I was 52 when I left BB after the Storm and ended up with iPhones. I currently have an iPhone 6. I have drooled for a BB for the last several years and finally got the Classic last Thursday and finally got to setting it up and typing a lot this morning. I feel like "it's" coming back. My dilemma is what to do about the weekly podcasts I download? What about my music? I think I have come to the conclusion to buy and iTouch and have 2 devices. Any suggestions?

Also, as I was browsing this morning I was on the Nascar App trying to watch a video and it said I needed Adobe Flash but I can't get adobe flash with the "stock" browser. I googled and found "Dolphin" was recommended as it accepted Adobe Flash. I then got my iPhone to try to play the same video because I thought they had left Adobe. The video played fine. I need some expert advice. From the little I read here, you all love the OEM browser. What do I do? I'd rather stay "stock."

Any other tips for an older man would be greatly appreciated. LOL, one tip I don't really want to see is "Have you ever heard of the word SEARCH?" I am smiling as I type this....

I'm not stupid, just ignorant.
    07-13-15 11:15 AM
    For flash get the Zeus browser. Made by one of the Ambassadors here. Find it on BBW

For music, i have over 40GB of music on my 128GB card and I have no issues playing music. I move all the folders over using a USB cable and my laptop. I use the native player to create playlists. If your music has DRM from iTunes crap....you'll have to strip that stuff off them.

I don't listen to podcasts but there is an app called TuneIn Radio that I believe has podcasts. You might wanna check out the free trial version and see if that works for ya.
    Gebo likes this.
    07-13-15 11:23 AM
    You can sync your BlackBerry 10 with an ITunes play list through BlackBerry Link. I use Nobex as my podcast player/catcher of choice and is available on BlackBerry World. Zeus browser seems quite popular as an alternative to stock for Flash playing - although I have never used it.

Good luck and be sure to give us an update on your results !

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 11:29 AM
    Thank you! I have another question. Do most of you use a front cover for the screen and/or a case for the rest of the phone? In other words, what, if any, protection do you use for your Classic?
    07-13-15 11:44 AM
    When I got my Classic a few months ago I purchased a case and screen protector right away, as my old 9900 needed it.... after 2 months the case came off, and recently so has the screen protector. I find the back of the Classic great and it's easier to type with no case and the new glass on the Classic, in my opinion, does not need protecting. It is clear, resists fingerprints and has little glare, so for me, it's all about stock!
    07-13-15 12:01 PM
    Thank you! I have another question. Do most of you use a front cover for the screen and/or a case for the rest of the phone? In other words, what, if any, protection do you use for your Classic?
    I use a screen protector and a BlackBerry OEM pouch / sleeve. Great combination. However, the phone is naked when out the pouch / sleeve thus it's needing care there. That aside, I'm happy with what I have.

Posted via CB10 (ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.1.2582)
    07-13-15 12:28 PM
    I was 52 when I left BB after the Storm and ended up with iPhones. I currently have an iPhone 6. I have drooled for a BB for the last several years and finally got the Classic last Thursday and finally got to setting it up and typing a lot this morning. I feel like "it's" coming back. My dilemma is what to do about the weekly podcasts I download? What about my music? I think I have come to the conclusion to buy and iTouch and have 2 devices. Any suggestions?

Also, as I was browsing this morning I was on the Nascar App trying to watch a video and it said I needed Adobe Flash but I can't get adobe flash with the "stock" browser. I googled and found "Dolphin" was recommended as it accepted Adobe Flash. I then got my iPhone to try to play the same video because I thought they had left Adobe. The video played fine. I need some expert advice. From the little I read here, you all love the OEM browser. What do I do? I'd rather stay "stock."

Any other tips for an older man would be greatly appreciated. LOL, one tip I don't really want to see is "Have you ever heard of the word SEARCH?" I am smiling as I type this....

I'm not stupid, just ignorant.
    Try "Nobex" for Podcasts. Free app, lot of different categories for podcasts. Can also listen to local or national radio stations.

For protection, I have a holster-case combo, no screen protector because I still have the clear plastic screen cover that came with the phone on it.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-13-15 01:00 PM
    I'm not even going to start with you your old and past it.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 02:02 PM
    I use a holster. The Seidio spring clip holster. I don't care how it might look attached to my hip. The Classic is small enough that it doesn't stick out awkwardly on my hip. I've seen some S6, Notes, and iPhone 6 Plus' on holsters and it just looks funny. But it's the most convenient for me and frees up a pocket, and I always know whether I have my phone or not. If I need to be fashion conscious or what not, I'll figure out a way to conceal my Classic, whether it's something as simple as sticking it naked in my pocket or clipping the holster and phone to the inside pocket. Obviously on the occasions I am wearing a suit, then my Classic is naked and tucked safely inside the suit pocket.

I have a screen protector on mine. Since it is Gorilla Glass it probably doesn't need it but still, would rather be safe than sorry ☺

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-13-15 02:16 PM
    Older?? LOL... In my day, we had to lasso pterodactyls to ride to school...
    07-13-15 03:48 PM
    Older?? LOL... In my day, we had to lasso pterodactyls to ride to school...
    Sounds way more fun than walking barefoot in 4 inches if snow!
    07-13-15 04:15 PM
    Bpod-podcast manager is also a native podcast app and its pretty good. It does cost $0.99.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 04:23 PM
    I'll second Bpod, its a great podcast player. Amongst other things it has a brilliantly handy sleep timer, the option to stream or download, settings to only stream if you're on Wifi (in case you're on a limited data tariff), and the option to save podcasts to your phone's memory or an SD card.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 04:59 PM
    Further (and I know you didn't ask), but if you want to get much, much better performance out of the Classic's camera, there is a brilliant app called Camera++.

Before I used this the stock camera software took (in my opinion) woefully poor photos. Camera++ is just leagues ahead.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 05:03 PM
    To the OP, you're hardly an older man around here!

Posted via CB10
    07-13-15 05:28 PM
    I didn't know. Just trying to get a little grace from you guys and gals.
    07-13-15 06:57 PM
    I also use BPod; it works well as long as you know how to track down and copy an RSS podcast feed.

GNews Reader works well for articles and blog feeds.

One of the reasons I use BlackBerries is because they can use SD cards. I got loads of music and podcasts on mine--still have half of my 16GB onboard storage left.

I think you should be able to copy your music to your BlackBerry and/or SD card. Mass click-and-drag with BlackBerry Link on my desktop worked. But I don't go anywhere near iTunes so I can't really advise you on that.

Once you get your programmable shortcuts all set up and master all of the shortcuts throughout the OS, everything else will seem so clunky and inefficient.

From a Classic
    07-13-15 08:35 PM
    Sounds way more fun than walking barefoot in 4 inches if snow!
    Up hill both ways!!
    07-13-15 08:37 PM
    You may no longer feel as if you need two devices with the advice given here. If you do still want two devices, why not use your current iPhone as a Wi-Fi only device instead of buying an iPod Touch?
    07-13-15 08:50 PM
    It all depends on how much I can for my iPhone 6 ? Great idea!
    07-13-15 09:03 PM
    Older? I thought I would see that you were 80 or more LOL.
    07-14-15 11:35 PM
    I second the recommendation for Zues Browser for Flash although it sounds like it may not have been a flash issue and more of a user agent issue. If it played on the iphone it couldn't have been flash.

I use Browsie Browser as my default browser now. You can change the "user agent" easily from the side menu. What this does is tell the website you're visiting that you're browsing from an iPhone or an Android. Sometimes things will load with more features that way.

I also use bPod and Nobex. I prefer bPod because I can download the podcast episodes effortlessly to my SD but Nobex is easier for finding podcasts.

Posted via my White Passport
    Gebo likes this.
    07-15-15 12:45 AM
    About flash:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/07/14/tech...efox-facebook/

Posted with my  Classic
    Gebo likes this.
    07-15-15 12:52 AM
    You all have been most gracious to me and have given me Greaat Info! Thank you all! I'm actually surprised how kind and concerned and helpful you are!

I spent about 2 hours yesterday playing around with my new Classic. Would you think I'm crazy if I said my brain and fingers are coming around? I don't do drugs or drink and get plenty of sleep although I still eat too many hot dogs, hamburgers and vienna sausages with vinegar and mustard but it's like my thought processes are having to be reprogrammed from the iPhone to the BB OS. Just this morning as I looked around on my BB, things started making more intuitive sense. Has my brain be "culted" by Apple?

I'm actually starting to get the hang of the BB 10!

2 things that have fooled me. I was using "Bing maps" for my browser and didn't know it. I was choosing it from the top left hand corner of the "9 tile" page. Also, I was sliding over to the "menu" page for different apps and the function I wanted wasn't there. I just realized I had to scroll the menu down. I ASSumed the menu was being displayed from the top down with the first function showing.
    07-15-15 07:14 AM
    You all have been most gracious to me and have given me Greaat Info! Thank you all! I'm actually surprised how kind and concerned and helpful you are!

I spent about 2 hours yesterday playing around with my new Classic. Would you think I'm crazy if I said my brain and fingers are coming around? I don't do drugs or drink and get plenty of sleep although I still eat too many hot dogs, hamburgers and vienna sausages with vinegar and mustard but it's like my thought processes are having to be reprogrammed from the iPhone to the BB OS. Just this morning as I looked around on my BB, things started making more intuitive sense. Has my brain be "culted" by Apple?

I'm actually starting to get the hang of the BB 10!

2 things that have fooled me. I was using "Bing maps" for my browser and didn't know it. I was choosing it from the top left hand corner of the "9 tile" page. Also, I was sliding over to the "menu" page for different apps and the function I wanted wasn't there. I just realized I had to scroll the menu down. I ASSumed the menu was being displayed from the top down with the first function showing.
    Yeah it's a pretty helpful community here. Glad BB10 is starting to feel more natural to you.

Posted with my  Classic
    07-15-15 07:30 AM
27 12