Hi folks

I have the Classic since a year now.....time for a personal recap

The look:
    For me still the best looking phone on the market. I still find myself just looking at it lying on my desk...its mature and business like design is not matched (maybe by PP)

The usage:
    I came from 9900 to Z10 back to 9900 before moving to the Classic...so I did know BB10. I think it is the best OS on the market for swift communication. It's fun to type on my Classic...switch from one app to the other using simple gestures.

Talking about typing: I think we all know these conversations were our counterpart is typing...and typing....and typing on his/her Iphone/Slab, and in the end it is one small sentence they wrote. And we answer in like a quarter of the time ;-). PKB right!?

The apps usage:
    Overall I am fine....my usage is mostly Whatsapp, Email + Browsing. Of course I use Google Maps from time to time + other android apps. Most of them run smooth, exceptions here is for example Kindle app. I can understand folks who are not happy with the amount/quality of the apps.

All in all:
    For me...the best phone I had until know. The Classic is a true communicator! Do I wanna switch? Clear No! At the moment there is no true alternativ on the market. I played with the Priv, great phone, but it has for me too many drawbacks. Do I wish for a Classic II? Sure! One can still dream ;-)

So...after a year I am still very happy with this great phone. I believe I am not the only one

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 05:30 AM
    You're not the only one, my friend. Classic is the best phone in the market for me too

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 06:22 AM
    Mine should arrive on Thursday!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-15 06:55 AM
    I have had my Classic one year about today and feel the same best communicator on market today and yes apps suck downloaded a few freebies BB has for Christmas and promptly deleted them .I have No interest in Prev although I hope it sells well for the obvious reasons however I do have some interest in the upcoming Vienna if it shows up with 2016 specs and the Prev bugs worked out we can hope for a Classic 2 running BB10 but we all know this probably will never happen .
    Eno Karapici likes this.
    12-22-15 07:05 AM
    The Classic is an awesome phone. The physical keyboard is second to none. It's like the no-nonsense phone so needed in a world oversaturated with the candybar touch smartphones that everyone seems to have.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 08:01 AM
    I know what you mean! I'd go crazy if work made me switch from my efficient Classic to some all-touch piece of crap.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 09:36 AM
    For me it's been 2 week with the classic. I traded my passport for the classic and I have no regrets. The passport for me was just too big and it kinda hurt my fingers. You had to use both hands and it got hot sometimes. Amazingly, I do get better battery life on my classic. The compact nature, one hand usage is invaluable to me. Only thing I miss from the passport is the swipe left on the keyboard to delete and probably the scrolling up and down using the keyboard when browsing....

In summary, the classic is the best BlackBerry ever built. It's better than the passport in terms of real life usage and sexier

I forgot to mention the classic charges faster than the passport.

Posted via CB10
    makaiman likes this.
    12-22-15 10:39 AM
    For me it's been 2 week with the classic. I traded my passport for the classic and I have no regrets. The passport for me was just too big and it kinda hurt my fingers. You had to use both hands and it got hot sometimes. Amazingly, I do get better battery life on my classic. The compact nature, one hand usage is invaluable to me. Only thing I miss from the passport is the swipe left on the keyboard to delete and probably the scrolling up and down using the keyboard when browsing....

In summary, the classic is the best BlackBerry ever built. It's better than the passport in terms of real life usage and sexier

Posted via CB10
    Better battery life? How long does your Classic battery last now, compared to your Passport?

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 10:43 AM
    I have had my Classic for about a year too and love it. My first one did have double typing issues but this second one has been good so far. I had the Bold 9900 and loved it. So was happy to have the Classic with OS10. Owned the Z10 and Q10 too. This phone is compact, practical, efficient and no nonsense. Powerful communicator and organizational tool. I have my work pdf files on it and Hub, Blend allows me to get stuff down in minimal time. Very happy with it. I will be at a loss when OS10 goes away. We have an Android tablet with the latest OS if any app gap needs to b addressed.

Posted via Classic
    12-22-15 11:38 AM
    My first one did have double typing issues but this second one has been good so far......

Posted via Classic
    I had double typing too. Was so happy when the last OS update got rid of that for good....

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 12:16 PM
    I have had my Classic one year about today and feel the same best communicator on market today and yes apps suck downloaded a few freebies BB has for Christmas and promptly deleted them .I have No interest in Prev although I hope it sells well for the obvious reasons however I do have some interest in the upcoming Vienna if it shows up with 2016 specs and the Prev bugs worked out we can hope for a Classic 2 running BB10 but we all know this probably will never happen .
    Yes, I am also interested in Vienna...as they may be no Classic II. But right now my Classic is fit as ever ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 12:18 PM
    Classic hands down is the best phone for my needs.

Sadly from a business perspective I need to use apps like Facebook / Twitter more often and we all know how poor the native BlackBerry apps are and how sparingly the other work.

Battery life is great and it lasts throughout the day unless really high use then I have to plug in at some point before dinner.

Everything else on this phone is amazing. Use 2 email accounts, social media accounts, texting and the odd surfing of the internet

Professional looking device and no one has ever asked what kind of phone do you have when they see the PKB. When I had my Z10 people would ask if it was an iPhone

BB10 software is the best in the market. Period. Just have to educate a few million more people on its benefits before we can change the world.

Sadly it seems that the more time goes on, the more I'm looking around to the next phone even though I'd rather give my right hand than lose my BlackBerry but with Android looking like it's the go to OS, all that work will be on the backshelf and we're going to have to download an app for everything on our phone instead of it being IN the OS.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    12-22-15 02:01 PM
    I've had my Classic since April and it is my second favorite BlackBerry. And I've used a lot of them! Haha.

Bold 9000, Bold 9900/9930, Classic. All in a class of their own. Never got around to using a Bold 9000, but from what I've heard, the Classic is the new 9000. I loved the Bold 9930 though.

I take it back, the Classic is so far my favorite Blackberry. Haha. But the 9930 surely comes close. For apps and such, I use an Android tablet so I'm all set there.

Hoping for Classic 2. No one really knows. The Vienna or whatever it is called looks compelling too.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 02:22 PM
    The Classic is just that classic device that I keep wanting to come back to all the time. It's a device that will stand the test of time and will always hold its appeal, in my humble opinion.

Posted via CB10
    12-22-15 02:28 PM
    Great thread. I have the SE Passport. I've had a Passport since launch. Love it but I do find myself missing something a little smaller. The best feeling device I have owned was the Bold 9900. I don't think anything could ever match it. Love my passport just want a smaller version so I just ordered a Classic. I'll see how it goes but I imagine if I loved the 9900 then I'll be a big fan of the Classic. I thought I might go Priv but I just got one for my wife and I'm not quite ready to jump on the android ship. Love the look and feel of the Priv, just not the android aspect.

Brought to you by...My sweet Passport
    12-23-15 01:36 AM
    I own a classic and love it to pieces. My only wish is that they would have either upgraded it spec-wise from the q10 or at least dropped the price a tad. Considering the difference in hardware, the fact that the Classic is only $100 CND less than a Passport OG is pretty laughable... still bought one though lol

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    12-23-15 02:36 AM

Posted via CB10
    While I agree the Classic is a wonderful device, it sounds as though you had a faulty Passport if the Classic's battery is lasting you longer

12-23-15 02:39 AM
    Better battery life? How long does your Classic battery last now, compared to your Passport?

Posted via CB10
    Passport does about 6 hours before reaching 20% while the classic does about 8 hours before reaching 20%...... I have the same software installed on both phone. Same network provider, same memory card. Same usage pattern.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 02:57 AM
    While I agree the Classic is a wonderful device, it sounds as though you had a faulty Passport if the Classic's battery is lasting you longer

Probably...but I'm happy with the classic

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 03:04 AM
    My combo is passport and classic.

There must be something wrong with your passport, by far passport has better battery life.

I m using this devices daily since January /February and average batt life is:

BlackBerry Classic : 20h
    Blackberry PP: 1day 12h

This is what device monitor says.

Regards
    12-23-15 03:13 AM
    Hey guys....

I know we love to compare stuff....but let's not make this (another) Classic vs. Passport thread ;-)

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 12:13 PM
    Hey guys....

I know we love to compare stuff....but let's not make this (another) Classic vs. Passport thread ;-)

Posted via CB10
    Why not? I enjoy reading them!

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 12:18 PM
    Good to know you are satisfied I came from a z10 to classic and personally believe it's faster from Z 10 even though it have the same specs!

How do you cope with VIBER App cause it's really bad experience in classic the screen doesn't even show the answer or reject buttons looks like a bug, it is too short screen, the answer reject for Viber it's under the joystick so...

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 12:32 PM
    I'm using Classic for 8 months. I used previously: Bold 9700, Bold 9900, Q10, Q5 (my wifes mobile), Z10 (for a week) and the Passport. The classic is the best phone for bussiness. I underline phone because you can use it very easily also as a phone on daily tasks (emails, calls, browsing, reading docs etc).
    Also Passport is very good and I miss the speed and the fluidity but it it is very big. When I was using it in the car could used it only via bluetooth connection.

The Classic has all the Blackberry DNA in the design and the handles very good the BB10 OS. Is strong and well builded. The specs could be better. But the price is good and atractive.

I managed to see Priv in a shop and it has a very good screen but it is big. The new skin is similar to BB10 but the OS still is far behind. The hub is non existing. I think is just and app like all android apps. The Blackberry and Android combination I think will manage to meet each other after 1 year or later. There a lot of work to do.

I hope that realease the Classic 2 with some mid range specs and with 10.3.3 or 10.4. I hope that Blackberry will continue this product.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Eno Karapici; 12-24-15 at 01:23 AM.
    12-23-15 02:26 PM

I hope that realease the Classic 2 with some mid range specs and with 10.3.3 or 10.4. I hope that Blackberry will continue this product.

Posted via CB10
    Why mid range specs? Price?

I like the form factor of the Classic...Could even be a bit smaller. As others pointed out 9900 was amazing, but this would now be a bit too small for my wishes.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 03:14 PM
68 123