Seriously what is wrong with you people?

There are NO specifications listed, there are NO final model release reviews, heck there aren't even any official previews. And yet you people are putting your money down without even knowing what you are buying? talk about blind sheep... and you people ***** on Android/Apple fanboys.... this is laughable.

Putting up an item for pre-order without even a spec sheet should be some sort of crime? surely? how is it even legal to sell something without even telling the customer what they are buying? It boggles my mind why people are supporting this move by BlackBerry, its absolutely disgusting and antics like these should not be encouraged at all. Let them release the full details of the product then make an informed choice about a purchase. Right now, you're all just buying blind like fanboy sheep. It's pathetic.

Wake up and have some dignity in your right as a consumer. Everyone should have the right to know exactly what they are buying. This is a basic consumer right. Stop supporting this move by BlackBerry.
    11-15-14 01:43 AM
    As much as I question why they didn't just put the specs up there, I think it's fair to say that 99% of people pre-ordering are doing so completely acceptant of the fact that the specs are almost certainly the exact same as the Q10, as is assumed by the specs of the beta/test devices. There's no chance in hell that it'd be anything worse than the beta/test devices.

People pre-ordering aren't spec junkies. They're people who know and trust BlackBerry who don't give a rat's backside if it's not fueled by the latest-and-greatest in mobile processing power. We are all confident that BlackBerry won't release a device that has hardware that can't functionally operate on their 10.3.x O/S (hell, even the wife's Q5 is running it smoothly), so... why are you so irate, bucko?
    11-15-14 01:51 AM
    Lol they know people won't pre order if they knew the real specs. It's not about being a spec junkie. Having 20/20 vision makes it hard to look at a mobile screen lower than 330 dpi. Can anyone on here relate?

Windmere
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    11-15-14 02:13 AM
    Cool story, bro.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.1.1016
    11-15-14 02:18 AM
    You both make some good points but I'm definitely siding with the OP here. It boggles my mind that Blackberry is willing to wait until Dec 17 to release specs for a phone when they should be HYPING up the phone as much as they can (ie. release specs!!) to help save the company so that they will entice consumers who will be considering BLACK FRIDAY and HOLIDAY SALES to actually ignore all of those and wait for the Classic. Instead, they have left everything a mystery and will lose MANY sales due to this move.

I have no idea what they are thinking here. They're bound to get a higher-than-normal return rate because some people will receive the phone and be disappointed with the specs because they currently have no clue what they are buying!

Just my 2 cents. Then again, I only worked in Brand Marketing for over a decade across 3 Fortune 500 companies so what do I know... (Sorry if I sound like an *** here - just shocked at this move by Blackberry, especially when you consider they they have been on life support for a while now so they are still in desperation mode. And I'm not saying this as a troll - I will be buying a Classic IF the battery life is big enough, something I won't know until Dec 17).
    11-15-14 02:18 AM
    I agree with OP

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 02:51 AM
    I agree with OP. It's a bizarre move to open pre orders even without knowing the official specs BUT I think it's safe to assume that at this point it's only the BBOS users who are looking to upgrade and whatever the specs it will be better than their Bold. Overall, this move doesn't make sense but those pre ordering do have an idea what's coming.

Posted via CB10
    limabo likes this.
    11-15-14 03:58 AM
    As much as I question why they didn't just put the specs up there, I think it's fair to say that 99% of people pre-ordering are doing so completely acceptant of the fact that the specs are almost certainly the exact same as the Q10, as is assumed by the specs of the beta/test devices. There's no chance in hell that it'd be anything worse than the beta/test devices.

People pre-ordering aren't spec junkies. They're people who know and trust BlackBerry who don't give a rat's backside if it's not fueled by the latest-and-greatest in mobile processing power. We are all confident that BlackBerry won't release a device that has hardware that can't functionally operate on their 10.3.x O/S (hell, even the wife's Q5 is running it smoothly), so... why are you so irate, bucko?
    Once again I've had to say this, it's Z30 specs (1.7Ghz CPU, quad-core Adreno 320 GPU). This device will be faster than the Q10.
    wilber1 likes this.
    11-15-14 04:34 AM
    It's a collectors item. First Toolbelt BB10. Duh!!!
    11-15-14 04:45 AM
    Seriously what is wrong with you people?

There are NO specifications listed, .
    I posted a thread much earlier where it was stated that the Classic price was to be set at $499. It quickly got tagged as 'rumour'. Yet proved to be true.

Well, heres another 'rumour', According to CNET, here are the specs.......

True to its name, the Classic is a traditional BlackBerry design, complete with a physical QWERTY keyboard under the square 3.46-inch screen.

Dividing the two are a small trackpad and buttons to call up the menu, go back a step, or start and end phone calls.

Under the clicky keys is a dual-core 1.5GHz processor backed by 2GB of RAM. There's 16GB of storage that you can top up with a microSD card for extra space.

The touchscreen is 720p high definition, giving you a pixel density of 291 pixels per inch. The main camera is an 8-megapixel snapper and there's a 2-megapixel job on the front for video calls.

BlackBerry Classic Preview - CNET
    11-15-14 05:03 AM
    I doubt specs matter too much to the target market. Has extra buttons, still has a QWERTY keyboard, isn't too different from the decrepit Bold they've been hanging on to.
    11-15-14 05:23 AM
    Specs do not matter to people who want this device, myself included. And even if it had the same specs as the Q10, which I've used, I would be fully content with it's performance. The Q10 is no slouch and seeing as how the specs will be better and a beefier battery, had no issues pre ordering.

Also, where were you people when Apple launched the iPhone 6 & 6+? Aside from tech nerds who are on forums (like all of us here) majority of people had no idea of the specs of the new iPhones. Didn't see you guys posting about them or going to the mile long lineups telling them to cancel their pre orders...
    11-15-14 07:33 AM
    exponential iphone sales are proof that nobody cares about specs.

"only" 8mp camera?
    "only" dual cores?
    11-15-14 07:43 AM
    People have the right to spend their money how they want. People are brand loyal and want what the want. IPhone lovers do it. Blackberry lovers do it. Android lovers do it. Even people who are into sneakers will spend hundreds of dollars to have the newest and great. People want to be the ones to say "look at what I have".
    11-15-14 08:04 AM
    Classic for now to help BBOS users to new operating system, then Classic 2 with higher specs.
    Specs do not matter to people who want this device, myself included. And even if it had the same specs as the Q10, which I've used, I would be fully content with it's performance. The Q10 is no slouch and seeing as how the specs will be better and a beefier battery, had no issues pre ordering.

Also, where were you people when Apple launched the iPhone 6 & 6+? Aside from tech nerds who are on forums (like all of us here) majority of people had no idea of the specs of the new iPhones. Didn't see you guys posting about them or going to the mile long lineups telling them to cancel their pre orders...
    11-15-14 08:15 AM
    Somehow, I don't think that people who look at 3.5 inch screens are focused on pixel density
    11-15-14 08:28 AM
    I'm completely in agreement with OP. I didn't realize people were pre ordering with no specs, I incorrectly assumed while missing from the order page they were officially announced elsewhere.

In a sense I don't compare this as others have, to an iPhone preorder. At least with Apple I knew:
    - exact specs
    - which carriers supported the phone and where it was cross compatible/roam with
    - exact price. And didn't have to worry that would later change
    - could use my carrier upgrade at time of pre order
    - had a wealth of photos, even video, from Apple showing every angle of the device, the engineers describing it, and all that on the same page as the tech specs to compare what I saw and hear with what I read.

Some of these are advantages of being a large company like apple. But the fact that Apple does a laugh with this much info, means blackberry should needs to make up for it. Yeah advertising is expensive, but would it have killed them to give the device to a few tech blogs for reviews? Couldn't they have released photos? Couldn't they have released a video? Couldn't they have put together some general specs?
    +1000000 !!!!!
    11-15-14 08:50 AM
    What's the return policy? I'm sure you will be able to return it if you're unhappy right?

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 08:55 AM
    Really? Pre order without any official spec? Is it even legal?

Then people who pre order, either they just so blackberry die for, really rich or really stupid pick one hehehehehe

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 09:01 AM
    It is very unethical for BB to sell products that has no description what they are really selling. It is like ordering food and eat it first before the cook tells whats the ingridients.
    11-15-14 09:14 AM
    It is very unethical for BB to sell products that has no description what they are really selling. It is like ordering food and eat it first before the cook tells whats the ingridients.
    I can't tell if you're being sarcastic. Cooks never tell me what the ingredients are. All I know about the curry chicken is that it has chicken and curry.
    11-15-14 09:16 AM
    I think all of you are missing the real point. BB does not really care about the hardware business. They will continue to sell a very limited number of phones and build only a small inventory to keep in the game and to keep BB relevant. Their focus is software things for the business and government community. And as a result you will not see real effort put in to selling their phones. I think BB figures that it will sell some phones purely based on the physical keyboard that some people want and all the other specifications do not matter to people. Heck, I would bear money that they will no longer produce any models without the physical keyboard.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    11-15-14 09:42 AM
    Um. People pre-order books, video games, movies, and a billion other things without knowing exactly what it is.

I sense hyperbole.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 09:53 AM
    People buy on company reputation all the time...
    for example, there are always folks lining up at Apple stores long before the products are even announced.
    It is a matter of faith.

In the case of BB products, one can always cancel or return the product if it is not suitable.
    Advance order also overcomes the problem of stock-out such as happened with the Passport.
    11-15-14 09:59 AM
    I don't care about the specs but I'm not going to pre-order either. I think a lot of us BlackBerry users want the latest greatest FULL keyboard phone with the toolbelt and what is under the hood isn't all that important. I'm not saying we want a crappy device we of course want it to be better than the Q10 but specs aren't at the top of the list.

I used the Passport for a bit and absolutely loved the device but I missed having the bottom rows for number/symbol selection. I also have VZW so I couldn't justify keeping a secondary line just for the Passport. Definitely picking up the Classic when it releases.

Posted via Q10
    11-15-14 10:16 AM
97 123 ...