we all do agree guys... the cameras on our devices are garbage! Mind you, most of us don't care about the camera, but it doesnt change the fact that BlackBerry put $0 in R&D when it comes to camera.
    Maybe the Passport is an exception, i dont know... but i think they def can improve there.. plus, this world is becoming more reliant on cameras... cash checks, take pics in field, etc...
    You just wrote that Blackberry camera's are garbage. Then you wrote "Maybe the Passport is an exception, i dont know".
    And not everyone agrees that the cameras are garbage.
    Do you work for CNBC?
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    02-25-15 04:58 PM
    So... all 7 of their viewers, and one dog stuck with the tv on all day while the owner is away, got bad info.
    MTBBguy, edwinsberry and delgadom like this.
    02-25-15 05:25 PM
    So... all 7 of their viewers, and one dog stuck with the tv on all day while the owner is away, got bad info.
    Come on, you know us BlackBerry users cannot make that joke, lol.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-25-15 06:52 PM
    You just wrote that Blackberry camera's are garbage. Then you wrote "Maybe the Passport is an exception, i dont know".
    And not everyone agrees that the cameras are garbage.
    Do you work for CNBC?
    Double speak, eh?
    Smokeaire likes this.
    02-25-15 07:14 PM
    I don't watch all day, but the squawk guys are usually pretty fair to BBRY.
    3MIKE likes this.
    02-25-15 07:58 PM
    What, no twitter campaign to educate and shame her?

Posted via CB10
    Well... if you insist.
    ;-)

Posted via CB10
    02-25-15 08:05 PM
    +2

What do they know???
    02-25-15 10:05 PM
    Just another person making ignorant statements based on no real knowledge other than what's popular. News these days is not real journalism. It's just propaganda, sensationalism and personal agendas to get ratings and responses from the viewers.

Posted with the unbeaten Keyboard of the BlackBerry!
    davisgq likes this.
    02-25-15 10:15 PM
    My opinion If you want a nice Camera get a Camera if you want a work Phone get a Blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 07:50 AM
    Meh... It's CNBC. I don't take anything any of those cable news networks say about anything as gospel. It's best not to get worked up about it. No one appears to do research or fact-checking before reporting a story anymore. Those who do are very rare. Such is the journalism business in this technologically advanced world.

There will always be a Blackberry following, as there is with Android/iPhone/Windows Phones. We BB users know why we use our phones and why we love using Blackberry.
    btj likes this.
    02-26-15 08:38 AM
    I'm a photographer and I can tell you the camera on a phone does not even enter my mind when I'm considering a phone. Why would it? That's not its primary use.
    Pretty much all the current phones on the market now have cameras that are good enough for what it is generally meant to be used for.
    I'm always amazed at the amount of bashing dished out by people who haven't used one in recent history. Just recently I saw a friend tweeting how the Classic was a miserable failed attempt by blackberry. I replied saying I have one and really like it. His reply? You bought one? On purpose? WHY??? I know he hasn't seen one much less used one.
    This bashing is just a big mystery to me. Almost as big a mystery as blind loyalty to a brand (fanboy). I'm no BlackBerry fanboy, but my past experience with their devices has been good, so I decided to exercise my choice and bought another.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 09:13 AM
    I'm a photographer and I can tell you the camera on a phone does not even enter my mind when I'm considering a phone. Why would it? That's not its primary use.
    Pretty much all the current phones on the market now have cameras that are good enough for what it is generally meant to be used for.
    I'm always amazed at the amount of bashing dished out by people who haven't used one in recent history. Just recently I saw a friend tweeting how the Classic was a miserable failed attempt by blackberry. I replied saying I have one and really like it. His reply? You bought one? On purpose? WHY??? I know he hasn't seen one much less used one.
    This bashing is just a big mystery to me. Almost as big a mystery as blind loyalty to a brand (fanboy). I'm no BlackBerry fanboy, but my past experience with their devices has been good, so I decided to exercise my choice and bought another.

Posted via CB10
    Individual thought is out of fashion now. People just buy and do things based on what is "cool" and popular. So if a brand isn't either one of those, they feel an obligation to talk down to it because they feel it reinforces other people's perception of their "coolness" and acceptance as part of the popular crowd. I can't remember how many people have expressed to me how they really don't want a certain thing, then ended up buying the product that has that feature just because they were told it was the "hottest" device out at the moment...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    MTBBguy, jas1978 and berry4life99 like this.
    02-26-15 09:44 AM
    Media most of the time has a serious lack of knowledge on anything, its hard to believe what is being said
    MTBBguy likes this.
    02-26-15 09:48 AM
    IMO the "public" opinion won't change until bbry reports solid earnings (in particular growth of the Hardware segment).... Then CNBC will even accept the camera

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    berry4life99 likes this.
    02-26-15 09:52 AM
    I think fad and fashion play a huge role.

Ask yourself who you are more like:

Lance Armstrong
    Angela Merkel
    Andy Sandburg
    Jose Canseco

I do think phones fit personality types.
    02-26-15 10:01 AM
    Corporate sponsored devices tended to have no camera. Her ignorance is around not knowing/caring what the BB device portfolio has in it.

For those of you going to tar and feather her, I would target her lack of research/knowledge (aka ignorance).

Why even mouth off when you really don't have a clue (about anything really). Smartphone fan(s) are a rabid bunch, she will be lucky if people aren't throwing old BBOS devices at her (that of course have a camera)....lol
    02-26-15 10:05 AM
    It's funny how you justify the crap camera on a BB buy saying it's not a business tool. Cameras are an integral part a lot of businesses today. This is a big issue with BB fans. We justify the shortcomings of our phones by saying we don't need whatever function we are discussing at the moment. For BB to really succeed they need to fix the shortcomings. It's this kind of thinking that killed BB to begin with. Some of you need to wake up!
    02-26-15 10:16 AM
    It's funny how you justify the crap camera on a BB buy saying it's not a business tool.
    Review of the Verizon Classic Cameraless: very poor camera performance, 2/10 will not buy
    undone likes this.
    02-26-15 10:48 AM
    Review of the Verizon Classic Cameraless: very poor camera performance, 2/10 will not buy
    Sadly I may be leaving the BB group. I'm rockin a Z10 and its having issues with the proximity sensor that now activates random buttons when I put the phone to my ear. Sadly, BB does not have a current phone that is all touch. Before anyone says "buy a Z30" let me just say that if I am buying a new phone I want new, not 1 yr+ out of date.BB really needs to figure out what kind of company they want to be
    02-26-15 11:17 AM
    I use Evernote all day taking pictures with my Classic and storing them for various projects. I work in a variety of rooms - from well lit to barely usable, and from white boards to stickies on glass walls. Here are a few of my recent photos:

Ouch - Blackberry not a smartphone?-img_20150225_164445.jpg

Ouch - Blackberry not a smartphone?-img_20141225_165930_hdr.jpg

Ouch - Blackberry not a smartphone?-img_20141231_163422.jpg

Are we suggesting any of these are not usable? Or just that I have an occasional very long eyebrow?
    terminatorx likes this.
    02-26-15 11:27 AM
    There is a version of the classic that comes without the camera. (It's listed on the Verizon website.) For years BBerry has sold phones with the option of no camera because in certain government environments cameras are not allowed. Maybe they gave CNBC the version that does not have a camera?
    Crackberrykills likes this.
    02-26-15 11:42 AM
    Some news and media people have the idea that they are above the the law and cannot conceive of not being allowed to photograph whatever they choose

SQW 1. 10.3.1.2267
    02-26-15 11:49 AM
    Blackberry needs to figure out who is on Apple's marketing team, then double there salaries and move them over to BB.

Then we can all be OS 10 sheep!
    02-26-15 12:32 PM
    Blackberry needs to figure out who is on Apple's marketing team, then double there salaries and move them over to BB.

Then we can all be OS 10 sheep!
    BBRY's biggest issue isn't marketing.
    Chrisy likes this.
    02-26-15 12:36 PM
    It's funny how you justify the crap camera on a BB buy saying it's not a business tool. Cameras are an integral part a lot of businesses today. This is a big issue with BB fans. We justify the shortcomings of our phones by saying we don't need whatever function we are discussing at the moment. For BB to really succeed they need to fix the shortcomings. It's this kind of thinking that killed BB to begin with. Some of you need to wake up!
    Don't know about you but I don't need/want some super duper top end camera on my phone. I'd rather BlackBerry spend time/resources on developing areas other than the multimedia toys. The camera supplied is more than adequate for my needs, and if I needed higher quality I'd be using a dslr, not a smartphone no matter the brand.

Posted from my Classic
    02-26-15 01:41 PM
76 1234