Wooow. How time flies. Had mine now exactly 1 year 4 days. That's 369 days. And still loving it. No complaints what so ever. Still the best of best worlds (Q10 + 9900) for me.
    12-23-15 03:42 PM
    Because I'm sure that they will never realese a Classic 2 with flagship specs. Also I think that this price level is acceptable for a lot of buyers.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 04:08 PM
    Yes I looked around too. Coming from a 8530, 9330 and a 9930 + Playbook. I switched to a Moto X 2nd Gen and I like it. Check out its notification interface will the phone is asleep, very cool. (I would think about a Classic 2 with modern specs though). My 9930 was better at phone calls, taking notes and password keeper. I still use my playbook and I use my 9930 as an off line secure password keeper and note taker. Just my opinion. T500J
    12-24-15 12:40 AM
    Damnn i love seeing the Classic being worshipped..!

I used a Z10, Q10 and a Z30.

But the BlackBerry Classic takes the Crown imo!

Posted via CB10 /  SQC100-1
    bh7171 likes this.
    12-24-15 04:49 AM

.... My 9930 was better at phone calls, taking notes and password keeper....
    Yes there were/are some things the 9900 was better at. Overall it is no match to the Classic. I sometimes get my Bold out to play with...couldn't go back. I still am fond of the smallness of the phone though, your personal window to the world in your hand.
    But I also remember trying to get bar codes for flight checkin to work when I open html Email ;-) puhh that was sometimes annoying.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 05:22 AM
    Yo ya casi un a�o con el clasico me siento enamorado de el jajaj pero quiero probar el Priv aver que tal est
    12-24-15 05:24 AM
    I have had the Classic for 3 weeks at this time. It has been everything I wanted in a device. I can talk, text, and email very easily. I have only added about 3 apps, and none of them are android. I did not want my phone to be a time sucker like iPhone or Android with all the needless apps and so when I am using the Classic it is for production only. So far great phone and I have no intention of switching again.
    12-24-15 11:46 AM
    Probably...but I'm happy with the classic

Posted via CB10
    Awesome. That's all that it really comes down to, just for the record I get about 12 hours on the Passport before 20 percent and around 8 hours on my classic.

But everyday is a struggle to choose my driver for the day lol

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    12-25-15 01:00 AM
    Jep one year on a Classic on everyday use, fast and long lasting battery ever since no reason for any complaints.

Would get a Passport for the fun of it as a 2nd device or as sort of permanent HDMI docking HUB Server setup device and dump my PC, but definitely get a 2nd Classic for spare.

Me running a Classic and Z10
    Wife running : Classic
    Daughter running: Q10 (loves it, want to keep)
    Granny 1 running: Q5 an PlayBook-64
    Granny 2 running: Z30

Going to setup BES12 Cloud to cope with all the devices in use soon.

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.+
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 12-26-15 at 05:47 AM.
    12-26-15 05:01 AM
    Jep one year on a Classic on everyday use, fast and long lasting battery ever since no reason for any complaints.

Would get a Passport for the fun of it as a 2nd device or as sort of permanent HDMI docking HUB Server setup device and dump my PC, but definitely get a 2nd Classic for spare.

Going to setup BES12 Cloud to cope with all the devices in use soon.

Awesome, you got the whole family onto BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 08:47 AM
    Awesome, you got the whole family onto BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    ;-)
    And yeah wasn't even a difficult task to do so, even if females as most part, which can be quite tricky (usually) , but hey my lot is happy with there BlackBerry devices, harder to convince any of them to let me have my hands on to do some updates, other than that no hassle at all.

12-26-15 10:42 AM
    i've had my classic for a few months now, and boy is it really starting to chug. unresponsive, slow to respond. I guess it's time for an OS refresh, but I doubt that will help for long. BB10 just needs better hardware, imo.

Posted via CB10
    Eno Karapici likes this.
    12-26-15 10:59 AM

Congrats ;-)

I got my wife to get a q10 really likes it... Now when we do video-chat via BBM the phones at least don't get so hot compared to Skype (my Classic and tablet really burn when using skype)

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 11:32 AM
    i've had my classic for a few months now, and boy is it really starting to chug. unresponsive, slow to respond. I guess it's time for an OS refresh, but I doubt that will help for long. BB10 just needs better hardware, imo.

Posted via CB10
    I did a security wipe and everything went smooth again. I guess it's time to move on and have a fresh start.

 Blackberryist 
    12-26-15 04:50 PM
    Aside from the z10 when it came out that made me crazy when I got rid of it and just had to get another one the classic is the only one that for some reason doesn't make me feel like I wanna get another phone and yes I am a phone ***** I just keep getting one and get rid of it and get something else. I've gone from z10-iphone-z10-q10-z30-passport-classic with some various androids in between and I am just very satisfied with it is just the perfect mix of pkb,touch screen, and mobile comfort not too big not too small just right.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-15 08:01 PM
    For me I have my Classic around 8 months and still happy to be back on BB10.

First Berry was the Nextel 8350i, then went through the Curve models to the Tour, 9930 Bold and finished up with the Z10.

Reluctantly went to Android due to needing a few key apps for work but, once I discovered that without any heavy lifting I could install them on the Classic it was a no brainer for me to go back to BB10.

Occasionally I will get an odd look when folks see the PKB but, when I show them that it runs Android apps and they see the speed in which I can reply to an email, BBM, etc they want a closer inspection.

Saw the Priv but, I'm not sold on it due to it lacking some of the features that the Classic has.

At this point I do not see a reason to move to another platform since my beloved Berry does everything I need it to do and more.

Yes, it does not have all of the latest and greatest apps but, I found that when I was running Android most of the apps I installed beyond the ones I needed for work were rarely used and ended up deleting them so the "app gap" is meaningless to me.

When I received my Classic it just felt familiar to be back on the platform.

Posted via CB10
    hplovecraft likes this.
    12-26-15 09:40 PM
    Using the Classic feels like coming home.
    No other phone has made me feel like that.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    12-26-15 10:53 PM
    Using the Classic feels like coming home.
    No other phone has made me feel like that.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    This is exactly how I felt (and still do) a year ago when on this date I ordered my Classic. Missing my Bold 9930, buying the new Classic was a no brainer. I do keep my Galaxy S4 on for a couple of apps that I like, but don't need all the time. Google play movies (via chromecast) and music come to mind as well as a banking app for mobile deposits. That's pretty much it. My Classic handles everything and has been my daily device this past year. It is accompanied by a Passport for when I sit back and chill. The screen size and speed are great as is the camera. If my Classic were to become damaged beyond repair, I'd replace it with another one.

Honestly, all the talk and reviews about the Priv has only solidified my love for my Classic (and Passport) and BB10. From the build quality, to the form factor, to its elegant OS. I truly believe that Blackberry should run both operating systems. In order to appease the masses and niche as well. I know, I know, 'tis a pleasant fiction .
    12-27-15 07:34 AM
    This is exactly how I felt (and still do) a year ago when on this date I ordered my Classic. Missing my Bold 9930, buying the new Classic was a no brainer. I do keep my Galaxy S4 on for a couple of apps that I like, but don't need all the time. Google play movies (via chromecast) and music come to mind as well as a banking app for mobile deposits. That's pretty much it. My Classic handles everything and has been my daily device this past year. It is accompanied by a Passport for when I sit back and chill. The screen size and speed are great as is the camera. If my Classic were to become damaged beyond repair, I'd replace it with another one.

Honestly, all the talk and reviews about the Priv has only solidified my love for my Classic (and Passport) and BB10. From the build quality, to the form factor, to its elegant OS. I truly believe that Blackberry should run both operating systems. In order to appease the masses and niche as well. I know, I know, 'tis a pleasant fiction .
    Hopefully not. All hope isn't lost... Though it does look very dismal at the moment

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    12-28-15 06:54 PM
    The Classic is a really good phone, so much so in fact, that I've decided to swap my SIM card back into it from my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 11:56 PM
    The Classic is a really good phone, so much so in fact, that I've decided to swap my SIM card back into it from my Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I'm trying to decide which one to buy between the two right now...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-31-15 10:59 PM
    I'm trying to decide which one to buy between the two right now...

Which phone do you currently have? And what usage factors are most important to you? In other words, what would you be using your phone for mostly?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 11:23 PM
    Which phone do you currently have? And what usage factors are most important to you? In other words, what would you be using your phone for mostly?

Posted via CB10
    I have an HTC One (M7) right now. I hate how distracted I get from my apps. I want a more purely communication device. Which is why I am leaning towards the Classic heavily. Although the screen and speed on the Passport is intriguing. Although, the screen/size of the Passport is the biggest con in my opinion. Yet still a pro. I'm thinking I'm gonna get the Classic for the one handed use. And dedicated call, end call buttons, trackpad, etc. Any thoughts?

01-01-16 12:39 AM
    I have an HTC One (M7) right now. I hate how distracted I get from my apps. I want a more purely communication device. Which is why I am leaning towards the Classic heavily. Although the screen and speed on the Passport is intriguing. Although, the screen/size of the Passport is the biggest con in my opinion. Yet still a pro. I'm thinking I'm gonna get the Classic for the one handed use. And dedicated call, end call buttons, trackpad, etc. Any thoughts?

It all depends then on what your primary use of the phone will be. For purely communications, the Classic would be the way to go. If, however, you intend on reading a lot of documents and PDF files on the go, then the Passport would definitely be easier to do that on. Funny you mention about being distracted by apps, because that's actually a reason why I decided to go from the Passport to the Classic. I was using social media apps a lot on the Passport, as well as Web browsing. The Classic is a more modest device, in my humble opinion, and for pure communications, you absolutely cannot go wrong with it.

Feel free to BBM me if you have further questions, my PIN is 2C28611D. I also have a Passport that I'm willing to sell, although it is locked to Bell Canada.

Posted via CB10
    Nightwing535 likes this.
    01-01-16 12:55 AM
    Hi folks

I have the Classic since a year now.....time for a personal recap

The look:
    For me still the best looking phone on the market. I still find myself just looking at it lying on my desk...its mature and business like design is not matched (maybe by PP)

The usage:
    I came from 9900 to Z10 back to 9900 before moving to the Classic...so I did know BB10. I think it is the best OS on the market for swift communication. It's fun to type on my Classic...switch from one app to the other using simple gestures.

Talking about typing: I think we all know these conversations were our counterpart is typing...and typing....and typing on his/her Iphone/Slab, and in the end it is one small sentence they wrote. And we answer in like a quarter of the time ;-). PKB right!?

The apps usage:
    Overall I am fine....my usage is mostly Whatsapp, Email + Browsing. Of course I use Google Maps from time to time + other android apps. Most of them run smooth, exceptions here is for example Kindle app. I can understand folks who are not happy with the amount/quality of the apps.

All in all:
    For me...the best phone I had until know. The Classic is a true communicator! Do I wanna switch? Clear No! At the moment there is no true alternativ on the market. I played with the Priv, great phone, but it has for me too many drawbacks. Do I wish for a Classic II? Sure! One can still dream ;-)

So...after a year I am still very happy with this great phone. I believe I am not the only one

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if this has been asked yet, but has your Classic's battery life deteriorated at all over the year?

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 09:00 AM
68 123