right'

Maybe a ClassPass
    07-06-15 11:42 PM
    How easy is it to switch? I have a passport and I'm really happy with it, but I'm going to pickup a cheap classic for days when the passport is too large...

Can I just pop out the sim and proceed - or do I have to do anything with the BBID?
    Make sure you go into BBM and follow the switch device prompts!
    You won't be reminded and if you don't, you won't get any BBMs.
    07-08-15 08:35 AM
    Wanna trade?
    I do!
    I went from passport to classic, but I regret it. Passport screen is much better and overall the technology is better.
    Classic form factor is best.
    Obviously it's one handed vs two handed device in my opinion, but if u want the best of the best stay with the passport.
    Also to consider how long you've had it. I had mine for 4 days and I think I could have gotten used to it.
    You can sell me your classic if you wish.. I'll take it

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-30-15 09:41 AM
52 123