02-06-15 11:08 AM
32 12
tools
    What an experience. Purchased a Classic a few weeks back. Was not happy with the gap between the screen and the toolbelt or with the light bleed between many of the keys. Other than that the phone was great, but I really didn't like that I can see the phone's insides when in use.

So I contact Digital River to request a return (since I was not happy with the product). They sent me a return authorization and shipped exactly as per their emailed instructions (address). Looked at the tracking information to insure they received and observed that the package was refused because of import charges (COD) from Canada to the US which needed to be paid on delivery (this should have been stated somewhere in the instructions I think!). So not only did I lose the $14 to ship to Canada, then the $28 to ship back to Digital River but an additional $40 to release the package for them to accept! ($82 dollars to return a product I was not happy with!!!)...and now I have nothing.

Before I paid the C.O.D. charges over the phone to have the package released and get redelivered I contacted BlackBerry technical support and they would have sent me another phone free of charge with a free shipping label to return the product. COD charges have to be paid regardless if the package comes back and if I was to get it sent back there would be charges on top of that for Canada customs...Sheesh.

Not sure why BlackBerry who is a Canadian company can't have product shipped from Canada!

So lesson learned and burned...
    01-23-15 09:43 AM
    I've seen a NUMBER of people with issue with their Digital River orders.... by far Amazon seems to have them beat when it comes to communications about orders and if needed the whole return process. Too be honest, I think BlackBerry should just end their relationship with Digital River and use a custom storefront with Amazon.
    01-23-15 10:47 AM
    Every day I read more horror stories about DR! Yet, people still order from them! If people read here first, maybe they will re-think where they purchase their new BlackBerry from!

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.1.1151
    01-23-15 10:56 AM
    Can someone enlightened me on Amazon, I want to know who are legit sellers and who are not. I want to purchase the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 11:35 AM
    Can someone enlightened me on Amazon, I want to know who are legit sellers and who are not. I want to purchase the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I believe that if you purchase something thru a seller via Amazon, you are protected by Amazon. I purchased something recently and it was defective, Amazon stepped in right away and got a refund

01-23-15 11:43 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've never had an issue with any sellers on Amazon. I just ordered a Classic from Amazon and it said "being sold by Amazon LLC" not from some third party. Plus for $17 they're sending it next day--not a bad deal if you're impatient like me!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 11:53 AM
    I was new to Amazon for my Classic purchase. I I heard so many complaints from OP about the BlackBerry store and Digital River. It might be best to search their website and write down everything you want for you phone. Then call them ask them for any specials for new customers. Then ask about their 6 months free interest when you open an account with a purchase over $400. Ask for the 30 day free Prime Membership which get you free shipping or a shipping upgrade.

All this with a No Question 30 day return policy

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 12:37 PM
    Totally... Amazon all the way if they have it in stock.

Only time I ordered from DR was when they had that crazy 50%off coupon that worked on the Passport. Even then it took weeks to hear from them.

Ordered my Passport from Amazon on launch day,.. the ran out of stock and sent an email indicating so and apologizing the next morning, with an expected delivery of sometime in the next week (and allowing me to cancel immediately if I wished). Then somehow they found one and sent it to me much earlier than anticipated (only a day or two later than the delivery estimate when I went to place my order initially).

For Christmas I ordered a win 8.1 tablet that ended up having a malfunctioning keyboard/usb driver. Locked me out entirely as the touch screen stopped responding too. I liked the form factor and tried to trouble shoot it for a few weeks but gave up and decided to return it. You initiate the return online (a few clicks), they give you a Barcode to print and place in the box, and they schedule a UPS pick up... the UPS guy comes to your door with the shipping label and takes the package away.

Absolutely zero effort (dropping off, shipping, anything) on my part.

I had the refund processing back onto my credit card the next day.

Aside from maybe making the UPS guy tape the box for me, I can't imagine it getting any easier than that.

Posted via CB10
    bold007 likes this.
    01-23-15 12:45 PM
    Get one from an amazon prime dealer. Best bet and fastest delivery.
    01-23-15 07:53 PM
    I can chime in here. I used Canada Post to return my Classic and the process took about 20 days from start to finish. Blackberry even reimbursed my return shipping.
    01-23-15 08:20 PM
    DazzlaUK, who at Blackberry? Or are you referring to digital river?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 09:01 PM

Only time I ordered from DR was when they had that crazy 50%off coupon that worked on the Passport. Even then it took weeks to hear from them.

Ordered my Passport from Amazon on launch day,.. the ran out of stock and sent an email indicating so and apologizing the next morning, with an expected delivery of sometime in the next week (and allowing me to cancel immediately if I wished). Then somehow they found one and sent it to me much earlier than anticipated (only a day or two later than the delivery estimate when I went to place my order initially).

For Christmas I ordered a win 8.1 tablet that ended up having a malfunctioning keyboard/usb driver. Locked me out entirely as the touch screen stopped responding too. I liked the form factor and tried to trouble shoot it for a few weeks but gave up and decided to return it. You initiate the return online (a few clicks), they give you a Barcode to print and place in the box, and they schedule a UPS pick up... the UPS guy comes to your door with the shipping label and takes the package away.

Aside from maybe making the UPS guy tape the box for me, I can't imagine it getting any easier than that.

Posted via CB10
    It proves AGAIN how fantastic Amazon's customer service is and how powerful word of mouth and social media can be. DR should pay attention.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 09:08 PM
    What an experience. Purchased a Classic a few weeks back. Was not happy with the gap between the screen and the toolbelt or with the light bleed between many of the keys. Other than that the phone was great, but I really didn't like that I can see the phone's insides when in use.

So I contact Digital River to request a return (since I was not happy with the product). They sent me a return authorization and shipped exactly as per their emailed instructions (address). Looked at the tracking information to insure they received and observed that the package was refused because of import charges (COD) from Canada to the US which needed to be paid on delivery (this should have been stated somewhere in the instructions I think!). So not only did I lose the $14 to ship to Canada, then the $28 to ship back to Digital River but an additional $40 to release the package for them to accept! ($82 dollars to return a product I was not happy with!!!)...and now I have nothing.

Before I paid the C.O.D. charges over the phone to have the package released and get redelivered I contacted BlackBerry technical support and they would have sent me another phone free of charge with a free shipping label to return the product. COD charges have to be paid regardless if the package comes back and if I was to get it sent back there would be charges on top of that for Canada customs...Sheesh.

Not sure why BlackBerry who is a Canadian company can't have product shipped from Canada!

So lesson learned and burned...
    Exactly, BlackBerry should have had a Canadian company to ship as well.

Agree with you, that's BS big time

From Classic
    01-23-15 09:17 PM
    Every day I read more horror stories about DR! Yet, people still order from them! If people read here first, maybe they will re-think where they purchase their new BlackBerry from!

I bought from ShopBlackberry because of the option to use PayPal. With Christmas expenses, I needed to make the monthly payments to pay my Classic off. That option is available now thru Amazon credit card, but wasn't available when I bought my Classic. Thankfully, everything worked out fine.

Posted via Classic
    01-23-15 09:21 PM
    When u look at amazon it says by whom and some say brand new.

From Classic
    01-23-15 09:21 PM
    Hey OP, I just returned a product to them as well.

I wasn't aware of having to pay import charges since this is a return....makes zero sense.

#CB10 #WorkWide
    01-23-15 09:31 PM
    I returned my classic because of a defective trackpad. At first they wanted me to ship it myself but after I bitched them out a little, they ended up sending me a free shipping label and took care of all the border stuff.

I'm still waiting for my refund tho... its been 2 weeks since it arrived at their warehouse according to fed ex tracking

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 10:04 PM
    I returned my classic because of a defective trackpad. At first they wanted me to ship it myself but after I bitched them out a little, they ended up sending me a free shipping label and took care of all the border stuff.

I'm still waiting for my refund tho... its been 2 weeks since it arrived at their warehouse according to fed ex tracking

Posted via CB10
    I'd ***** them out further by filing a Paypal claim at this point.

It says in their email it'll take 5-7 days after receiving the parcel to issue the refund.

#CB10 #glassweave #qwerty
    01-23-15 11:51 PM
    I will not deal with digital river. Amazon is my 1st choice (excellent communication, prompt delivery, no hassle return).

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 10:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    Ive never used the pick up, i figure the least I could do is drop it off at the ups store or dropbox. But I know if I worked for UPS i am not taping up your package or having someone "make me" package their return. I'm here to pick up a package and place a label not package your return merchandise for you that is funny to me

Sent from my: SM-N910T / SQC100-4 with Tapatalk : PIN 2BFBBCE3 : T-Mobile 4G LTE
    Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    01-24-15 10:46 AM
    How can there possibly be import charges levied by the US for a return? It's not a sale???
    01-24-15 04:02 PM
    I was going to return a case and pod to DR. Guess I won't be doing that for $28.
    01-24-15 04:04 PM
    Ordered a Z30 this summer from DR. Came on time. I also got my refund for price decrease as promised. But from customer service call center interactions, I had no confidence it would work out. Amazon for me. Or ATT direct if they ever get it in their pipeline.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 09:41 PM
    Yup, Digital River is terrible. They are suppose to send you the shipping documents along with the return shipping label, but they never do. It ends up being the customers responsibility to find these forms and have them filled out and attached before return shipping the device, or else you risk getting hit with duty charges. On top of that, they don't always refund your original shipping costs, need to hassle them to get that back as well.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-15 10:26 PM
    I don't think I've ever had a good experience with digital river... in fact I've never really heard anyone who has had one. At best the site works as it's supposed to, but if you have an issue your SOL.
    01-25-15 07:26 AM
32 12