Hi All,

I'm going out on a limb here, but is there anybody available that can buy me an AT&T Blackberry Classic SQC100-2 that has the wireless charging and I buy it direct from them with the invoice.

I've literally been on the phone with Amazon & AT&T for hours at this stage to no avail and cannot get around the policy that AT&T will not sell me the phone unless I enter into a new service agreement with them even if I attempt to buy the phone out of contract over the phone or online. It simply is not possible.

Amazon, are unsure as to whether the model even comes with a camera or is in fact an SQC100-2 variant using some of the items on their site as reference, I asked them to reach out to the reseller and I'm waiting until Monday to call them in TX & NY myself. It's quite frustrating since they just won't take my money (AT&T $439, Amazon $280-$390).

To make matters worse, I am living in Singapore at the moment, but specifically require this SQC100-2 variant for travelling back to Europe and the USA.

Essentially, I'm looking for someone willing to assist in verifying that the model is in fact the AT&T SQC100-2 variant, that it has wireless charging,it can be unlocked and to purchase & ship it to me in Singapore. Obviously I will cover all the costs.

My Q10 is about to die and I have repaired the USB charging port 5 times now. I really need to upgrade, anyway, I thought I would reach out to the CB community. The worst anyone can say is no.

Here goes nothing.
    07-25-15 09:57 AM
    You can buy the phone, sans contract/service on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Cla...UvbUpU11815212 (select I want to...buy a device without a service plan on the right.)

I know it's possible to buy phones for full contract price on AT&T's website too, but I'm not sure if you can do so without getting a plan. I know CBers who have bought a Passport for use in Canada, for example, gotten them unlocked from AT&T for free, and use it without any problems. But they may have signed up for a new plan and canceled it within 14 days--I'm not sure. I'll look for one such person's post.
    agaw likes this.
    07-25-15 01:02 PM
    The option for the AT&T version is without a camera unfortunately. This is one of the resellers I'm looking at to confirm it is indeed the variant I'm looking for. http://www.amazon.com/BlackBerry-Cla...UvbUpU11816413. Appreciate any help.
    07-26-15 01:12 AM
    There is no AT&T version that's made without a camera. The only Classic that's made without a camera is Verizon's SQC100-5.

I would just pay the $439 no-contract to Amazon for the confirmed AT&T SQC100-2 I linked to above, and not get into dealing with a third party seller--especially when time is of the essence here.

Edit: hmm...I see what you're saying. Well, camera or no camera, has Amazon at least confirmed that's the SQC100-2 they're selling in that link? Because if it's a SQC100-2, it has a camera for sure.
    07-26-15 01:17 AM
    HI,

eBay.com? :-)

What kind of wireless charging mode are you looking for, QI or PMA?

AT&T SQC100-02 for PMA
    Verizon SQC100-3 and 5 for QI.

I guess the QI is more current as lot of Android devices are also support it so lot of accessories are available.
    The VZ SQC100-3 works in EU, I've used it and folks say from CB forums the wireless charging is fine as well.

I've just bought a VZ SQC100-3 to UK.

I can't post links yet, but search by google for these:
    blackberry-classic/10.3.1/help/amc1415722640609
    and
    blackberry-classic-q20-sqc100-1-sqc100-2-sqc100-3-sqc100-4-sqc100-5-specs/
    07-26-15 04:45 PM
    HI,

eBay? :-)

What kind of wireless charging mode are you looking for, QI or PMA?

AT&T SQC100-02 for PMA
    Verizon SQC100-3 and 5 for QI.

I guess the QI is more current as lot of Android devices are also support it so lot of accessories are available.
    The VZ SQC100-3 works in EU, I've used it and folks say from CB forums the wireless charging is fine as well.

I've just bought from eBay a VZ SQC100-3 and delivered to UK.

I can't post links yet, but search by google for these:
    blackberry-classic/10.3.1/help/amc1415722640609
    and
    blackberry-classic-q20-sqc100-1-sqc100-2-sqc100-3-sqc100-4-sqc100-5-specs/
    07-26-15 04:48 PM
    I posted a question on Amazon asking what's going on, and as I suspected, this is the SQC100-2 they're selling as the AT&T model, which means that it does have a camera. Looks like Amazon's just being weird with the Camera/No-Camera options for the -2.
    agaw likes this.
    07-26-15 08:31 PM
    I just bought an AT&T version of the phone on eBay for about $220 with an otter-box case which I am going to sell. So I really got the phone for $190 after I sell the case and it's less than 3 weeks old. I got a steal on it haha. You should look on eBay.
    07-26-15 09:04 PM
    Yes, the AT&T version has the standard camera setup as the others. 8mp in back, 2mp in front. Mine is the AT&T version from Amazon.

And it works with either pma or qi, been using a qi charger and it works fine.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-27-15 05:54 PM
    Yes, the AT&T version has the standard camera setup as the others. 8mp in back, 2mp in front. Mine is the AT&T version from Amazon.
    Any idea what's going on with the camera options? I understand why they're there, but why is the AT&T option showing up as no camera?
    07-27-15 06:27 PM
    Any idea what's going on with the camera options? I understand why they're there, but why is the AT&T option showing up as no camera?
    Whoever set up the page on amazon didn't care to get the facts straight before setting the specs...

07-27-15 11:23 PM
    *Bump* any updates, OP?
    08-05-15 01:37 PM
    Hey, So I did purchase the Classic via Amazon USA and shipped it to Ireland and onto Singapore. Yesterday the sim card pins stopped reading the sim rendering the BB useless unless connected to WiFi. I'm not the happiest of campers right now, considering I took it to the official BB Expert Service Centre who flat out refused to fix it as it's a US phone. Now to see if I can find the SQC100-2 all voer again and put myself through a world of pain to get it...
    09-07-15 12:52 AM
    Tough luck, I would help you but I am in Canada

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    09-07-15 01:16 AM
    Yesterday the sim card pins stopped reading the sim rendering the BB useless unless connected to WiFi.
    Are you sure physical damage has occurred to the SIM card slot/pins? The reason I ask is that sometimes (albeit very rarely) my Q10 throws up a "no SIM card detected" error. I have to restart the phones a few times and then it works again.

Also, if damage has occurred, wouldn't it be cheaper to get it fixed/replaced (if possible) than buying a whole new phone?
    agaw likes this.
    09-07-15 09:11 AM
    I agree with Raino - Amazon is the ultimate for customer service - I think they would very quickly agree to replacing the unit (presume you bought it less than 30 days ago) - and even if you have to pay the International freight costs, that would probably be less than paying for a repair, and definitely less than buying a new phone.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    agaw likes this.
    09-07-15 01:32 PM
    I ordered this BB on 28th July which puts it firmly outside of the 30 day returns policy. So I have 2 real options and 1 possibly long winded solution; I can try to make a claim against the reseller via Amazon hope to get a refund or a new BB or I can try to get it fixed locally. I ahve already contacted Amazon about the issue and explained that I cannot even see the sim card pins in the slot. I'm positive it is an issue with the simcard pins, as the nano sim slides in perfectly every time, but cannot be read by the pins I can't even view them, so whether they were bent initially when the service provider inserted my nano sim originally or broken off I cannot tell. MY BB hasn't been dropped, mishandled or misused since I purchased.

So the blackberry Expert Service Centre will not fix any Blackberry's purchased outside of the country which I think is ridiculous. They openely admitted that they would have to send it to their factory for replacing of the soldered simcard slot and return it, they would have charged me SGD 300-400 and took the phone until they realized it was purchased from the USA. The argument they presented was that the company policy dictates they cannot send it to the factory as it was purchased outside Singapore. They claim there are different hardware pieces in the SQC 100-2 Classic compared to the SQC100-1 variants sold here. I exploded when they told me that as I asked for them to simply replace the simcard tray, nothing else to which they said it's possible but they cannot.

If I get it fixed via a regular phone repair center the phone may be bricked completely afterwards as I understand the part is very hard to come by unless you are a BB expert service centre.

The thrid option which I have not even really considered is to send it back to a US Blackberry repair centre and get it sent back to me once repaired. This could take forever and be quite costly. What are all your thoughts? I'm still angry over this as I bought 2 wireless chargers, protective case, tempered glass screen protector.

I'm not sure what approach tot ake as I am waiting on the reseller to reply to Amazons message on my behalf.
    09-07-15 10:20 PM
    I kind of doubt that somehow ALL of the pins would just randomly be bent all of a sudden. They might just not be visible just by looking into it. It might really be a software issue. Have you tried doing a hard reset, or restoring the OS using Link??

agaw likes this.
    09-08-15 01:04 AM
    agaw,

I agree with Slagman - I would first try a hard reset, and /or reload the OS. This will cost very little (your time and possibly some data cost to download the OS) - and you can do this while waiting for a repair or replacement solution to be determined.

If you do decide to reinstall the OS - suggest you install 10.3.2.2639. Some Classic users have had done problems with "Double typing" (a single key press renders multiple entries of the character) - this latest OS fixed that problem. And, this latest OS has many other improvements as well.

If you end up having to get it repaired - your idea of sending it to US BlackBerry for the repairs seems the best and only way to get it done. Yes there will be cost - but at least it will get done properly. And if the time without the device is problematic - you could consider buying a new one, and then sell the current one after you get it back from repair.

My last suggestion - DO NOT let any carrier or store rep insert the SIM!! When I got my wife a Classic to replace her Z10, I got a nano SIM at the local AT&T store and REFUSED to let them touch the phone. Have them activate the SIM for the new device - but install it yourself.

Z10 /3 - 10.3.2.2639/799 - AT&T (posted via CB10)
    agaw likes this.
    09-08-15 08:28 AM
    Does anybody have the contact details of an official Blackberry Repair Service Center in the USA that I could mail my Classic to for repair?

The AT&T site is not very helpful.
    09-09-15 08:41 PM