I've tried to use all touch phones have owned a Z10 (for a few weeks) and a Leap (for a month) and tried friends iPhones but I've come to the conclusion I'm never going to be comfortable with touch screen keyboards. I'm constantly selecting the wrong letters, am slow on them and find I hit 'Send' when I don't want to mid way through a message. The extra space you get on all touch phones is great for browsing the internet but texting and emailing is a nightmare for me.

Ordered a Classic a few days ago I hope I've made a good choice. Had a Q5 for 18 months and loved it even though it's not a premium phone. Are the Classic owners on here happy with their phones and the keyboard?
    Avenzuno likes this.
    12-31-15 11:45 AM
    the classic is the only phone that i always go back to and use exclusively, ill try a different handset for a day or two but nothing compares to it
    12-31-15 12:04 PM
    The Classic is a really good phone yes. Typing on it is a really good experience. In fact, I always look forward to when I do have to type something out since it is such a great phone!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 02:31 PM
    Yes, very much so. My only beef is that I have been unable, even with Cobalt's excellent utilities, been able to get Google Hangouts set up - I suspect this is due to my workplace having two-factor authentication.

I can use the mobile site (in browser) and that's fair.
    I also use Facebook's mobile site because the official app doesn't work well.

Email rocks, as does the keyboard. Overall very satisfied.
    12-31-15 02:31 PM
    The BlackBerry Classic is my favorite phone to date!!!

Phones I've owned:

HTC HD7
    iPhone 1
    Iphone 4s
    Nexus One
    Nexus 5
    Blackberry Curve
    Samsung Galaxy 2
    Motorola defy
    Oneplus One
    LG Vu
    Nokia Lumia 520
    And quite a few I can't currently remember...not including a myriad of flip phones.

Posted from my Blackberry Classic
    12-31-15 02:44 PM
    I've tried to use all touch phones have owned a Z10 (for a few weeks) and a Leap (for a month) and tried friends iPhones but I've come to the conclusion I'm never going to be comfortable with touch screen keyboards. I'm constantly selecting the wrong letters, am slow on them and find I hit 'Send' when I don't want to mid way through a message. The extra space you get on all touch phones is great for browsing the internet but texting and emailing is a nightmare for me.

Ordered a Classic a few days ago I hope I've made a good choice. Had a Q5 for 18 months and loved it even though it's not a premium phone. Are the Classic owners on here happy with their phones and the keyboard?
    You have indeed OP. Physical keyboard, ftw! What makes it even more amazing is if you have a tablet and a Classic, there is an app in Blackberry World called Blue Touch Pad. It basically turns your Classic into a keyboard and mouse on your tablet. I don't even need to buy a separate external keyboard. This was one of the cool features of the Playbook when using Blackberry Bridge, and it's great to have it back again. I'm actually typing this on the Crackberry Android app using my Classic as a keyboard. Haha.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-31-15 03:02 PM

With respect to the keyboard, I am extremely happy. The Classic is a great messaging device. As an app platform, it is hit or miss. Native apps work well, but there is a dearth of them. Android apps from the Amazon store typically work well, if sometimes a little slow. Many Google Play Android apps will not work correctly or at all. Messaging is the most important for me, so the keyboard makes putting up with the other deficiencies worth it.
    01-01-16 08:31 AM
    That pretty well says it all I am sure you will enjoy your Classic it could be considered one of BlackBerrys Best devices in the future the way things are going with them .However yes it would have been great if they had have bumped the specs up higher .
    01-01-16 08:49 AM
    I honestly don't see the need for higher specs in the Classic. It does everything I need it to do already fast enough. (In fact, it actually loads Amazon Kindle FASTER than on my Passport, no lie.) Putting higher specs on a device Classic-sized would draw more battery power and shorten the battery life anyway. If the Classic does what you need it to do already, why do so many people have the Tim the Toolman Taylor "more power!" mentality with it? Want more power? Get a Passport!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 08:55 AM
    A better camera would have been nice we know they could do it but they just do not .The passport has bumped specs just a tad to large for me but beautiful device .
    01-01-16 11:18 AM
    Classic keyboards is like a $200 mechanical keyboard for your pc
    Touch screen is like those $10 keyboards from your local store

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    01-01-16 02:32 PM