Fail Fail and Fail, if this 2012 speced device is more than 299 it will BOMB

Posted via CB10
    I would not jump the gun too quick, as BB7 devices have been and still are out selling BB10 devices. I just remember a document that my Verizon business rep sent me and they are going to eol the Blackberry Bold, so those users are going to need an upgrade path. The classic fits the bill, even with "low specs" of the Blackberry Classic with 10.3.1 (no Adobe Air) is better than any BB7 or lower device spec wise.
    10-14-14 08:15 PM
    I am seriously concerned about these (almost official) rumoured specs. This is basically a downgraded Q10 with a belt, the screen is actually a downgrade. If we're going larger to a 3.5" screen from the 3.1" AND KEEPING the the same screen resolution, we are DOWNGRADING on the screen! we are losing clarity and PPI. That coupled with the fact we are now getting an LCD instead of the Q10's AMOLED - this is poor. No removeable battery, no HDMI out. This is very poor.

The only justification for such a move would be to market this thing at a real budegt price, yes budget, not even mid-tier, you cant justify that with such a downgrade. If this device is not sub �350 SIM free BlackBerry can go f**k themselves.

I love my Q10 and I have a Passport too (seelling it though, prefer my Q10), but i am not an ***** nor a fanboy. I was Android for about 5 years before returning back to Blackberry with the Q10, so pleased with what Chen has done here. But this is a disapointment, they cant do this to the Classic.

All, of course, if the rumoured specifications are correct that is. Lets hope we're all wrong. A 960x960 screen would sit very well with this device.

EDIT: just to keep things clear; i am not a spec *****. I could not care less about the latest quadruple octa core in the latest samsung, i know my Q10 runs silky smooth and will run better than the samsung. But i will not be taken as a mug, dont market this device as a successor to the Q10, dont market it as a 'new' device upgrading on the old. This is not an upgrade in any way shape or form and has many DOWNGRADES as compared to its predecessors. This is unjustifiable in my view.
    A good screen Is a mix before size and ppi. The classic is exact ppi as my z30 and it's fine to me. Yes a sharper screen is nicer but the plusses outweigh the minuses

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 08:20 PM
    I am seriously concerned about these (almost official) rumoured specs. This is basically a downgraded Q10 with a belt, the screen is actually a downgrade. If we're going larger to a 3.5" screen from the 3.1" AND KEEPING the the same screen resolution, we are DOWNGRADING on the screen! we are losing clarity and PPI. That coupled with the fact we are now getting an LCD instead of the Q10's AMOLED - this is poor. No removeable battery, no HDMI out. This is very poor.

The only justification for such a move would be to market this thing at a real budegt price, yes budget, not even mid-tier, you cant justify that with such a downgrade. If this device is not sub �350 SIM free BlackBerry can go f**k themselves.

I love my Q10 and I have a Passport too (seelling it though, prefer my Q10), but i am not an ***** nor a fanboy. I was Android for about 5 years before returning back to Blackberry with the Q10, so pleased with what Chen has done here. But this is a disapointment, they cant do this to the Classic.

All, of course, if the rumoured specifications are correct that is. Lets hope we're all wrong. A 960x960 screen would sit very well with this device.

EDIT: just to keep things clear; i am not a spec *****. I could not care less about the latest quadruple octa core in the latest samsung, i know my Q10 runs silky smooth and will run better than the samsung. But i will not be taken as a mug, dont market this device as a successor to the Q10, dont market it as a 'new' device upgrading on the old. This is not an upgrade in any way shape or form and has many DOWNGRADES as compared to its predecessors. This is unjustifiable in my view.
    Beautiful just god damn beautiful.

someone give this man round of applause.

Totally agree with you... because BB seems to make this the 'next thing' after the Q10... but spec wise? it isn't good... ok we know its a budget phone aimed at business. but like i said in previous posts they could of at-least give us a bit more 'KICK' in specs... 1.5 Dual core nearing 2015? (don't blackberry have enough money anymore?) - Which is not true.... look at the specs of the passport.... they can really push the power.

I don't know about you guys... but it just seems to me they don't care at all about this classic... just make a phone with a toolbelt/trackpad to shut up the fans.

That's the 'VIBE' i'm getting from them.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-14-14 08:49 PM
    Beautiful just god damn beautiful.

someone give this man round of a applause.

Totally agree with you... because BB seems to make this the 'next thing' after the Q10... but spec wise? it isn't good... ok we know its a budget phone aimed at business. but like i said in previous posts they could of at-least give us a bit more 'KICK' in specs... 1.5 Dual core nearing 2015? (don't blackberry have enough money anymore?)
    This argument doesn't end. The q10 didn't sell!!! It was an expensive device and nobody wanted it. And you guys just want them to continue with the same strategy? The idea is to sell a decent device at a low cost to push units (specifically bolds and curves). Sorry people were looking to "upgrade" but nobody ever sold it as an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Katika99 likes this.
    10-14-14 08:55 PM
    RHH151LW - Classic SQC100-1 (9600270A)
    RHE151LW - Classic SQC100-2 (9400270A)
    RHF141LW - Classic SQC100-3 (9500270A) - Verizon
    RHG161LW - Classic SQC100-4 (9700270A)
    RHF142LW - Classic SQC100-5 (9C00270A) - VerizonNC (no camera)

Can't remember which was which, but -1, -2 and -4 are ROW, North America and AT&T models.

Posted via CB10
    Is that info from digging into the leak software, or do you have some different info?
    10-14-14 08:55 PM
    178 g for a 3.5" screen is a deal breaker. I sold off the z30 because one handed use was impractical. I skipped the passport because of its size and weight. Looks like this is going to be no different.

Seem like my options for upgrading the current z10 are only in the worlds of ios or android.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:04 PM
    Why nobody makes a one hand phone with 3 gb of ram... I am not a specs guy but extra RAM is needed for serious multitasking. With every new feature they add to BB10, the less available RAM will be.

Posted via CB10
    merli001 and Mr4aces like this.
    10-14-14 09:40 PM
    Is that info from digging into the leak software, or do you have some different info?
    Found the Safety and Product Information booklets as pdfs within 10.3.1.632.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 09:47 PM
    A good screen Is a mix before size and ppi. The classic is exact ppi as my z30 and it's fine to me. Yes a sharper screen is nicer but the plusses outweigh the minuses

Posted via CB10
    What plusses are you talking about exactly?

classic:
    Pro: Toolbelt is back (it should have never left).

Con(s): a downgrade on the screen (compared to the Q10).
    non-removable battery.
    no HDMI out.

Again, im not gonna talk about the specs of the CPU as i know its enough for what it is. But there are some major downgrades to this 'new' product that limit its uses as a productive workhorse.

no STANDARD HDMI out. Really, come on now. Do you know how easy it is to hook up the Q10 with a standard mini HDMI lead? its literally plug and play. non-removeable battery. This is inexcusable and no one in this thread should try to defend this. You can no longer swap out batteries and everyone knows after a heavy user uses their phone for more than 1.5 to 2 years the batteries get weaker and weaker. So now i have to send my Blackberry back to the manufacturer just for a battery replace? Please people, put your 'fanboyism' aside, this should not be acceptable at all. And lastly, as i have already mentioned, the screen IS a DOWNGRADE from the Q10, your Z30 specs are irrelevant, the Q10 is its predecessor, you cant give me something inferior and expect me to be happy about it?
    Mr4aces and LuisCast like this.
    10-14-14 09:51 PM
    This argument doesn't end. The q10 didn't sell!!! It was an expensive device and nobody wanted it. And you guys just want them to continue with the same strategy? The idea is to sell a decent device at a low cost to push units (specifically bolds and curves). Sorry people were looking to "upgrade" but nobody ever sold it as an upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    Like i did say previously, all the Classic's shortcomings can be somewhat forgiven if it is sold and marketed as a budget device. But we all know it wont be, it will be pushed as a mid-high end device and marketed at around $499 or �400. Which is not acceptable. I hope i'm wrong, i really do. I was so hyped up about the Classic, i was touting it out to all my friends after i loved my Q10. I was recommending it to my good freinds. But now after learning all this, i cant genuinely recommend the Classic to anyone. The Q10, i still recommend as a beautiful and practical device (i wish i could buy a Q10 with a toolbelt! and no, the Classic is not it).

I literally do not know how BlackBerry can mess this up so badly. IT WAS SIMPLE. - Take the Q10, bump up the specs a little and add the toolbelt. THAT WAS IT. that was all the people were asking for, all those surveys, the questionnaires, etc..... WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS CHEN!
    Mr4aces and LuisCast like this.
    10-14-14 09:56 PM
    What plusses are you talking about exactly?

classic:
    Pro: Toolbelt is back (it should have never left).

Con(s): a downgrade on the screen (compared to the Q10).
    non-removable battery.
    no HDMI out.

Again, im not gonna talk about the specs of the CPU as i know its enough for what it is. But there are some major downgrades to this 'new' product that limit its uses as a productive workhorse.

no STANDARD HDMI out. Really, come on now. Do you know how easy it is to hook up the Q10 with a standard mini HDMI lead? its literally plug and play. non-removeable battery. This is inexcusable and no one in this thread should try to defend this. You can no longer swap out batteries and everyone knows after a heavy user uses their phone for more than 1.5 to 2 years the batteries get weaker and weaker. So now i have to send my Blackberry back to the manufacturer just for a battery replace? Please people, put your 'fanboyism' aside, this should not be acceptable at all. And lastly, as i have already mentioned, the screen IS a DOWNGRADE from the Q10, your Z30 specs are irrelevant, the Q10 is its predecessor, you cant give me something inferior and expect me to be happy about it?
    The q10 was not a standard hdmi out. It's hdmi mini to hdmi. Don't start telling me people happen to just carry those cables around. They don't.

So what's realistically different ?

You carry around a slim port to hdmi adapter instead of an mini hdmi mini to hdmi adapter.

I can understand comparing about the processor and the screen more than this.

Posted via CB10
    Witmen and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    10-14-14 10:01 PM
    Like i did say previously, all the Classic's shortcomings can be somewhat forgiven if it is sold and marketed as a budget device. But we all know it wont be, it will be pushed as a mid-high end device and marketed at around $499 or �400. Which is not acceptable. I hope i'm wrong, i really do. I was so hyped up about the Classic, i was touting it out to all my friends after i loved my Q10. I was recommending it to my good freinds. But now after learning all this, i cant genuinely recommend the Classic to anyone. The Q10, i still recommend as a beautiful and practical device (i wish i could buy a Q10 with a toolbelt! and no, the Classic is not it).

I literally do not know how BlackBerry can mess this up so badly. IT WAS SIMPLE. - Take the Q10, bump up the specs a little and add the toolbelt. THAT WAS IT. that was all the people were asking for, all those surveys, the questionnaires, etc..... WHY HAVE YOU DONE THIS CHEN!
    Because that wouldn't have sold well either. If he wants to push units he has to make it reasonably priced. I agree with you on the price. So let's see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 10:03 PM

I don't know about you guys... but it just seems to me they don't care at all about this classic... just make a phone with a toolbelt/trackpad to shut up the fans.

That's the 'VIBE' i'm getting from them.
    You know i would be happy if all they did was just that. But they didnt, they took the Q10, added the toolbelt and then removed a host of practical features and downgraded the screen.

Nice job BB.
    Last edited by all-four-inches; 10-15-14 at 01:45 AM.
    10-14-14 10:05 PM
    The q10 was not a standard hdmi out. It's hdmi mini to hdmi. Don't start telling me people happen to just carry those cables around. They don't.

So what's realistically different ?

You carry around a slim port to hdmi adapter instead of an mini hdmi mini to hdmi adapter.

I can understand comparing about the processor and the screen more than this.

Posted via CB10
    As i did state a mini HDMI cable, i didnt mention a standard one?

the difference is, the mini HDMI is far more common and 'standard' and easier to obtain. Its everywhere where i work.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-14-14 10:07 PM
    Because that wouldn't have sold well either. If he wants to push units he has to make it reasonably priced. I agree with you on the price. So let's see what happens.

Posted via CB10
    lol so if it wouldnt have sold well anyway, they go ahead and decide to bring out an inferior product to sell more? or are you trying to say they went real budget here so they can sell it for a budget price. I hope thats true, i doubt it is, but we can dream.

i really do hope im wrong...
    10-14-14 10:09 PM

thank you for all that....clearly phone was not meant for you...--> let me interest you in these candy bar clones over here...
    10-14-14 10:15 PM
    thank you for all that....clearly phone was not meant for you...--> let me interest you in these candy bar clones over here...
    oh so the Classic wasnt aimed at people who wanted the toolbelt back? it wasnt aimed at people who loved the Q10? it wasnt aimed at legacy BlackBerry users who wanted to move into BBOS10? it wasnt aimed at people who actually use their phone for work and being productive?

ok m8, wanna refer me to to those sammy's and iPhones now?
    Mr4aces and flyingsolid like this.
    10-14-14 10:25 PM
    For me these specs are good news. I don't have a lot of money so I am hoping that the BlackBerry Classic will less expensive. I also like that the screen is larger and it has a more standard qwerty keyboard. Overall this phone is a good combination for me. I am hopeful for a low price!

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock likes this.
    10-14-14 11:55 PM
    Has Blackberry commented about why.... the material/specs are not to par? we know it's a budget device.... but FFS the specs... well the only problem i have is the CPU 1.5? Ram is good enough.

Give us this BB

at least 1.7Ghz
    Rremove the battery....
    HDMI please..
    Make it feel expensive and not rubber/plastic
    Solid Design/tough Feel

But it's too late now.... seems the specs what we know are now FINALIZED

Do BB honestly think they can sell this in the 400/500 mark?
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-15-14 12:38 AM
    The iphone 6 has 1.4 gz dual core processor and 1gb of ram. It will perform like a beast. The classic will have a 1.5gz dual core with 2 gb of ram and so will it.

I don't care if you guys don't want to upgrade but enough with the "I only care about specs". We're blackberry fans for God's sake. We always argued function over over form, and all of a sudden we are spec hounds?

Get the classic because of the toolbelt and a bigger screen on a qwerty. Otherwise enough venting about the specs. 1.7 gz wouldn't make any realistic difference on a 3.5 inch screen.

Posted via CB10
    Their SoC isn't also two years old. The A8 has many more advantages than just clock speed, it's about the architecture and efficiency.

The MSM8960 is archaic compared to the A8. It needs to die a slow painful death.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-15-14 12:48 AM
    With a device like this changing so rapidly, I would wait for official specs before determining everything on the Classic.

One interesting thing to note is that 10.3.0.700 had the Classic using the MSM8960, while 10.3.1.632 (very recent build) has it using the MSM8960AB. I believe the SOC is directly swappable so it wasn't very difficult to make this change without a ton of testing.

Another addition is the non-camera Verizon model. These are obviously changes that prototypes out there don't reflect similar to the cosmetic changes we've been seeing. I'm betting the production model will be closer to what N4BB leaked, but with the 1.7GHz S4 Pro / Adreno 320 GPU instead.
    10-15-14 01:05 AM
    With a device like this changing so rapidly, I would wait for official specs before determining everything on the Classic.

One interesting thing to note is that 10.3.0.700 had the Classic using the MSM8960, while 10.3.1.632 (very recent build) has it using the MSM8960AB. I believe the SOC is directly swappable so it wasn't very difficult to make this change without a ton of testing.

Another addition is the non-camera Verizon model. These are obviously changes that prototypes out there don't reflect similar to the cosmetic changes we've been seeing. I'm betting the production model will be closer to what N4BB leaked, but with the 1.7GHz S4 Pro / Adreno 320 GPU instead.
    So the latest OS build is pointing to the Z30 specs then? I hope so. The CPU might only be slightly faster, but it definitely has a better GPU than the Q10/Z10, so that might make a difference in how smoothly it works and how well some games run... Yes, tools not toys, but I love Real Racing 3 ok? Geez, get off my back, lol.

I want to ask though, I read that certain variants are said to support Qi wireless charging? Is this true? And also, is there a version that will work on AT&T and have Qi wireless charging? I would gladly buy that outright unlocked if there is one...
    10-15-14 01:17 AM

Hear, hear. We don't ask for much, just a little resolution love. It's all about working with content - "work wide", right?
    10-15-14 01:32 AM
    Q10 is not expensive right now, in my country i can buy new Q10 (sealed) for about 200 GBP with vat (23%) so its not bad. But remember that android apps not runnig on Q10 so smoothly as with Passport. Slightly better CPU is what classic need to make many Z10 and Q10 users push to upgrade their phones. I like passport but its too big to use with one hand. I was 100% client for classic but now im confused...

Posted via CB10
    bb1010 likes this.
    10-15-14 01:33 AM
    So the latest OS build is pointing to the Z30 specs then? I hope so. The CPU might only be slightly faster, but it definitely has a better GPU than the Q10/Z10, so that might make a difference in how smoothly it works and how well some games run... Yes, tools not toys, but I love Real Racing 3 ok? Geez, get off my back, lol.
    I hope so! I don't game much on my phones but Real Racing 3 is probably the best game I ever played (car nut here).

I want to ask though, I read that certain variants are said to support Qi wireless charging? Is this true? And also, is there a version that will work on AT&T and have Qi wireless charging? I would gladly buy that outright unlocked if there is one...
    This might be accurate from the N4BB spec sheet. I think thurask confirmed that the SQC100-3 was the Verizon version, and apparently the SQC100-2 is the other model that supports Qi. The only other options are the North American, AT&T, or Rest of World model. Judging by how Verizon was the only one to use Qi for the Z30, that seems to follow past trends.
    Mr4aces likes this.
    10-15-14 01:47 AM
116 1234 ...