I had posted about this before but now it has come to pass, and end of an era, and the start of something new.
    My dear wife passed away. It was not a good time nor was it short. Her classic was dying and I asked her if she wanted another one. She said no and continued to type on as time allowed.
    Time did not allow much time and she passed on as these things go. One day while packing up our house and moving on I found her phone. I charged it and found a wonderful letter you me she didn't have time to finish. I often opened her phone to read the beautiful wisdom she passed to me. But soon the phone begin an slow death itself. Yes I could of have downloaded the letter , but it seemed fitting to let it too pass on naturally, quietly like she did on that cool fall night.
    Our blackberries served us well and were the right tool at the right time. But the time has passed as much as we hate to admit just as my life had changed and a 30 year relationship ended in pain.
    I am happy to been an part of the BlackBerry bb10 and earlier world. But as with all things, and era has passed. Find your poison and use it.
    10-28-18 04:01 PM
    That's a strong move to let it go like that. I'm not sure how long it has been since your wife passed, but my condolences to you and yours.
    eiruvrav likes this.
    10-29-18 01:53 PM
    thank you bla 1ze it appreciated. I guess some of that was from all good things end and as much as my late wife used her classic (lawyer) we would of moved on.
    there seems to be some magic missing from the new android bb. but as you learn sometimes some things are best left to history.
    Bla1ze likes this.
    10-30-18 11:34 AM
    We all grieve in different ways. I seem to remember your earlier post and I applaud you for what seems to be a very healthy way of grieving.

I also extend my condolences - funny thing about the "magic" missing from Android BB - true to an extent, but your viewpoint is a very healthy one - I can see the parallel for you with BB10 and your wife versus Android and your wife having passed.

My Dad is on his 3rd marriage, having lost two wives to very similar cancers - his 3rd marriage has been a God-send, literally, so I just encourage you to keep your head up. You never know what life has for you ...
    10-30-18 05:43 PM
    Thank you and everyone for their very kind words!
    I wrote those posts because when I found her classic and the little diary she kept, it’s was a sweet irony that it was contained is a slowlydying device.
    I since have moved on using both an iPhone X and a Samsung s9. All I can say about them both is, meh,!
    I tried the new blackberry phones and I’m still stung from the abandonment of the dtek 60. So not much trust there anymore.
    But I know I’ll end up buys ng one and hopefully it brings me back to happy thoughts of a simpler time.
    10-31-18 06:09 AM
    Also like to note spelling mistakes and punctuations courtesy of a virtual keyboard!!! Lol
    10-31-18 06:11 AM
    Also like to note spelling mistakes and punctuations courtesy of a virtual keyboard!!! Lol
    I also look at all these fancy slabs (iPhone X, S9 etc...) as "meh". They just don't appeal to me.

If you miss that click click feel, I'd sell whichever of those slabs you like the least and go for a KEY2 or an LE.

I'd skip the KEYone at this point unless you really want the smaller glossy keys and 180g of weight, but it won't get Android Pie.
    10-31-18 02:36 PM
    Definitely go with the key2 Le
    the_boon likes this.
    11-03-18 11:14 PM