02-13-17 09:53 AM
26 12
tools
    my Classic upgraded yesterday .. now my HUB is having a seizure - flashes - won't stop. Can't click on anything.
    I've rebooted a few times.
    I am NOT a new BB user - I've owned many -

Ideas?
    - j
    02-02-17 09:58 AM
    Do you have Face10 installed? If so try to reinstall it.
    02-02-17 10:13 AM
    When my update comes, I guess I will first wipe the device completely and then only update on a clean and empty machine...

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 11:05 AM
    I do - I've had to uninstall it so many times, I should be quick with it!
    Thanks for the suggestion - will let you know if it works <crossing fingers>.
    02-02-17 11:13 AM
    I do - I've had to uninstall it so many times, I should be quick with it!
    Thanks for the suggestion - will let you know if it works <crossing fingers>.
    It will.

Nothing like my SE.
    02-02-17 11:15 AM
    I uninstalled Face 10 - rebooted .. and it is still flashing like crazy.
    no workie

Any more ideas? This makes it unusable - and I LOVE my Hub! HELP
    02-02-17 11:25 AM
    I wonder if there's any other nemory apps that may be causing this? Face10 seems to be the big culprit but maybe some coding in one of the others?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 12:01 PM
    BBM just sent an update - I'm installing now, and will let you know.

I really only use about 5-6 things <sadly> .. I looked for other items to uninstall and didn't see much.

If the upgrade to our OS requires us to Uninstall Apps for it to run - then .. their UNIT testing is a fail.
    02-02-17 12:51 PM
    I uninstalled Face 10 - rebooted .. and it is still flashing like crazy.
    no workie

Any more ideas? This makes it unusable - and I LOVE my Hub! HELP
    What other apps do you have installed that use the hub? Did you reinstall Face10 or just uninstall?
    02-02-17 12:52 PM
    It's not the OS and being face10 is a 3rd aprty app they're not going to be testing compatibility with it. That's generally up to the developer to ensure it is fixed.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 12:54 PM
    I have not reinstalled Face 10. Wanted to get it stable and start ruling out Apps that might be causing the flickering/flashing .. literally, so fast I can't read the text or even click on it . I even looked for maybe electrical items near me that might be causing it - but this happened at home and here at the office.
    02-02-17 12:56 PM
    My apology to the OS upgrade - I will continue to uninstall to find the culprit.
    Shouldn't take long.
    Thank you for the help.
    - j
    02-02-17 01:04 PM
    What other apps do you have? If that doesn't fix it you could try running an autoloader and see if that fixes it?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 01:07 PM
    The update to BBM did not help, and I did reboot.
    BTW, my battery is very drained .. and normally it's a rockstar.

I'm on BB world, uninstalling now. Maybe it's a weather app - working on it.
    And I've only texted w/my cell so far today. I can remove my email on it as well.

Running an autoloader, I'd have to Google it.
    02-02-17 01:34 PM
    fingers crossed: I had previously uninstalled Face 10 and the messenger (which is a stinker, it wigs out and resends the same message every 2 minutes until you uninstall it) - and upgrade for BBM - no relief.
    I uninstalled my checkbook, countdown timer (not being used), Weather app Forecast Now, some stupid ringtones, my T-mobile account (useless).
    <drum roll> - so far .. No seizures! Never so glad to have the screen stop shaking. I really don't think the lame items I uninstalled were the cause - time will tell.
    02-02-17 02:15 PM
    Just FYI ... i have read on Google, and I think on this site too, that there have been some Classics where it was acting on its own (which I'm not sure if it is the same thing as seizures). In any case, I recall instances where it would be flickering, apps would open and close on its own, it would scroll on its own, etc. Not sure if it is the same thing though. I would classify what I read as the device being "possessed", whereas "seizures" appear to be a different issue. Just thought I would mention it if you were seeing similar symptoms.
    02-02-17 02:28 PM
    Good point - I've had the possession thing happen before - literally it was clicking and moving, things were opening - moving.
    And no way to pull a battery - lol - causes a bit of a panic.

The seizure thing - in my Hub, it flickers uncontrollably - unreadable, can't press on anything - won't stop.

It is now quiet. I added a couple items from my laptop to my calendar and they sync'd to the cell .. crossing my fingers.
    and I'm not going to reinstall Face 10 for a few days -

Thank you very much for the help!
    02-02-17 03:05 PM
    Are we gonna get the update-notification directly on our device or do we have to do something to get 10.3.3? I thought they send it to your device automatically?

Posted via BlackBerry Classic
    02-08-17 05:11 AM
    I had this issue too but it was because I did a restore. When I installed os and reinstalled apps it's been fine.

BlackBerry = word substitution
    02-08-17 08:45 AM
    I checked for an update manually - and it appeared. You might take a look ..
    02-08-17 01:58 PM
    I think I uninstalled enough apps that whatever was causing it, stopped. I haven't re-installed any of them, but I'm considering a couple ..
    02-08-17 01:59 PM
    i was experiencing a similar issue after upgrading, classic would wig out on Whats app and rapidly cycle through apps and not able to click on an app. I found that a rubber protective cover was the culprit so its been tossed and only use BB sleeve. No problems since.
    02-08-17 08:14 PM
    Anybody know how to dial back the OS to an older version?

#whatisclassic
    02-09-17 11:45 AM
    If you would like to load older 10.3.3 you can use an autoloader and then you go.
    Otherwise, if you like to load 10.3.2, or better, 10.2.1, you can't because of OS signature.
    02-09-17 02:11 PM
    My z30 did the same thing after getting the 10.3.3 update. Had to do a factory reset to get it to stop.
    02-10-17 06:29 PM
26 12