Sorry. What?? I really don't know how you used BBOS. The messages app on BBOS is just a sort of hub as well, all your messages in one place. You also had the option of viewing your text messages separately I suppose, and your emails too... but your notifications, etc would still appear in the messages app only. I'm curious as to how you used BBOS.
    I personally way prefer the hub. I like having all my messages together, but even if I didn't it's simpler than ever it was on BBOS to view just a certain category of messages.
    The compose message icon is also infinitely better IMO. On BBOS, you couldn't guess what would come up. It depended on the information related to that contact. Just a phone number? It would immediately phone the guy. An email address and a phone number? It would always send him an email for some reason (in my experience). No way to send a txt message via the compose app (pressing c from home screen).
    No, it's clear for my part, the hub is infinitely more efficient, more intuitive and quicker than any other equivalents on other OSes, including BBOS.

Forgive my typos, I don't look when I type
    On BBOS I used the messages app to view all emails, and had notifications turned off in it. When I clicked compose, since I was doing so from the messages app, it understood that I was sending an email, and didn't ask If i wanted to send a text, BBM, or PIN message. When I chose to select a contact to send the email to, it knew I was sending an email, and therefore only popped up with with the emails for people in my contacts. The same goes for texts from the text app.

In BB10 if I click compose from the hub, it then asks if I want to send as a text, email, BBM, Pin etc. Then even if I chose to send as one of my email accounts, when I add contacts to the email, if I choose a contact with an email address, work phone, home phone, and mobile phone, it shows that contact 4 times and I have to choose to send to his email. If I am sending an email, why would I want to send it to a contacts home phone number that can't receive emails..or even texts for that matter.

It's just an annoyance that I have to go through every time I send an email that isn't a reply to an existing one. In the texts app it works fine, it only shows mobile numbers for contacts. All they'd have to do to fix this would be to add a "messages" or "e-mail" icon like the text one that just handles email only. For those who love and adore the hub, you could simply delete it.
    08-12-15 12:11 PM
    On BBOS I used the messages app to view all emails, and had notifications turned off in it. When I clicked compose, since I was doing so from the messages app, it understood that I was sending an email, and didn't ask If i wanted to send a text, BBM, or PIN message. When I chose to select a contact to send the email to, it knew I was sending an email, and therefore only popped up with with the emails for people in my contacts. The same goes for texts from the text app.

In BB10 if I click compose from the hub, it then asks if I want to send as a text, email, BBM, Pin etc. Then even if I chose to send as one of my email accounts, when I add contacts to the email, if I choose a contact with an email address, work phone, home phone, and mobile phone, it shows that contact 4 times and I have to choose to send to his email. If I am sending an email, why would I want to send it to a contacts home phone number that can't receive emails..or even texts for that matter.

It's just an annoyance that I have to go through every time I send an email that isn't a reply to an existing one. In the texts app it works fine, it only shows mobile numbers for contacts. All they'd have to do to fix this would be to add a "messages" or "e-mail" icon like the text one that just handles email only. For those who love and adore the hub, you could simply delete it.
    1st paragraph : why don't you just switch the hub menu then? You don't have to stay on the general hub the whole time. To get into your email section of the hub, it's literally just 1, maybe 2 swipes away, and 1 tap. It's still way more efficient than having several apps for it.

2nd paragraph: I just tried. I clicked compose from the general section of the hub. Chose email, started typing the contact's name. And only email addresses appeared. No phone numbers or anything. Are you sure about that? What is your software version?

08-12-15 12:56 PM
    I'm surprised you gave the contacts app a neutral. I miss my reliable BB7.1 contacts app. The contacts would stay exactly as I arranged them. With BB10 random things go missing, contacts are suddenly duplicated. Wrong people's info get mixed in.

I've been with BB10 since April 2013 and the contacts app hasn't improved from 10.0 to 10.3 of course Chen fired everyone so there's no one left to work on the OS.

Using Z10 since BlackBerry broke my Z30.
    08-12-15 01:18 PM
    1st paragraph : why don't you just switch the hub menu then? You don't have to stay on the general hub the whole time. To get into your email section of the hub, it's literally just 1, maybe 2 swipes away, and 1 tap. It's still way more efficient than having several apps for it.

2nd paragraph: I just tried. I clicked compose from the general section of the hub. Chose email, started typing the contact's name. And only email addresses appeared. No phone numbers or anything. Are you sure about that? What is your software version?

That's actually what I have been doing. It was while replying to someone above that I discovered that it works. When I go directly to the email box I want to email from and click compose it's a much better interface. It still shows the "suggested contacts" and has their contact icons in different sizes for some reason, but as long as I keep recent contacts cleared, I don't see any of that.

Latest OS version, and after I just tried it now, it worked as you stated, strange. I know I've seen it somewhere that I was composing an email and it popped up with numbers, pins, and email addresses.
    08-12-15 01:24 PM
    I'm surprised you gave the contacts app a neutral. I miss my reliable BB7.1 contacts app. The contacts would stay exactly as I arranged them. With BB10 random things go missing, contacts are suddenly duplicated. Wrong people's info get mixed in.

I've been with BB10 since April 2013 and the contacts app hasn't improved from 10.0 to 10.3 of course Chen fired everyone so there's no one left to work on the OS.

Using Z10 since BlackBerry broke my Z30.
    I agree with that. The contacts app sucks big, big time. I am considering starting a thread just to complain about it. I almost did once.

Doggerz likes this.
    08-12-15 03:31 PM
    How did I speak to them? I said I've heard nothing but bad things, and therefore haven't tried them, so I can't speak directly to them. An app is better than no app at all unless it doesn't function properly, and drains battery, adds exploitable vulnerabilities to my phone, or is unstable. There are reports of that very thing all over them web.

I am pleased they make the Classic, hence why I have one despite the issues I have with it. If I wasn't required to be able to check email on my phone (company policy in order to receive the phone allowance) I would stick with the Bold 9930 until they shut 3G off.
    Well your research has led you astray as far as Android apps are concerned. I use Snap rather than the Amazon store. There are some client apps like igrann that work very well . It is perfectly fine to not use these APK apps but don't spread misinformation when you clearly have no personal knowledge. About 60 percent of my apps are Android indirectly from the Google Store which is a reliable source. I live in Canada where there are still some BB10 availability.

As I said it is fine that you prefer to not use Android apps but for most of us they are necessary given that BBW is pretty limited.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 08-12-15 at 05:52 PM.
    08-12-15 04:31 PM
    I went to a Q10 first until the Classic came out. After getting my trackpad back I pretty much forgot about anything I didn't like about BB10! (Though I still keep my Curve on me for the native FM radio app and more reliable GPS tracking with GPS Logger II... the only half-decent GPS app I found for BB10 took forever to get a signal and wouldn't let you start a track until it did)

I agree the Contacts app is annoying, though I am amused when I add the e-mail address to someone's contact and their Twitter handle populates automatically. Get to know a lot more about them that way

My Classic's LCD display broke (dropped many times; out of warranty) so while it's out for service I've been using my Q10 and miss the Classic already. I also learned the hard way not to put a micro-to-nano SIM card adapter in the slot without the card! That was a ***** to get out without breaking the contacts (thanks to the repair guy for warning me!)

- RG>
    08-12-15 07:56 PM
    Wouldn't keeping those apps opened and minimized drain the battery a lot faster though? Particularly ones like the weather app would keep a constant data connection up right? I've noticed when I use multiple apps the phone gets quite warm and the battery drains at a good 1% a minute.

I do have BeBuzz, and again, there are only those 7 colors, and only in the one shade of each. No orange, no purple or violet, no navy or sky blue or royal blue, no dark green or lime, no dark/light red, no brown, and dozens of others that I used on BB7. Colors may sound trivial to some, but it was by far one of my favorite features on BBOS. It's nice that it's still there in BB10, just severely reduced.
    Firstly, as for colors while there may not be quite the same range they have some much more valuable stuff to me such as disco, SOS, slow, fast...patterns - to me they capture my attention much more than static or slowly flashing colors (BTW I don't work for Bellshare and their response/customer service absolutely sucks) - i only use BeBuzz because the others are far worse IMHO.
    As for minimizing apps, IDK how much more juice they actually use - I mean if the weather icon showed the current temp it too would have to be constantly online wouldn't it? So the real difference in current draw would only be the actual display area used - same for calendar, clock, etc. since they too would be constantly on line. I think OS10 is fairly economical in the use of the "active" apps on the first page. Would be nice to compare anyway
    08-12-15 10:01 PM
    Firstly, as for colors while there may not be quite the same range they have some much more valuable stuff to me such as disco, SOS, slow, fast...patterns - to me they capture my attention much more than static or slowly flashing colors (BTW I don't work for Bellshare and their response/customer service absolutely sucks) - i only use BeBuzz because the others are far worse IMHO.
    As for minimizing apps, IDK how much more juice they actually use - I mean if the weather icon showed the current temp it too would have to be constantly online wouldn't it? So the real difference in current draw would only be the actual display area used - same for calendar, clock, etc. since they too would be constantly on line. I think OS10 is fairly economical in the use of the "active" apps on the first page. Would be nice to compare anyway
    BBOS actually had all the SOS, Police, Disco, etc. patterns as well, but yes I do agree those are good options.

For the weather icon in BBOS, I had it set to update the weather in 30 minute intervals. With that option not being there in BB10, keeping the app open but minimized, I would assume it would either constantly update, or not update at all until the app was opened and refreshed. I guess the only way to find out will be to test it.

I'll give it a test throughout the day and report back.
    08-13-15 07:57 AM
    Chrome and ios browser are lightyears ahead I about fell out of my seat lol seriously? I have used them all BlackBerry browser is the best this is not me just being a fan boy safari is such garbage. You know I thought it was a bit crazy when you said the bb10 browser was not that much better then on the 9900. But thanks for the nice write up

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 09:48 AM
    Chrome and ios browser are lightyears ahead I about fell out of my seat lol seriously? I have used them all BlackBerry browser is the best this is not me just being a fan boy safari is such garbage. You know I thought it was a bit crazy when you said the bb10 browser was not that much better then on the 9900. But thanks for the nice write up

Posted via CB10
    I said Chrome ON Android and IOS, not Safari. Safari is garbage, you're right there. And yes, Chrome on IOS and Android is lightyears beyond the BB10 browser. I laid on the couch with my wife's iPhone 6 in one hand using Chrome and the Classic browser in the other testing sites side by side for well over an hour. The chrome browser was significantly faster both on and off wifi (4G LTE if off) and it rendered pages MUCH quicker and better in almost every single case. The Classic also got very warm during my browsing session and chewed through about 40% of the battery, while the iPhone 6 stayed cool and used roughly 8% battery.

Websites I tried - my bank site, my credit card site, crackberry, IGN, verizon and AT&T's websites, amazon, google, ebay, multiple video game wikis, and dozens of others.

Yes the BB10 browser is better than the 9930 browser for sure, but going from 3G 9930 browser to BB10 4G LTE browser, I expected much more. The BB10 browser still struggles on shockwave or java heavy sites, especially a lot of those wiki pages like mass effect or fallout wiki. Those websites made the phone get uncomfortably warm and was murderous on the battery.
    08-13-15 11:04 AM
    I said Chrome ON Android and IOS, not Safari. Safari is garbage, you're right there. And yes, Chrome on IOS and Android is lightyears beyond the BB10 browser. I laid on the couch with my wife's iPhone 6 in one hand using Chrome and the Classic browser in the other testing sites side by side for well over an hour. The chrome browser was significantly faster both on and off wifi (4G LTE if off) and it rendered pages MUCH quicker and better in almost every single case. The Classic also got very warm during my browsing session and chewed through about 40% of the battery, while the iPhone 6 stayed cool and used roughly 8% battery.

Websites I tried - my bank site, my credit card site, crackberry, IGN, verizon and AT&T's websites, amazon, google, ebay, multiple video game wikis, and dozens of others.

Yes the BB10 browser is better than the 9930 browser for sure, but going from 3G 9930 browser to BB10 4G LTE browser, I expected much more. The BB10 browser still struggles on shockwave or java heavy sites, especially a lot of those wiki pages like mass effect or fallout wiki. Those websites made the phone get uncomfortably warm and was murderous on the battery.
    Can you adjust the font size on some sites using Chrome? My ideal browser would have text reflow. I need a larger font on Web sites.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 11:34 AM
    Can you adjust the font size on some sites using Chrome? My ideal browser would have text reflow. I need a larger font on Web sites.

Posted via CB10
    Yea you can change the font size used on every page using the Text Scaling options under Accessibility.
    08-13-15 11:39 AM
    Sorry to be obtuse but I can change the font size on my BlackBerry browser via settings but on our iPhone using Chrome or Safari I can not seem to be able to do this.

Is this a phone issue and not a browser issue?

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 12:39 PM
    Sorry to be obtuse but I can change the font size on my BlackBerry browser via settings but on our iPhone using Chrome or Safari I can not seem to be able to do this.

Is this a phone issue and not a browser issue?

Posted via CB10
    When I get home I can poke around my wifes iPhone and double check. I do remember it was under Accessibility options.
    08-13-15 12:49 PM
    Thanks.. Having a larger font browser is one of the reasons I purchased the BlackBerry over the iPhone. Some Android phones display better font sizes on their websites as well.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 01:10 PM
    The BlackBerry Hub is actually awesome. Good post though. Glad to see you upgrade from 9930.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 03:56 PM
    Wouldn't keeping those apps opened and minimized drain the battery a lot faster though? Particularly ones like the weather app would keep a constant data connection up right? I've noticed when I use multiple apps the phone gets quite warm and the battery drains at a good 1% a minute.

I do have BeBuzz, and again, there are only those 7 colors, and only in the one shade of each. No orange, no purple or violet, no navy or sky blue or royal blue, no dark green or lime, no dark/light red, no brown, and dozens of others that I used on BB7. Colors may sound trivial to some, but it was by far one of my favorite features on BBOS. It's nice that it's still there in BB10, just severely reduced.
    You can always send a message to the developers of BeBuzz and request the colours to be added. A lot of the app developers are fairly receptive to user feedback.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 11:27 PM
    I wish the Blue Classic was available on Verizon...would make my life so much easier... :/
    Avenzuno and bigjman like this.
    08-14-15 10:26 AM
    I spent a good hour typing up this big long review, but it was going on for WAY too long and didn't want to bore everybody heh. Instead I'll list my positives and negatives of moving to a Classic after being on BBOS for the past 10+ years.

This is intended to help anyone who is still considering moving to the Classic. It is not intended to sway your decision either way, but just to give you more information.

Positives of Classic/BB10

+The phone is gorgeous with a bright and vivid screen.
    +The keys are responsive and clicky
    +The "grated" back on the phone is outstanding
    +The battery is pretty good. When I first got the phone I charged it up full and let it sit with all radios off untouched to see how long the battery lasted. It made it about 7 days. With light use you can expect to get roughly 2 days out of the battery. With some heavy usage the phone does get hot and you'll tear through some battery, but should still manage to make it through the day. Coming from a Bold 9930 that still had its original battery from 2011, it is a HUGE difference heh.
    +Better VPN options, instead of the hugely outdated options available in BBOS
    +Order customization. The settings and quick settings menus can be customized to whatever order you'd like, and you can turn off things from the quick settings menu you don't want to see.
    +The Maps is much better. Anyone who's ever had to suffer through using GPS on the Bold 9930 knows how painful that used to be.
    +The browser is better. Not as "amazing" as some tout it to be, but a good bit better than that horrid excuse for a browser on the 9930.

Negatives of Classic/BB10

-The LED is severely lacking in colors. On on the Bold 9930 using BeBuzz you could make any shade of any color you wanted, except black. On the Classic, you are restricted to Red, Yellow, Green, Cyan, Blue, Magenta, and White, and only in the one shade.

-The LED flash duration is restricted to only a fast flash. On the Bold 9930 you could make it a smooth pulse, really quick flash, really long flash, etc. The LED flash is a little too quick IMO on the Classic, but you can make it repeat for as long as you'd like using BeBuzz.

-The HUB is garbage IMO. Why would I want all my different message types in one screen? I don't need to see a text from my wife saying I love you, next to an email from my boss ******** because I still didn't buy an iPhone or Android. On the plus side, you can heavily customize the HUB so that text messages ONLY show when you click the text messages icon, BBM only shows when clicking the BBM icon, emails when you click the messages icon, etc.

-Email Composing. The way you compose a new email in BB10 is terrible IMO. When you click to compose a new email it pops up with most used contacts, complete with their icons, all of which show in different sizes for some reason. Choosing which account to send the email from shows a long list of all account types (including non email accounts, again part of the garbage HUB system) instead of just a simple drop down like in BBOS

-No dynamic icons. This means gone are the days of having your weather app show the current weather on the icon. Now you have to actually open the app.

Neutral (Things that are basically the same)

Contact Management seems to be pretty much the same.

Calendar seems to be the same

Bedside Mode is the same, although I never used bedside mode on the 9930 since I had to charge it every single night and didn't need the battery saving features of bedside mode.

Apps Most people would put this as a positive to BB10, but I disagree. While there are some apps that weren't available in BBOS (AnyConnect, Duo Mobile, probably lots more) there are also some apps that are no longer there, such as Blackberry Traffic, Flixster, AIM, and lots more. Some other big important apps that were not available on BBOS are still missing on BB10 such as Netflix, Instagram, SnapChat, Spotify, etc. Granted I wouldn't be caught dead using any of those social media apps, but regardless, they aren't available. Some of the ones I mentioned may be available using the backdoor Android apps, but I've heard nothing but bad things about using those apps (battery drain, crashes, bugs) and refuse to put any on my phone, so can't speak to it.

I'll probably update this over the next few days, but hopefully this at least gives some more real info for those out there like me.
    You can always tell when someone makes a BB10 review based on no knowledge of the OS and with a bias for a different OS.

The Hub is garbage? You like opening 80 different apps to respond to ppl? Android would be a better fit you then. BlackBerry is a messaging phone first and foremost and the Hub is all about making communication easier and does it very well. There are different settings like priority and color coating the different types of messages. You can also select each type of message, ie text, FB, so that you only see that type of message instead of having a text next to an email (the horror).

And then the app critique (sigh). WTF is a "backdoor Android app"? I won't bother writing how to get the apps you mentioned since you couldn't bother yourself to read up on the OS you got, instead just complaining that they aren't there. I have BlackBerry World, Google Play Store and Amazon app store... you also have BlackBerry World and Amazon app store on your phone... that's two app store environments preinstalled and adding Play Store gives you the rest of what you need.

If only ppl read things...

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-14-15 01:25 PM
    I don't know why Verizon is limiting colors to certain carriers. The Cobalt Blue Classic should be available for all carriers!

Posted via CB 10 | STA100-3 Z30 | OS 10.3.2.858
    08-14-15 01:45 PM
    You can always send a message to the developers of BeBuzz and request the colours to be added. A lot of the app developers are fairly receptive to user feedback.

Posted via CB10
    Yea, was thinking about doing that. I would assume, and of course we know what they say about assuming, but I would assume the lack of colors is a physical limitation in the LED used in BB10 models, and not a lack of features on BeBuzzed, especially considering their previous version had them all.
    08-14-15 02:01 PM
    You can always tell when someone makes a BB10 review based on no knowledge of the OS and with a bias for a different OS.

The Hub is garbage? You like opening 80 different apps to respond to ppl? Android would be a better fit you then. BlackBerry is a messaging phone first and foremost and the Hub is all about making communication easier and does it very well. There are different settings like priority and color coating the different types of messages. You can also select each type of message, ie text, FB, so that you only see that type of message instead of having a text next to an email (the horror).

And then the app critique (sigh). WTF is a "backdoor Android app"? I won't bother writing how to get the apps you mentioned since you couldn't bother yourself to read up on the OS you got, instead just complaining that they aren't there. I have BlackBerry World, Google Play Store and Amazon app store... you also have BlackBerry World and Amazon app store on your phone... that's two app store environments preinstalled and adding Play Store gives you the rest of what you need.

If only ppl read things...

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    No knowledge of the OS? I've been using it exclusively for a month, and have spent countless hours working to customize it how I like. Of course I am bias towards BBOS, it is and was the best phone OS ever made IMO. Besides the browser and VPN options, I'd say its near perfect. It is a shining example of quality over quantity. Elegance in simplicity. Are you not bias towards BB10? I like how people get so hostile when others have a different opinion on something that they like. God bless the internet.

80 different apps to respond to people? No, 2. Text and Messages (E-Mail). You make the comment about people reading things, well read what I said. I was able to customize the hub to only show email messages like I want. It's composing an email and still being given options for texts and BBM, and Pin Messages despite having all of those turned off in the hub that is my main issue, along with the suggested contacts that I can't get rid of without manually clearing each time.

I know exactly how to get the Android apps. Hard to miss the amazon app store preinstalled right next to App World. And I know all about the Google Play store. Now if you had taken the time to read up, you would see that blackberry straight officially says that NONE of the apps from Amazon or the Google Play store are officially supported. Some may work, some may not, but NONE of them are supported, because they are not blackberry apps. They are Android apps, written and designed with another OS in mind. Some things written for CentOS or RedHat MIGHT work on OSX, but that doesn't mean its the best idea to install them. I'm sure most of those apps are just fine, but it is also very possible that they open up security vulnerabilities or stability issues on the phone. Despite all this, I put the apps part under Neutral, not a Negative.

Did you not READ the part where I said I have to use AnyConnect VPN to connect to my work to check work email from my phone? Is it possible that maybe, just maybe, it's not the best idea to install unsupported software on a phone that has a direct link to my company, which btw is an IT security company?

Some final thoughts... For the few government companies out there that are issuing blackberry 10 devices to employees, do you think they allow the Amazon/Google Play store to be accessed and apps downloaded on those phones? And while we're on that subject, why was BBOS so heavily used in the government sector, but companies are dropping BB10 like the plague and going with IOS and Android?

Be as hostile and pissypants towards me as you want. I gave an honest review, and clearly stated it was my opinion. Obviously despite everything said, I did purchase a BB Classic instead of an Android or iPhone. I was simply giving my opinion in a review in the hopes that it might help someone else on a 9930 who's thinking about switching or not. Not trying to persuade someone either way. I don't work for BB, nor do I have any sort of "brand loyalty" for anything. That whole concept is extremely asinine. I simply went with the best choice for me in the end, and thought I would share.
    Last edited by CobaltClassic007; 08-14-15 at 02:39 PM.
    BerryRipe likes this.
    08-14-15 02:15 PM
    No knowledge of the OS? I've been using it exclusively for a month, and have spent countless hours working to customize it how I like. Of course I am bias towards BBOS, it is and was the best phone OS ever made IMO. Besides the browser and VPN options, I'd say its near perfect. It is a shining example of quality over quantity. Elegance in simplicity. Are you not bias towards BB10? I like how people get so hostile when others have a different opinion on something that they like. God bless the internet.

80 different apps to respond to people? No, 2. Text and Messages (E-Mail). You make the comment about people reading things, well read what I said. I was able to customize the hub to only show email messages like I want. It's composing an email and still being given options for texts and BBM, and Pin Messages despite having all of those turned off in the hub that is my main issue, along with the suggested contacts that I can't get rid of without manually clearing each time.

I know exactly how to get the Android apps. Hard to miss the amazon app store preinstalled right next to App World. And I know all about the Google Play store. Now if you had taken the time to read up, you would see that blackberry straight officially says that NONE of the apps from Amazon or the Google Play store are officially supported. Some may work, some may not, but NONE of them are supported, because they are not blackberry apps. They are Android apps, written and designed with another OS in mind. Some things written for CentOS or RedHat MIGHT work on OSX, but that doesn't mean its the best idea to install them. I'm sure most of those apps are just fine, but it is also very possible that they open up security vulnerabilities or stability issues on the phone. Despite all this, I put the apps part under Neutral, not a Negative.

Did you not READ the part where I said I have to use AnyConnect VPN to connect to my work to check work email from my phone? Is it possible that maybe, just maybe, it's not the best idea to install unsupported software on a phone that has a direct link to my company, which btw is an IT security company?

Some final thoughts... For the few government companies out there that are issuing blackberry 10 devices to employees, do you think they allow the Amazon/Google Play store to be accessed and apps downloaded on those phones? And while we're on that subject, why was BBOS so heavily used in the government sector, but companies are dropping BB10 like the plague and going with IOS and Android?

Be as hostile and pissypants towards me as you want. I gave an honest review, and clearly stated it was my opinion. Obviously despite everything said, I did purchase a BB Classic instead of an Android or iPhone. I was simply giving my opinion in a review in the hopes that it might help someone else on a 9930 who's thinking about switching or not. Not trying to persuade someone either way. I don't work for BB, nor do I have any sort of "brand loyalty" for anything. That whole concept is extremely asinine. I simply went with the best choice for me in the end, and thought I would share.
    A whole month, a week of which the phone sat idle. I learn something new about the OS everyday and I've been on it for two years. So when I see ppl like you review it without taking the real time to learn it and trash it I get annoyed. There's enough apple and Google shills getting paid for that.

The OS comes with an android emulator, it runs android apps without fear of viruses. BlackBerry worked out a deal with Amazon to make our lives easier. Without this capability I would agree with your lack of apps comment, but as it stands you're completely wrong. That's what happens when you review something you didn't actually use.
    Apps require permissions, many ppl seem to be unaware of why... Um is to access your phone maybe, you think? Sure there are apps that data mine, so don't use them, but don't be parroting the tired cry of lack of apps.

I read what you said about the Hub and knowing how the tabs work, but I didn't think you understood what you said yourself so I wanted to emphasize it. Seeing how your first statement was the Hub is garbage and your emails are next to a text.

As far as secure phones go, we are consumers... Government Spying is in our phones, we aren't special. Do you really think your bbos phone was as secure as the ones they make specifically for the Private sector? You think Obama is using the same unlocked BlackBerry from amazon that you could buy? That's some delusional thinking.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    08-14-15 04:09 PM
    A whole month, a week of which the phone sat idle. I learn something new about the OS everyday and I've been on it for two years. So when I see ppl like you review it without taking the real time to learn it and trash it I get annoyed. There's enough apple and Google shills getting paid for that.

The OS comes with an android emulator, it runs android apps without fear of viruses. BlackBerry worked out a deal with Amazon to make our lives easier. Without this capability I would agree with your lack of apps comment, but as it stands you're completely wrong. That's what happens when you review something you didn't actually use.
    Apps require permissions, many ppl seem to be unaware of why... Um is to access your phone maybe, you think? Sure there are apps that data mine, so don't use them, but don't be parroting the tired cry of lack of apps.

I read what you said about the Hub and knowing how the tabs work, but I didn't think you understood what you said yourself so I wanted to emphasize it. Seeing how your first statement was the Hub is garbage and your emails are next to a text.

As far as secure phones go, we are consumers... Government Spying is in our phones, we aren't special. Do you really think your bbos phone was as secure as the ones they make specifically for the Private sector? You think Obama is using the same unlocked BlackBerry from amazon that you could buy? That's some delusional thinking.

BBClassic10.3.2.2252
    Now you're just trying to win a pissing contest but may I warn you about the wind. Maybe you shouldn't presume or think something if you don't want it in return. He gave an honest opinion which he titled it "One Month With The Blue Classic" so in favor of your **** poor argument that he doesn't know the os because he's only been with it for a month (at the time of his post) is a very (for lack of better terminology) captain obvious comment. If I were to have written a one month review I'm almost sure I would have come across disappointed and would I have been absolutely wrong? No I wouldn't have because it would have been merely an opinion and if anyone's opinion differed from mine then fine but aren't we all entitled to an opinion. Were you 100% satisfied with BlackBerry10 at first or any os for that matter...if so great but if not wouldn't you be entitled to your opinion. Why don't you try and give him advice on how to make the os work better for his needs instead of bashing him?

"Opinions are like azzholes, we all have one" Anonymous

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 12:20 PM
51 123