11-17-14 09:33 AM
97 1234
    I'm agree wit the OP
    11-15-14 10:34 AM
    I don't agree with the OP. The people pre-ordering this device know that it's spec'd the same as a Q10 or better. If they're cool with that, what's your beef?
    11-15-14 10:44 AM
    Any chance of the black Berry surprising people with dual core tegra k1?Haha this will totally justify the price

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk
    11-15-14 10:46 AM
    Disagree with the OP. Not your money therefore you should not worry about what other people are doing. If we want to go and preorder then so be it. If the item received is not up to snuff when received then it will be returned that's all. In the end only Blackberry loses out if that turns out to be the case, although I highly doubt that as a majority of the people that are ordering the phone are probably upgrading from a bold 9900 and I'm confident that the Classic will outshine that phone. If you are ordering and have a Q10 then you should know better than to think this will be an upgrade to that as that has never been stated. Hilarious the things people worry about here.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 10:51 AM
    Yeah I'm kinda with you on this

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 11:10 AM
    Agree to a degree with the OP. It does seem sort of odd if not stupid to not tag along some specs with the device upon pre-order, but i feel the target audience for this phone is already on terms that it will not be sporting the same tech as the Passport. The pre-order idea is a great way BlackBerry to get some numbers on how many are actually hungry for this device and avoid the Passport shortage debacle. When it comes down to it people buying a Classic will not be expecting 20mp cameras, quad core CPUs, and 3g+ of ram. They are expecting a traditional BlackBerry qwerty keyboard, a trackpad, and enough battery life to get them through a full work day. In the end if BlackBerry can deliver on those key aspects the device will be a success. Plus, they are getting more trouble areas (camera for example) a bit more attention so people can stop complaining about horrible auto-focus, bad low light, etc.
    11-15-14 11:23 AM
    You're wrong OP! The specs have been listed. Here they are in case you missed them.

- Keyboard and navigation keys designed for optimal speed and accuracy
    - Large square touch screen
    - Amazingly fast and astoundingly beautiful web browsing
    - A battery that powers through
    - Ability to install Android and BlackBerry apps

How much more detail can one man handle?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    11-15-14 11:26 AM
    I don't agree on any of you in here.
    Just saying.

Its none of our business. People have their own decisions. There are 2 ways that's gonna happen to people who pre ordered;

1.) they will smile and will keep smiling if they liked what they have paid for.

2.) they will whine and whine and say something bad in return.

Me? I will just wait and see.
    Posted via CB10
    Frehley likes this.
    11-15-14 11:31 AM
    If you care about specs you'll buy a Passport not a Classic. It's that simple.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 11:34 AM
    I think this thread is in pretty poor form. It is in essence putting down people who decide they want to pre-order. There is a very clear undertone that in some way some of you think less of the people who decide to pre-order. Because, I dunno, they aren't making an informed enough decision in your point of view? Why does it matter to you? It is no hair off your back. Are you just upset that you don't know the specs yet and you've decided to take that out on the people willing to take the plunge. I'm not sure what it is but you should all give your heads a shake. It is up to the individual to make the decision to order one or not. It is one thing to inform others that they may want to wait for the specs, but to blatantly tell others "nobody should be pre-ordering" followed with your own little rant. Shame.

I for one am sure many have been waiting for the Classic. Many have been following every little bit of information they can gather about it. Many will buy it regardless of what the specs are. And, many will probably even add it to their vast collection of BlackBerry's. After all, specs are just numbers on a piece of paper.
    11-15-14 11:45 AM
    Bwahaha... buy without knowing the specs? Isn't that just like approving a bill before knowing its contents? If people want it, they want it. No need to worry about what's inside as long as it works. We can always repeal... er, return it later if we're not satisfied with it.
    Dave Bourque and Lefty724 like this.
    11-15-14 11:46 AM
    Having 20/20 vision makes it hard to look at a mobile screen lower than 330 dpi. Can anyone on here relate?

Facepalm... 720p is not hard to look at

Posted via CB10
    UrbanGlowCam and RyanGermann like this.
    11-15-14 11:55 AM
    My main concern in this is not specs but performance.... which BB10 seems to have aced... if you look at the z3... have not heard a lot of complaints about performance and it is by no means a powerhouse... One thing to remember is BB did a lot of research with enterprise as to what should be produced and the Classic is the result... cannot see under Chen's leadership... a phone that does not meet the performance demands.... as for the criticism of people ordering site unseen.... think it is poor form to critisize others for what amounts to personal opinnion that makes others wrong... as said ... it is not his money so what is the issue?????
    11-15-14 12:00 PM
    If you are happy with specs greater or equal to the Q10, a tool belt, and a larger screen, then what's the problem? Anything more is a bonus.

If you need more information than that, then wait.

These type of bashing threads are ridiculous.

11-15-14 12:10 PM
    Seriously what is wrong with you people?

There are NO specifications listed, there are NO final model release reviews, heck there aren't even any official previews. And yet you people are putting your money down without even knowing what you are buying? talk about blind sheep... and you people ***** on Android/Apple fanboys.... this is laughable.

Putting up an item for pre-order without even a spec sheet should be some sort of crime? surely? how is it even legal to sell something without even telling the customer what they are buying? It boggles my mind why people are supporting this move by BlackBerry, its absolutely disgusting and antics like these should not be encouraged at all. Let them release the full details of the product then make an informed choice about a purchase. Right now, you're all just buying blind like fanboy sheep. It's pathetic.

Wake up and have some dignity in your right as a consumer. Everyone should have the right to know exactly what they are buying. This is a basic consumer right. Stop supporting this move by BlackBerry.
    Hey All-Four-Inches, what business is it of yours how others spend their money and on what device they spend it on?

Pretty pompous of you to slam any of us who want, and preordered, this device.

WE know what WE are doing with our money and what device WE want.

Have you ever preordered a book, not knowing anything about the contents...only that it was written by your favorite author?

Get off your high horse, telling us that we know nothing and are blindly ordering a device.

We that preordered know what we want. We are not delusional enough to expect that this has specs better than the Passport.

And with 28 posts, I hardly would call you an expert.

Do what you want, respect what others do. Nobody attacked you.
    Last edited by Frehley; 11-15-14 at 12:46 PM.
    bungaboy and momofteme like this.
    11-15-14 12:11 PM
    But really, I never know any phone offer a pre-order but not listing out the real spec...

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:16 PM
    Um. People pre-order books, video games, movies, and a billion other things without knowing exactly what it is.

I sense hyperbole.

Posted via CB10
    Books, Games, and Movies don't cost $499 plus tax though.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 01:47 PM
    I kind of agree with the OP. This is pathetic by blackberry. They announced this phone months ago and now it is finally coming out. In december... After black Friday. Near the end of the shopping season.

You guys want blackberry to survive? Than you should be more pissed off by their stupid strategy, execution, & marketing. Who is buying their phones except legacy users?

I work at a pretty decently sized company and there is like 10 of us that still have Blackberrys. I'm the only one who knew what the blackberry classic is. Everyone else is using an iphone or android.

Same goes for my friends huge companies in NYC. BB is not big with them anymore. Most of them don't even know the passport came out.

Posted via CB10
    mfurman likes this.
    11-15-14 02:22 PM
    I think it's BlackBerry trying to see how much interest there is for the Classic. If they know how many people are ready to buy it now, then BlackBerry knows how many to build in anticipation of the official release date. Like that they won't run out of devices in a few days after launch.

My previous BlackBerry devices have been good, and I've never thought about the specs. I'm not too worried about the specs for the Classic, I assume they'll be good enough for what I need. That being said, I'm going to wait until next year to buy one. I got a Z30 a few weeks ago and don't need a new device for a good while. But if I was itching for a new phone I would have also pre-ordered. And to use a previous poster's logic I'm just a little rich and a little stupid. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 02:36 PM
    I posted a thread much earlier where it was stated that the Classic price was to be set at $499. It quickly got tagged as 'rumour'. Yet proved to be true.

Well, heres another 'rumour', According to CNET, here are the specs.......

True to its name, the Classic is a traditional BlackBerry design, complete with a physical QWERTY keyboard under the square 3.46-inch screen.

Dividing the two are a small trackpad and buttons to call up the menu, go back a step, or start and end phone calls.

Under the clicky keys is a dual-core 1.5GHz processor backed by 2GB of RAM. There's 16GB of storage that you can top up with a microSD card for extra space.

The touchscreen is 720p high definition, giving you a pixel density of 291 pixels per inch. The main camera is an 8-megapixel snapper and there's a 2-megapixel job on the front for video calls.

BlackBerry Classic Preview - CNET
    Yet, it costs $449... (CNET is from USA right?)

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    11-15-14 02:40 PM
    Did I miss the part where BlackBerry is forcing people to pre-order? Why does it matter what anyone wants to do with their own money? BlackBerry was caught off guard with the demand for the Passport and they don't want that to happen again.
    Sure, they should have the specs available, but no one HAS to buy the thing before they do announce it.

Let people spend money on what they want. Apple never announced how much RAM the iPhone 6 Plus had. Before the release a lot of people were guessing/hoping for 2GB when it only has 1GB like the 6.

Posted via CB10/Passport
    bungaboy, sk8er_tor and wincyUt like this.
    11-15-14 02:54 PM
    Im getting it. Its a classic device not a flagship. Simple and what im used too. And im sure its gonna be way faster than the 9900 that I have. And it has a bigger screen than all of yall Q10s

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 02:58 PM
    Lol. Get a life.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 03:01 PM
    But really, I never know any phone offer a pre-order but not listing out the real spec...

Posted via CB10
    [Opinion rant] Nobody should be pre-ordering a Classic-kim-jong-il-team-america.jpg

Aww Henwi Kusliwawaan why u awayz bussin bwackbwerry bawzz???

I have a Z10 and ordered a Classic. And I'm pretty damn sure I don't care what the OP thinks about that.
    11-15-14 03:14 PM
    Um. People pre-order books, video games, movies, and a billion other things without knowing exactly what it is.

I sense hyperbole.

Posted via CB10
    This pretty much invalidates OP's point. Moving on.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-15-14 03:15 PM
97 1234