Not sure if this has been asked yet, but has your Classic's battery life deteriorated at all over the year?

Posted via CB10
    Not that I noticed.

My device still holds a day...I don't have to think about charging with my normal usage. What happened once or twice was a fast battery drain, probably because some app usage in the background. A restart did get rid of these events. Your questions is a fair one as the battery on this beautiful devise seems to be nearly impossible to change.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 09:35 AM
    Not sure if this has been asked yet, but has your Classic's battery life deteriorated at all over the year?

Posted via CB10

One Year with Classic-img_20160101_185756.png

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    01-01-16 05:59 PM
    Nice Mr. Underwood!

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 06:08 PM
    So well spoken!!! I go back and forth from the Leap to t Classic, and I always come home to the Classic. There's nothing like it. Always a comfort for life. May it never, ever die...
    01-01-16 11:57 PM
    Love the classic. Dislike the back of it tho

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 12:22 AM
    Use a red passport and a black Classic. Love them both.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2813
    01-02-16 06:35 AM
    Use a red passport and a black Classic. Love them both.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2813
    Which one do you use most?

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 09:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    for me, the Passport is a great device for content viewing and managing multiple email accounts. it's like a tablet replacement. great for speaker-phone conference calling too. and watching videos on it through FastTube is a pleasure (no matter what naysayers espouse about that square screen). an awesome travel device if you're on planes and trains, or if you have a spot in your backpack or purse when sightseeing.

but the Classic is better for when I'm active and doing things outside of the house/office. it's much more convenient in this regard (and this is arguably the most important function of a mobile device). as a result, the Classic is used more often than the Passport. The Classic fits into my life comfortably, rather than me having to adjust my routine for the Passport

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 11:28 AM
    for me, the Passport is a great device for content viewing and managing multiple email accounts. it's like a tablet replacement. great for speaker-phone conference calling too. and watching videos on it through FastTube is a pleasure (no matter what naysayers espouse about that square screen). an awesome travel device if you're on planes and trains, or if you have a spot in your backpack or purse when sightseeing.
    Posted via CB10
    I was thinking of getting a PP to play around with...once prizes hit rock bottom.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 02:00 PM
    The Passport and the Classic are both really good devices, and I don't think that you could go wrong with either of them. Having personally used both devices before, I like the battery life and the large screen of the Passport for viewing documents, PDF files, and spreadsheets easier. I also like the stronger auto-correct function on the Passport. The Classic, on the other hand, has a more user friendly keyboard: it's smaller, easier to push the keys, and has the full four rows with alt key to make typing symbols and numbers a lot more conventional. The battery life on the Classic gets me through a day, but obviously it won't be as good as on the Passport. Typing out longer passages like this too, I find it a lot more easy on the Classic as my thumbs don't get as tired typing on this sized device as they would on the Passport.

In terms of trying to decide, you could always try from Shop BlackBerry as they do have the 30 days return policy.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-16 03:27 PM
    I've had my Classic since launch. I still use the 9900 for my work phone. Small and it has the best keyboard.

The Priv is my second phone with the Classic as a back up.
    01-02-16 03:55 PM
    It all depends then on what your primary use of the phone will be. For purely communications, the Classic would be the way to go. If, however, you intend on reading a lot of documents and PDF files on the go, then the Passport would definitely be easier to do that on. Funny you mention about being distracted by apps, because that's actually a reason why I decided to go from the Passport to the Classic. I was using social media apps a lot on the Passport, as well as Web browsing. The Classic is a more modest device, in my humble opinion, and for pure communications, you absolutely cannot go wrong with it.

Feel free to BBM me if you have further questions, my PIN is 2C28611D. I also have a Passport that I'm willing to sell, although it is locked to Bell Canada.

Posted via CB10
    I picked up the Classic yesterday. I love it so far. I find myself replying and checking emails faster with the hub. It's not a chore anymore. I also love the toolbelt, weight, and look.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-02-16 05:30 PM

Posted via CB10
    I use my Passport more when I need to view and edit docs, excel and powerpoint. For my bbm, a few of my groups are with Passport and a few others with Classic. The same goes to my whatsapp group. I prefer to tweet on my Classic. But I mostly reply my email using my Passport. So I guess I use a fair amount of my Classic and Passport. Love the intuitive keyboard on Passport but I like the keyboard size on Classic better.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.2.2639
    01-02-16 06:48 PM
    I picked up the Classic yesterday. I love it so far. I find myself replying and checking emails faster with the hub. It's not a chore anymore. I also love the toolbelt, weight, and look.

Enjoy! And come back for any help or tips.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-03-16 09:07 AM
    One year in the box (spare classic)

Look at battery and what device monitor shows...
    One Year with Classic-img_20160103_211819.jpg

Regards
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-03-16 02:27 PM

Ok, here is a copy/paste of some pointers that you might like to use:

1. To minimize an app, press the call end button. Simple enough, but you can build on that. From the homescreen with the apps in active frame (minimized), highlighting one and pressing the back key will close it. So combine this with the fact that pressing call end will minimize it, if you want to outright close a program, all you have to do is press call end, then back, since it highlights the app you just minimized automatically. The benefits to this are that not only do you not need to move your thumb as much, but you can do this without looking at your phone. Swiping up and touching the x requires looking.

2. While in an app, pressing the BB button will open the overflow menu (3 dots on the bottom right). If that menu has more than one page, simply swipe on the trackpad in the direction of the other page and it'll switch.

3. To access the top menu inside apps, no more need to reach your thumb all the way to the top of the screen, simply long press the BB button.

4. As long as the phone app isn't minimized (where you might have navigated away from the main phone log), when you bring up the phone app by pressing the call send button, the last call should be highlighted, so to quickly redial the last number, simply press the call send button twice.

5. From the hub, holding the shift key and swiping up or down with the trackpad will start highlighting messages, let go of shift and you can start selecting messages that are not together by highlighting then pressing down on the trackpad. You can toggle already selected messages on and off by clicking on them. To cancel the selection, press the back button. Press the BB key to open the options for what you just highlighted.

6. Long pressing with the trackpad does exactly what long touching on the touchscreen does. Trust me, this is super useful.

7. To select text, just use the trackpad to where you want to start, then hold shift and swipe over the trackpad. Then to copy the text, just press the BB key to open the menu, "Copy" should be highlighted so you can just press the BB key again (basically press BB key twice). Then to paste the text, go to where you want to paste, and same thing, press BB key twice.

8. In the camera, if you press and hold the trackpad, the camera will refocus, then when you let go of the trackpad it will take the photo.

9. In an email, just press the BB button twice to send, unless you have text you have copied that haven't been pasted yet. If that's the case and you still want to send, make use of tip #2 and swipe in the direction of the "more" option on your trackpad, then hit the trackpad or BB key.

Andrew Darmawan1 and Avenzuno like this.
    01-03-16 02:33 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160103_211819.jpg 
Views:	342 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	386489

Regards
    Lol, must be some kind of record... The Android I use for Uber cannot sit for 3 days from a full charge without becoming fully discharged...

Mr4aces likes this.
    01-03-16 02:36 PM

Regards
    Wow....nice!

Posted via CB10
    01-03-16 03:50 PM
68 123