DHabkirk pre-release review is online for two hours now! Doesn't sound that bad! Trackpad lit up and battery size still not save to say!

I so want a 3150mah battery!

The OFFICIAL leaked specs thread.-img_20141015_090545.png

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    10-15-14 02:07 AM
    I was really hoping for a AMOLED screen for killer battery life, I want my classic to be a work horse in that department.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-15-14 02:08 AM
    Leak says it will be 10.2 mm thick, thats thicker then my Z30 which i already find too thick and a full mm thicker then the passport, hopefully its tapered to fit nicely in the hand.
    Ya, I also noticed in one of the pictures that it looks a little thicker than the Z30, which is already considered thick. But, the edges seem to have more cueve to them, so I think they will be very comfortable to hold.
    10-15-14 02:50 AM
    this is dhabkirkdesigns full review of the prototype unit mentioned above

Preview: The BlackBerry Classic
    10-15-14 04:49 AM
    Nice... we're actually getting the Z30 Processor: Dual Core 1.7 GHz.

Posted via Q10
    10-15-14 05:10 AM
    That's it... I'm buying... Go have a look at Dhabkirk's blog! It will be a great device...
    10-15-14 06:18 AM
    Very relieved to hear that it will have z30 specs.
    Also, the 20 hour life sounds good. It also appears to have a replaceable battery. Not a swap in the middle of the day battery, but a swap after a year and then swap when you sell it type of battery.

If I can replace the battery with a screwdriver and 15 minutes, I am happy.
    If it doubles the life of the z10, then I would not need it anyway.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 07:22 AM
    Well at this point we are still not sure on the processor. We have 2 conflicting reports. Dhabkirk has a prototype unit. He didnt say if those specs are from his unit, or what he knows will be in final production.
    10-15-14 08:38 AM
    So I'm wondering whether there will be different models of the Classic at differing price points. Like, a version with Z30 internals, wireless charging, and camera for retail, then a significantly cheaper no-camera version with Z/Q10 internals and lower-end GPU. If true that would explain why there's been conflicting reports on the exact specs. Also, what did BlackBerry do with all those leftover, unsold Z/Q10 internals? It would make sense to use them in a cheaper enterprise device rather than just scrapping and recycling the components.

From a Z30
    10-15-14 08:56 AM
    True we don't know.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 08:58 AM
    I guess it has the lower spec to sway business buyers, but I'd be glad it they had something like this but with Passport level specification.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-15-14 09:29 AM
    I guess it has the lower spec to sway business buyers, but I'd be glad it they had something like this but with Passport level specification.
    New official announcement, 3 versions of the Classic to release simultaneously, one with Q10 internals, one with Z30 internals, and one with Passport internals! Lol, sorry, one can dream... :-)

But if it does come with Z30 internals that would be OK in my book. It'll be enough to hold me off until the Classic 2.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-15-14 09:41 AM
    The q10 was not a standard hdmi out. It's hdmi mini to hdmi. Don't start telling me people happen to just carry those cables around. They don't.

So what's realistically different ?

You carry around a slim port to hdmi adapter instead of an mini hdmi mini to hdmi adapter.

I can understand comparing about the processor and the screen more than this.

Posted via CB10
    I agree completely with this. The HDMI ports on BB10 devices are ghetto. There is a reason why only BlackBerry and no-name companies from China put HDMI ports on phones. The rest of the world moved on to a better solution. Having one Slimport that does everything is a better solution than having two ports to do the same things.

The other specs about the classic are a bit disappointing to me, but the HDMI port going bye-bye is a pro.
    10-15-14 10:25 AM
    Beautiful just god damn beautiful.

someone give this man round of applause.

Totally agree with you... because BB seems to make this the 'next thing' after the Q10... but spec wise? it isn't good... ok we know its a budget phone aimed at business. but like i said in previous posts they could of at-least give us a bit more 'KICK' in specs... 1.5 Dual core nearing 2015? (don't blackberry have enough money anymore?) - Which is not true.... look at the specs of the passport.... they can really push the power.

I don't know about you guys... but it just seems to me they don't care at all about this classic... just make a phone with a toolbelt/trackpad to shut up the fans.

That's the 'VIBE' i'm getting from them.

...........let them jump my a** again, "they just don't get it"
    sure it is better than a 9900 but they give us no choice.
    10-15-14 10:40 AM
    Why nobody makes a one hand phone with 3 gb of ram... I am not a specs guy but extra RAM is needed for serious multitasking. With every new feature they add to BB10, the less available RAM will be.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:42 AM
    I agree completely with this. The HDMI ports on BB10 devices are ghetto. There is a reason why only BlackBerry and no-name companies from China put HDMI ports on phones. The rest of the world moved on to a better solution. Having one Slimport that does everything is a better solution than having two ports to do the same things.

The other specs about the classic are a bit disappointing to me, but the HDMI port going bye-bye is a pro.
    And I disagree, completely.
    The only reason they do that is to SAVE MONEY.

How would you charge and output video at the same time via SlimPort to Standart HDMI?

Brrrrr shocker!

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:46 AM
    Fail Fail and Fail, if this 2012 speced device is more than 299 it will BOMB

Posted via CB10
    Here we go again. /smh

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 10:46 AM
    .......................The Q10, i still recommend as a beautiful and practical device (i wish i could buy a Q10 with a toolbelt! and no, the Classic is not it)..............

You mean RIM/ML should have done this the first time?
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 10-15-14 at 11:20 AM.
    10-15-14 10:49 AM
    And I disagree, completely.
    The only reason they do that is to SAVE MONEY.

How would you charge and output video at the same time via SlimPort to Standart HDMI?

Brrrrr shocker!

Posted via CB10
    Are you joking? Lol

Slimport adapters include a micro USB port on the side for charging the device while it is outputing video.

Maybe you need to learn about slimport some before disagreeing completely with me.
    10-15-14 10:56 AM
    Has Blackberry commented about why.... the material/specs are not to par? we know it's a budget device.... but FFS the specs... well the only problem i have is the CPU 1.5? Ram is good enough.

Give us this BB

at least 1.7Ghz
    Rremove the battery....
    HDMI please..
    Make it feel expensive and not rubber/plastic
    Solid Design/tough Feel

But it's too late now.... seems the specs what we know are now FINALIZED

Do BB honestly think they can sell this in the 400/500 mark?

When it was first announced that the "Classic" was going to be built, I thought it would be a high end device like the 9900/Bold. Then two months ago they announced Foxconn would be doing a version, so I thought that would be the $200 device. Now who know where the "Classic" is being made nor do we know the quality of it. I paid $300 on contract with ATT when the 9900 came out. I expected to pay this amount for a quality upgraded 9900. Now we have semi official specs on the hardware, straight keyboard and missing other features of the 9900 with a down grade LCD screen from the Q10?

Let see what the "official" specs and what the quality of the case, screen and frame/bezel is and if there is another version coming out with better specs and utilities.
    Last edited by Mr4aces; 10-15-14 at 12:16 PM.
    10-15-14 11:06 AM
    Are you joking? Lol

Slimport adapters include a micro USB port on the side for charging the device while it is outputing video.

Maybe you need to learn about slimport some before disagreeing completely with me.
    I still disagree with you, I didn't know about the micro USB on the slimport adapter though. Learned something new today.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:17 AM
    Dude, the slimport also does VGA. It's just better.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 02:27 PM
    I still disagree with you, I didn't know about the micro USB on the slimport adapter though. Learned something new today.

Posted via CB10

Let me google that for you
    10-15-14 02:33 PM
    Does anybody know anything about USB OTG? I am assuming (you know what that gets you) Since it is Z30 internals, it will be included, but I don't recall seeing any mention of it anywhere.
    10-15-14 03:02 PM
    My point being, I already own a Q10 why would I buy the classic and the only difference would be the type of screen, it's size and a toolbelt.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 03:27 PM
116 12345