Yup. I was probably one of the first people to preorder a Classic and can't wait! Don't care about specs one bit since I know it will be at least as good, if not better than my Q10. I want what I want....period.

At the end of the day, people work very hard for their own money and have a right to do whatever they want with it....

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 03:47 PM
    This tread is a disaster.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 03:58 PM
    Every time one of you pre-orders a BlackBerry Classic, a child somewhere in the world dies of hunger. I hope you can live with yourselves.
    11-15-14 04:19 PM
    Every time one of you pre-orders a BlackBerry Classic, a child somewhere in the world dies of hunger. I hope you can live with yourselves.
    I am okay with this.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska and MaxxxBerry23 like this.
    11-15-14 04:32 PM
    Hahahahahaha!

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska and MaxxxBerry23 like this.
    11-15-14 04:34 PM
    What about the kittens?
    11-15-14 04:46 PM
    BlackBerry is just trying to gauge interest so the most loyal fans can get the phone first. I think anyone who follows BlackBerry and is even aware of the fact that the Classic is available on pre-order has a good idea of what the specs will be. Plus, for those who are disappointed with the reveal, they can cancel/return the phone and get their money back. So I'm trying to figure out the point of this thread other than pissing on people's parade.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-15-14 04:57 PM
    I doubt specs matter too much to the target market. Has extra buttons, still has a QWERTY keyboard, isn't too different from the decrepit Bold they've been hanging on to.
    And that is your prime market right there! Bang on thurask! Not that it's a bad thing it would be nice to move over some of the hardcore bb7 users into BB10.

"Official International Accountant of the Peevishlicious Crew " via my Canadian Passport!!
    11-15-14 04:59 PM
    Hahahahahaha!!!!!

This is exactly what this thread needed.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 05:32 PM
    Ever notice that the most inflammatory type threads typically do not see any followup response from the OP? I liken these to what I like call a "Drive by" thread

If an OP has not replied by post #40 thread should be closed....we are up to #60 at this point.

Why is it that posts get deleted when they are "attacking" an OP or other poster but not when an OP is making an unprovoked attack against a group of people for their purchase decisions right out the gate?

...just making observations, nothing to see here.
    11-15-14 06:21 PM
    Seems to me if you are getting upset with what people do with their hard earned money and complaining about it there must be some ulteriour motive. So which iPhone/Android do you own? Who is paying you to complain about it, or finally were you expecting the money to be handed over to you instead? Seems like the 3 top ulteriour motives I can think of. You can't possibly just be getting your nose out of joint because of your personal opinion that specs should have been posted.... Would be nice, but is not required. People can cancel their pre-orders when specs are released if they choose. I would imagine the pre-order is to gage interest so they don't run into a supply issue of not making enough devices and getting run through the mud again for poor choices.
    11-15-14 06:50 PM
    Ever notice that the most inflammatory type threads typically do not see any followup response from the OP? I liken these to what I like call a "Drive by" thread

If an OP has not replied by post #40 thread should be closed....we are up to #60 at this point.
    +ten billion
    GRojasHruska and stealthbob like this.
    11-15-14 09:54 PM
    my dad said the same thing!
    11-15-14 10:18 PM
    well.... i was very busy for the last day or so so couldnt reply... i did not anticipate such a response.

Anyway, i clearly dont have time, nor am i willing to quote and reply to every post! but i've read them all and i just want to say a few things.

1) I am not a spec *****; my Q10 runs perfectly and i could not care less about the latest Octa core Samsung.

2) Too many people are getting hooked up on the idea of "you spec *****", "if you want X cores buy Y", "if youre looking for flagship buy a passport", etc. You're missing the point i was trying to make. The point being WE DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE BUYING. We have rumoured specs (is anyone really gonna refute this?). This is about a principal! not so much "hurr durr i dont care about specs". No company should act this way when trying to sell a product, which leads onto my next point...

3) Why am i annoyed what other people do with their money? well not so much with what you do with your money but what the results of all this "uninformed" (no offence) buying will lead to. It will lead to BlackBerry thinking that practices like these are OK now. And we will see a rise in such daft practices and that is something i do not want to see happening.

4) Yes Apple do **** like this too. So? i thought Blackberry and BlackBerry users were better than this? so you are gonna use the argument "Apple does it, so whats your problem?". I dont want to indulge in the same practices that the Apple marketing machine churns out. Being blind sheep can be associated to any company. And yes, whatever company you blindly follow, adore, preach, on blind faith or "love" or dare i say it "fanboyism" is wrong. Yes, that is just my opinion, you can agree with it or not but its not a healthy consumer culture to indulge in. Buying and backing products on the back of a brand name alone and not on the back of the actual individual product itself is just wrong (in my opinion). Yes i know it happens everywhere but that doesnt make it right or OK.

I myself, in the last 10 years have gone from BlackBerry to Android to Iphone and now back to BlackBerry. Unlike most people (sadly), i am not "loyal" to any brand, why should i be? they dont pay me. I go to the place where the best products are at the time. That is all. I base my judgements and purchases on facts and actual products. Not just a brand name or some hocum pocum "loyal customer" malarky.

This was not a troll thread and i am glad at least a few people in this thread can see my point of view.

I would also like to point out that there are a couple spec points that are not finalised or official yet that directly effect user experience. Some of them being; we dont know the actual battery size or likely battery usage stats. We dont know what screen is going in this device, rumours are heavily centred around a 720x720 but some early hands on stating a screen "much sharper" than the Q10 with a supposed lower PPI is suspect, we dont really know what the screen specs are. We dont know officially if the track pad will be illuminated, rumours are that it will be but early hands on show no illumination. These are things that directly affect your experience with the device. We should absolutely know these facts before a purchase should be considered. Am i wrong?
    costmemore and flyingsolid like this.
    11-15-14 10:49 PM
    or maybe it will be a nice surprise....specs wise
    11-15-14 10:50 PM
    Attachment 314661

Aww Henwi Kusliwawaan why u awayz bussin bwackbwerry bawzz???

I have a Z10 and ordered a Classic. And I'm pretty damn sure I don't care what the OP thinks about that.
    Well, that's one of thread function right?
    And what's that english you using?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 10:51 PM
    That's okay -- the ones that die are future Apple fanboys, so it's really all for the best.
    11-16-14 12:35 AM
    Don't really see what the argument is about. I loved the q10 but I love the tool belt. So the classic is a no brainier for me.

I'm just debating on getting the PP as the larger screen is luring.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-16-14 01:03 AM
    Seriously what is wrong with you people?

There are NO specifications listed, there are NO final model release reviews, heck there aren't even any official previews. And yet you people are putting your money down without even knowing what you are buying? talk about blind sheep... and you people ***** on Android/Apple fanboys.... this is laughable.

Putting up an item for pre-order without even a spec sheet should be some sort of crime? surely? how is it even legal to sell something without even telling the customer what they are buying? It boggles my mind why people are supporting this move by BlackBerry, its absolutely disgusting and antics like these should not be encouraged at all. Let them release the full details of the product then make an informed choice about a purchase. Right now, you're all just buying blind like fanboy sheep. It's pathetic.

Wake up and have some dignity in your right as a consumer. Everyone should have the right to know exactly what they are buying. This is a basic consumer right. Stop supporting this move by BlackBerry.
    Ummm but it says it has the "battery to power through". If that's not enough for you then I'm sorry maybe you and smartphones were never meant to be

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 01:47 AM
    I would pre-order if I could from my part of the world.

The Classic has a toolbelt and a physical 4-row keyboard. That's what matters to me.

Posted via CB10
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-16-14 01:54 AM
    Just a few comments...

1. Based on history pre-orders may not be that important (or a significant) part of the business
    2. Without specs, the pre-order demand may offer insight on a different "sub-segment" of customers
    3. They realize now that they need to ramp up production and that currently demand exceeds supply (like it did for the Passport)
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-16-14 03:34 AM
    For me is important to know the SAR
    Even if i dont care about cpu , screen , ram etc SAR is very important spec
    11-16-14 03:53 AM
    For me is important to know the SAR
    Even if i dont care about cpu , screen , ram etc SAR is very important spec
    From the FCC filing:
    [Opinion rant] Nobody should be pre-ordering a Classic-sqc1sar.png
    bungaboy, Superfly_FR and dvamv like this.
    11-16-14 04:37 AM
    Seriously what is wrong with you people?

There are NO specifications listed, there are NO final model release reviews, heck there aren't even any official previews. And yet you people are putting your money down without even knowing what you are buying? talk about blind sheep... and you people ***** on Android/Apple fanboys.... this is laughable.

Putting up an item for pre-order without even a spec sheet should be some sort of crime? surely? how is it even legal to sell something without even telling the customer what they are buying? It boggles my mind why people are supporting this move by BlackBerry, its absolutely disgusting and antics like these should not be encouraged at all. Let them release the full details of the product then make an informed choice about a purchase. Right now, you're all just buying blind like fanboy sheep. It's pathetic.

Wake up and have some dignity in your right as a consumer. Everyone should have the right to know exactly what they are buying. This is a basic consumer right. Stop supporting this move by BlackBerry.
    You may like toi buy the specs, I trustfully buy features.
    Not sure I'd preorder it bc I already have Z10+Z30+Q10+Passport which is enough (*cough* far enough !).
    Yet, should I have the need of a physical kb device, at this under 500 price, I won't nitpick specs anyhow.

Should they / could they put the specs: yes, probably though.
    Thunderbuck and bungaboy like this.
    11-16-14 04:39 AM
    From the FCC filing:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sqc1sar.png 
Views:	281 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	314801
    thanks
    So if understand well the SAR in Europe will be around 0.6-0.8 (GSM)
    correct?
    11-16-14 07:49 AM
97 1234