Last year I bought a Key2. Used it a couple of months, got frustrated, sold it and went back to the Classic. Then in April of this year I got jealous of my friends shiney new Samsung 10s and bought one. Tonight I pulled out the SIM card and put it in the old Classic just for fun, and now I am seriously thinking about just using the Classic again. There is something magical about this damn phone.
    08-15-19 08:57 PM
    Last year I bought a Key2. Used it a couple of months, got frustrated, sold it and went back to the Classic. Then in April of this year I got jealous of my friends shiney new Samsung 10s and bought one. Tonight I pulled out the SIM card and put it in the old Classic just for fun, and now I am seriously thinking about just using the Classic again. There is something magical about this damn phone.
    Welcome back John! Let us know if you need any help getting back into the swing of things with apps, setup, etc. Happy to have you back in the BB10 ranks!
    08-15-19 09:04 PM
    I noticed none of my contacts came through when I moved the SIM card from the Samsung to the classic. Is there a workaround for this?
    08-15-19 10:22 PM
    I noticed none of my contacts came through when I moved the SIM card from the Samsung to the classic. Is there a workaround for this?
    Please forgive the question John, but just to double-check: are you certain the contacts were stored on the SIM card? Samsung Galaxy phones (and Android phones in general) tend to store contacts in uncertain places so I just want to make sure we're confident that they are on the SIM card and not stored locally on the Samsung device, etc.

Also, in the event we are sure, have you double-checked the Classic's Contacts app to make sure you're looking at the SIM card and not just Local Contacts?
    08-15-19 10:26 PM
    Actually Im not certain. I will replace the sim and make sure all the contacts are stored there
    08-15-19 10:47 PM
    Samsung Galaxy phones (and Android phones in general) tend to store contacts in uncertain places
    Actually, they store them exactly where you choose to store them.
    08-15-19 10:51 PM
    Actually Im not certain. I will replace the sim and make sure all the contacts are stored there
    SIM cards only hold basic contact info, so don't use that.

Just make sure they are all in the cloud - Google or outlook.com. Then you can simply sync to them on your Classic.
    Last edited by conite; 08-15-19 at 11:05 PM.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-15-19 10:54 PM
    SIM cards only hold basic contact info, so don't use that.

Just make sure they are all in the cloud - Google or outlook.com. Then you can simply sync to them on your Classic.
    Or he could do as he likes and transfer them to the SIM, if he prefers to store them there.
    08-15-19 11:07 PM
    Actually, they store them exactly where you choose to store them.
    For techy people like you and I, that is correct. For average users, Android is well-known to store things in places they did not specifically choose to store them.
    08-15-19 11:07 PM
    Android is well-known to store things in places they did not specifically choose to store them.
    How so?
    08-15-19 11:20 PM
    How so?
    Default settings in Contacts apps and/or automatic syncing settings in Accounts. Google and Samsung try to be "helpful" by making people's choices for them, and since they can still see contacts they are unaware of where they are actually stored unless or until they switch devices.
    08-15-19 11:25 PM
    Default settings in Contacts apps and/or automatic syncing settings in Accounts. Google and Samsung try to be "helpful" by making people's choices for them, and since they can still see contacts they are unaware of where they are actually stored unless or until they switch devices.
    Ah. So exactly like BB10 and iOS.
    08-15-19 11:26 PM
    Ah. So exactly like BB10 and iOS.
    Somewhat like iOS. BB10 contacts are quite clear where they're stored, and there are no default settings in the same way there are with iOS and Android which hide their location.
    08-15-19 11:29 PM
    Somewhat like iOS. BB10 contacts are quite clear where they're stored, and there are no default settings in the same way there are with iOS and Android which hide their location.
    This is not accurate. BB10 contacts are no less prone to trouble.
    08-15-19 11:30 PM
    Just my 2 cents here. When I originally wanted to import contacts from my (then) Xperia to my Classic, I did this by using my gmail account. At first, it didn't work. In the end, it did.

Of course it's much easier to transfer contacts from one BB10 device to another similar one using Device Switch, although this is something totally different.
    08-17-19 11:27 AM
    If you have an app on your Samsung (or can install one) which will export your Contacts to a csv file, you can save that file in the cloud, and then import it to your Classic using ContactsImEx, a free BB10 app still found in BBW. http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/37102894

Posted with my Classic, SQC100-3/10.3.3.3204
    08-17-19 12:13 PM
    When I transfer between my Passport and Apple or Key two and yes a Classic I use media mushroom click the box for contacts and poof I have them. If you need help just let me know.
    08-17-19 12:49 PM
    I too have just come back to the Classic. My less than year old Note 9 died a horrible death in the jaws of a power recliner. Dig out the old faithful Classic, swapped out the SIM and back in business. Love the Classic. There is something addictive about it.
    bb9900user2018 and Ragbert like this.
    08-26-19 05:46 AM
    I just switched back to my classic after my pixel took a fateful dive under water. I have always said that this phone was way better then the pixel for doing actual phone things and I'm hooked in again. Love the classic for communicating, hate it when I want to take a picture. Ordered a new pixel to arrive next week not sure how quick I will be to change it over...

Posted via CB10
    bb9900user2018 likes this.
    09-01-19 08:20 AM
    Dig out the old faithful Classic, swapped out the SIM and back in business. Love the Classic. There is something addictive about it.
    I feel the same way, that's why I resurrected a second Classic. And now that the Keyone is no longer receiving security updates, our Classics are probably more secure than that device - how crazy is that.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-19 10:46 AM
    The classic is just legendary. The keyboard is incredible, the blackberry hub is incredible, so much better than anything on android. I also dont need a 40 megapixel camera or a sixteen core processor to read/ send email and make phone calls which is about 90 percent of what I do.
    09-01-19 01:23 PM
    I actually went back to my classic after getting a bit bored of my key 2 and I have to admit I forgot how awesome this little phone was. I have whatsapp working on it. Using insta 10. Got all the apps I really need. Going to see how long this experiment lasts lol. But I have to say it's nice having such a small and compact phone that fits so easily in the pocket

Posted via CB10
    dubengeldu likes this.
    09-20-19 03:43 PM
    Iuse it myself. This frigggggggin jellybean core and the securityprotocols. It is still a verygooddevice these cheesy limitations are annoying

Im glad google quit bloatware as firmstrategy in android after maybe nougat. Maybe oreo. 9pi was a major overhaul tenyear anniversary, android10 the refinement

But that noone replaces the jelybean core with an efficient 9pi or 10Q core the nonbloatware apks sux

Its one ofmany devices inthe past and thats the wrong direction for any developer. Andthats the cold hard truth why itwonthappen

Ilove the device.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-19 05:17 PM
    That experiment lasted a day lol. As nostalgic as that was no way in hell could I use this as my daily driver. Back to using my Key 2 silver.
    09-21-19 10:00 AM
    That experiment lasted a day lol. As nostalgic as that was no way in hell could I use this as my daily driver. Back to using my Key 2 silver.
    LMAO - people that can justify using BB10 in 2019 aren’t truly requiring a modern ecosystem. It means either you’re dual carrying or using a laptop, desktop or tablet. I get it when people say they don’t need apps but using BB10 isn’t time effective when even using the browser(s) instead.

Even the apps like CB10 aren’t the same as using modern browser and that’s for CrackBerry use!!!!
    09-21-19 10:19 AM
27 12