Got my near-mint for $50 from eBay a couple days ago, and DAMN this is a fine phone! Instead of focusing on what does NOT work, I'm impressed by what still DOES: Email, Maps, SMS, OneDrive photo sync, TuneIn radio, Twitter, Reddit in Motion, WhatsApp (for a few months anyway) and LinkedIn kinda. I'm set, and it feels good in hand/pocket (not to mention the keyboard of course). Had a Q10 before for a while. The icing on the cake is putting it in my solid qi charger at night, and getting a full day's battery the next day.
    rayporsche likes this.
    08-23-17 08:15 PM
    I got mine a day ago. ordered from ebay and got it for 130 euros. it didn't state that it's vodaphone unlocked, but based on few things I think it is

so far, I like the Form factor and toolbelt. it's taking time to get used to. no touch sensitive keyboard so after passport, PRIV and KEYone, that's one thing I miss.

is there a thread with all the tweaks and tricks for classic?
    11-01-17 05:21 PM
    Is it ok to still post here?
    Got mine 3 days ago. Going as minimal as possible.
    11-10-17 12:41 PM
    Is it ok to still post here?
    Got mine 3 days ago. Going as minimal as possible.
    Sure. Kinda quiet here but still not last call yet. Soon, but not yet...
    11-10-17 12:46 PM
    Love my BB Classic. My family thinks I'm weird but I don't care.
    11-13-17 04:05 PM
    Got mine yesterday. Feels so weird after coming from iPhone SE but reminds me of my Bold 9900 days. Need to learn how to get the play store on it and get some decent apps. Should be an interesting change. Ordered myself a Blackberry leather sleeve to protect it. The trackpad seems smaller than on the Bold but it’s nice.
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-24-17 01:29 PM
    11-24-17 03:11 PM
    Hey!

I just got my Classic today! It was bought for £33 on eBay UK, sold as "used" but is ABSOLUTELY MINT, in fact, FACTORY condition - it even had the protective film seal over the rear camera still - not a SINGLE sign of use, not even grease, dust, not the tiniest of scratches - NADA!

So, not a bad grab for a mere £33 - it's been a good week - got a 9900 (unlocked and with factory protective films) in the same UNUSED condition, earlier in the week, for... £19.99 and FREE postage!

Yipeee!

Oh, now I see I have to pay someone £X amount for a UK Vodafone unlock code... unless someone wants to trade the unlock code for a free video documenting the unlock and advertising their services on my YouTube channel?:

http://youtube.com/unlokia

Thanks folks
    That's a good buy, congrats! Got mine for 50 few months back (with a flimsy damaged miniusb...oh well) Unlock: got one from ebay, mobilecare2010 (no affil, there's plenty of others to choose from).
    Last edited by bbrotestant; 01-07-18 at 06:25 AM.
    01-06-18 12:24 PM
    Loving battery life, the 'serious' 2015 look - and the looks i'm getting :-)
    Finally managed to get cobalt's google account on yesterday, so now off to Google play to get apps and a bit of patching here and there.
    johnb_xp likes this.
    01-06-18 01:17 PM
    I'm eyeing the Classic and hoping to pick one up. I have a Q10, but the sim card tray got all messed up- figuring a new phone is cheaper than a repair, and the Q10 was a bit small.
    03-23-18 08:04 AM
    Finally got my hands on a Classic.
    Have been away from BlackBerry for a while after replacing my broken 9900 with a Lumia 1020 nearly 2 years ago.
    Previously owned a Z10, Q10 and even a Q5 but this Classic just feels perfect in the hand.
    The prices these can be picked up for are amazing, I grabbed mine from ebay for only £35 delivered!

Powered by BB10
    JohnKobeck likes this.
    05-05-18 07:57 AM
    After using iPhones for the last 7 years I finally went back to BB and purchased a new Classic on Amazon for $179.00. I also sold my iPhone 6 for about the same so the BB was free. I was going to get the Bold since that was my last BB but thought I would be better off with the latest OS10 phone and went with the Classic. I am using it 2 days now and really loving it. Its amazing how fast the keyboard all came back to me. I feel like its 2008 again. Its like I never left. Feels very good. The only thing I am having a bit of a struggle with is the menus. It seems like the HUB is sometimes hard to get to. I don't remember the bold having that issue. I thought the older BB like the Bold went right into the Hub when you woke the phone up. But I'm sure I will get used to it. I am Never ever going back to Apple. If I eventually have to upgrade (I guess I will eventually) I will just go to the Android BB. No more touch screens......

Oh and yesterday on the first day with the phone I dropped it on the cement floor and nicked up the lower right edge metal strip.right where it meets the glass But no damage to the glass so Its all good. If that were the iPhone the glass would surely have cracked
    05-10-18 09:45 PM
    After using iPhones for the last 7 years I finally went back to BB and purchased a new Classic on Amazon for $179.00. I also sold my iPhone 6 for about the same so the BB was free. I was going to get the Bold since that was my last BB but thought I would be better off with the latest OS10 phone and went with the Classic. I am using it 2 days now and really loving it. Its amazing how fast the keyboard all came back to me. I feel like its 2008 again. Its like I never left. Feels very good. The only thing I am having a bit of a struggle with is the menus. It seems like the HUB is sometimes hard to get to. I don't remember the bold having that issue. I thought the older BB like the Bold went right into the Hub when you woke the phone up. But I'm sure I will get used to it. I am Never ever going back to Apple. If I eventually have to upgrade (I guess I will eventually) I will just go to the Android BB. No more touch screens......

Oh and yesterday on the first day with the phone I dropped it on the cement floor and nicked up the lower right edge metal strip.right where it meets the glass But no damage to the glass so Its all good. If that were the iPhone the glass would surely have cracked
    You’re correct. There’s a difference from BBOS to BB10.
    05-11-18 06:16 AM
    I picked up a used Classic and absolutely love it. I'm an old school phone user and only use phones for texting, calling, music, photos and navigation so the Classic is perfect for me as I love the physical keyboard and don't use any apps whatsoever. I also find the camera to be exceptional.
    I originally purchased a sqc100-3 but was fortunate to come across a sqc100-4 board and did surgery on the phone to swap the boards...definitely not for the faint of heart. Phone is perfect now paired with my T-Mobile US carrier.
    05-22-18 12:12 PM
    I recently purchased my BlackBerry Classic for 30 bucks used off of ebay. It works great, though it took me a while to configure it to work properly with blackberry link.

My first blackberry was my Priv I purchased in 2016. Lately I have really been learning how to utilize th blackberry hub and use these devices for productivity. I am really loving it. I got a blackbery bold off ebay some months ago in an attempt to get a backup phone to simplify life a bit and get away from all the smartphone stuff while still being able to email and text.

I really enjoyed the bold, but I couldn't properly configure my email on it because it was too outdated and while blackberry maps worked, it was pretty outdated as well. I was eyeing the classic as a natural upgrade.

My baby boy got a hold of my bold and destroyed the keyboardan so I happily upgraded to the classic.

For a few days I am using the classic as my main phone after losing my Sim card case down the sink for my Priv, but in general I will use this for its keyboard and GPS. I also think the hub is very useful, but the Priv's Hub I think is even better. I will find use for this, especially since the GPS is screwy on my Priv. May look to fully upgrade to Keyone ot Key2 in the future.
    05-30-18 10:23 AM
    I got mine around 9 this morning. I'm loving it, matter of fact I'm typing this message on it. I'm going to use it as a life management device. I don't need games and all the latest social apps. I have played around with FB and youtube and it was good enough. Pretty good deal for only $35 shipped.

Official I Got My Classic Thread!-classic.pngClick image for larger version. 

Name:	classic.PNG 
Views:	4 
Size:	578.0 KB 
ID:	436921
    Last edited by Mikey Compute; 06-14-18 at 11:56 AM.
    bagnet2010 likes this.
    06-14-18 11:21 AM
    I recently purchased my BlackBerry Classic for 30 bucks used off of ebay. It works great, though it took me a while to configure it to work properly with blackberry link.

My first blackberry was my Priv I purchased in 2016. Lately I have really been learning how to utilize th blackberry hub and use these devices for productivity. I am really loving it. I got a blackbery bold off ebay some months ago in an attempt to get a backup phone to simplify life a bit and get away from all the smartphone stuff while still being able to email and text.

I really enjoyed the bold, but I couldn't properly configure my email on it because it was too outdated and while blackberry maps worked, it was pretty outdated as well. I was eyeing the classic as a natural upgrade.

My baby boy got a hold of my bold and destroyed the keyboardan so I happily upgraded to the classic.

For a few days I am using the classic as my main phone after losing my Sim card case down the sink for my Priv, but in general I will use this for its keyboard and GPS. I also think the hub is very useful, but the Priv's Hub I think is even better. I will find use for this, especially since the GPS is screwy on my Priv. May look to fully upgrade to Keyone ot Key2 in the future.
    Hi! I would like to use my classic's gps as well, but I could not find a decent app for it. :/ could you help me, please? What do you use for navigation? The factroy app is a mess, wouldn't start navigation, navfree and maps.me is not accurate enough, they are always several streets away from my actual position.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-18 12:35 PM
    I just used the stock map and it was pretty good. Is the paid Google maps in the store any good? I'm going on a trip tomorrow and I will text it out on the road. I will have backup phone with me too.
    06-14-18 05:43 PM
    Hi! I would like to use my classic's gps as well, but I could not find a decent app for it. :/ could you help me, please? What do you use for navigation? The factroy app is a mess, wouldn't start navigation, navfree and maps.me is not accurate enough, they are always several streets away from my actual position.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, the blackberry maps app, the preinstalled one, it works great for me. I have little complaint. You might have to fiddle with it to get it to work, I had a Blackberry Bold with an older version so I came to it already knowing the gist of how it works. I wouldn't depend on it to find landmarks and gas stations and what not, but plugin an address and find the option to navigate to there, and it works just like an old school Nuvi or Tom Tom. I understand it is Tom Tom maps so it is still updated. I like it.

Since Blackberry World stinks, it is really the best option if you are like me and don't want to download google play stuff where devs never intended distribution of apps outside the play store.
    06-19-18 10:18 AM
    Just used the map app today, switched my Sim card into the phone and it worked perfectly, and it still gives traffic warnings and such.
    06-19-18 06:32 PM
    Hey all. Picked up a classic at a bargain price! Setting it up as we speak. I've got an iPhone but am coming from a Bold 9900 that I used a few years ago.

Does anyone know of a BB10 app that will keep the LED notifications blinking for longer? I've heard of BeBuzz but can't find it on the BB store on the phone (am I searching incorrectly?)

Any other ideas? Thanks.
    06-26-18 06:41 PM
    Howdy, I'm a high school student from the Chicago area. I grew up with BlackBerry phones, and I have a burning passion for the physical keyboard. Just got my Classic, used from ebay. Worked the guy down from $50 to $35, unbeatable negotiator! Looks great, can't wait to try it out and hopefully swap with my S7 Edge as my daily driver.
    Sporkguy3 and RuFuS_PT like this.
    07-05-18 12:31 PM
    Hey, man! Hope you're enjoying the Classic. I would want to get one soon and I just want to know if my use cases (text messages/phone calls/emails/ music playback) would be good for the classic? And also would want to know how good or bad is the battery life?
    08-07-18 10:21 AM
    I have got my brand new BlackBerry Classic ten days ago and been enjoying it so far.

Posted via CB10
    08-28-18 12:30 AM
    Bought mine second hand two weeks ago -simplified my life and escaped Android
    JohnKobeck likes this.
    09-23-18 01:39 PM
386 ... 1112131415 ...