I downloaded and installed the latest OS update. Now, after each reboot, I get prompted again to reboot the device because of the update.
    The OS version reported in Settings>About is still 10.3.2.2474 (in overview tab) resp. 2639 (in software tab)
    I'm not having any other noticable issues. I'm just worried it might cause problems later. maybe at the next update... Any advice?
    Last edited by bennypr0fane; 02-01-16 at 01:53 PM. Reason: typos
    01-31-16 06:05 PM
    You did something wrong. OS version 10.3.2.2876 is software release 10.3.2.2836. You may want to try again.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    bennypr0fane likes this.
    01-31-16 06:17 PM
    How do I do that?
    Also, how may I have done something wrong? There was just the confirmation to click when the update had been downloaded "yes, install the update please"...
    02-01-16 11:11 AM
    How did you update? Was it was an OTA update through your carrier or some other method? Try a hard reset. Simultaneously, press and hold the volume up and volume down buttons on the side of your phone until you see the BlackBerry logo again, ignoring the screen capture dialogue box.
    02-01-16 09:25 PM
    Hard reset? What kind of advice is this? You want me to completely wipe my device?
    This update came OTA. I don't know which role my carrier plays in this, but probably none, because I bought the device unbranded, not from any carrier.
    02-02-16 04:13 AM
    Hard reset? What kind of advice is this? You want me to completely wipe my device?
    This update came OTA. I don't know which role my carrier plays in this, but probably none, because I bought the device unbranded, not from any carrier.
    You don't know what a hard reset is. Do a search and educate yourself while you chill out. I'll give you a clue...it involves two buttons.
    02-02-16 04:35 AM
    You don't know what a hard reset is. Do a search and educate yourself while you chill out. I'll give you a clue...it involves two buttons.
    In the Blackberry manual, I found no mention of a hard reset, as in a procedure performed only by pressing hardware buttons. All the instructions there include software operations.
    On the web, I found instructions matching the ones given by tdyhedge, but not accompanied by information about *what that does*. The terminology for what the different types of resets are called in my search results varies hugely between about a dozen terms, as do the informations about what kinds of data are deleted.
    However, most instructions for doing any kind of reset a) say at least all application data, settings will be deleted and b) include the recommendation to do a backup first.
    On all the phones I've owned to date, a hard reset simply means a complete reset to factory settings, deleting all user-installed applications and user data, sometimes even a return to factory OS version, sometimes not.
    So excuse me if I'm surprised about a casual recommendation to just delete an unspecified set of data, unaccompanied by any kind of warning. Would you mind educating me about which data I would lose by performing this kind of hard reset, or indicating where I can look this up?
    Last edited by bennypr0fane; 02-02-16 at 06:13 AM.
    02-02-16 06:02 AM
    In the Blackberry manual, I found no mention of a hard reset, as in a procedure performed only by pressing hardware buttons. All the instructions there include software operations.
    On the web, I found instructions matching the ones given by tdyhedge, but not accompanied by information about *what that does*. The terminology for what the different types of resets are called in my search results varies hugely between about a dozen terms, as do the informations about what kinds of data are deleted.
    However, most instructions for doing any kind of reset a) say at least all application data, settings will be deleted and b) include the recommendation to do a backup first.
    On all the phones I've owned to date, a hard reset simply means a complete reset to factory settings, deleting all user-installed applications and user data, sometimes even a return to factory OS version, sometimes not.
    So excuse me if I'm surprised about a casual recommendation to just delete an unspecified set of data, unaccompanied by any kind of warning. Would you mind educating me about which data I would lose by performing this kind of hard reset, or indicating where I can look this up?
    Tdyhedge instructed you on performing a hard reset. It does not wipe your phone. If you need more information then search Crackberry.
    02-02-16 06:21 AM
    BTW: a Factory rest will wipe your phone, but not a hard reset.
    02-02-16 07:54 AM
    I'm attempting to be helpful. And yes, I asked questions because I'm not psychic. I'm starting with the least invasive. You'll not lose any data or settings on your device. What I've suggested is NOT the same as a Factory Reset through BB Link. Don't confuse the two. And I certainly didn't suggest an autoloader (yet). But if you want to try something else on your own, read some manual, google for other advice, be my guest. Go for it. Good luck.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Smokeaire and bennypr0fane like this.
    02-02-16 10:32 AM
    I'm attempting to be helpful. And yes, I asked questions because I'm not psychic. I'm starting with the least invasive. You'll not lose any data or settings on your device. What I've suggested is NOT the same as a Factory Reset through BB Link. Don't confuse the two. And I certainly didn't suggest an autoloader (yet). But if you want to try something else on your own, read some manual, google for other advice, be my guest. Go for it. Good luck. Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    Thanks, I appreciate your help.
    I didn't say you shouldn't ask questions. I just meant that if you advise me to do a procedure that deletes data, then it would be important to know 1) what exactly will be deleted, and 2) whether or not it's necessary to make a backup first. Sorry that it came out wrong.
    So from your previous post, I gather that th answer to 1) is no? A hard reset doesn't delete anything? Backup I always good, I know. Would you attempt a hard reset without making a backup first? I have a good backup utility, but space is a little bit tight on my device.
    02-02-16 11:55 AM
    Tdyhedge instructed you on performing a hard reset. It does not wipe your phone. If you need more information then search Crackberry.
    I already did. Again, the results I found either did not contain the exact term "hard reset" (nor describe a procedure involving only the hardware buttons) or they were just forum posts asking things like "how do - do that" - information already provided be Tdyhedge - but didn't explain what effects it has.
    02-02-16 12:05 PM
    No worries. Hard reset means that OS and all programs will be shutdown and then restart. It's a "hard" restart. It takes approx 20-30 sec and no data will be lost. But you can make a backup to be on the safe side, it's up to you.

If it doesn't help, perform the update again via BlackBerry Link desktop application. I always perform it with the Link. Hope it solve your problem.

Posted via CB10
    bennypr0fane likes this.
    02-02-16 12:08 PM
    No backup required. I do hard resets all the time without making a backup. You should also see your red LED light up. If it by chance is instead blue, let us know.

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.2.2876
    bennypr0fane and Smokeaire like this.
    02-02-16 12:20 PM
    So the hard reset didn't help. :-(
    The LED isn't doing anything though (tried 3 times), neither red nor blue. I might try updating via Link later, but it's not an option right now, because my pc runs Linux. Any other suggestions?
    02-03-16 04:38 AM
    Ok, I got my hands on a Windows PC and completed the update using Link, so problem solved!
    It's a bit of a bummer it wasn't possible to solve with the technical resources at hand. Who knows maybe BB finally make a desktop software for Linux when it's all Android
    How do I mark this as solved?
    02-07-16 04:57 PM