Guys! Just got mine today... I am a BlackBerry user back then in 2008 then move to android and then to iphone. For quite sometimes. But I miss the sensation of using qwerty keyboard. Here I am again with my new BlackBerry classics.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-18 11:52 AM
    So here we are after never thinking I'd care much about BB or move from the latest and greatest, I finally got tired of the attention sinkhole and money pit that are modern smartphones and wanted something "new" but simple with a few key features. And honestly, I've always been a bit jealous of physical qwerty since I'm garbage at typing on smart touch screens.
    So, after a frustrating few months with a TOO basic flip, then an older 9780 that couldn't get on Tmobiles 4G so calls were awful, after getting Classic and dealing with blue light reboot-reset issue (which this community was where I thankfully found the solution), here I am. Happy as a clam and I hope I can have a phone like this as long as it's usable and practical for my needs.

I am now "one of you"

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Volker Lutz; 10-09-18 at 08:20 PM.
    JohnKobeck likes this.
    10-08-18 08:53 PM
    Hey all. Picked up a classic at a bargain price! Setting it up as we speak. I've got an iPhone but am coming from a Bold 9900 that I used a few years ago.

Does anyone know of a BB10 app that will keep the LED notifications blinking for longer? I've heard of BeBuzz but can't find it on the BB store on the phone (am I searching incorrectly?)

Any other ideas? Thanks.
    BeBuzz was a paid app. When BlackBerry took down the payment mechanism, all the paid apps went away unless you had already bought it. Some were resubmitted as free apps, but not this one.

You would have to get someone to copy the app off their phone and send it to you. I have it but don't have any software installed on my computer for copying it.
    10-12-18 11:59 AM
    Someone mentioned the Hub being harder to get to than on the Bold, all you have to do is hit the end call button and swipe to the left on the trackpad.
    10-12-18 12:02 PM
    You would have to get someone to copy the app off their phone and send it to you.
    Cannot be done. The .bar would have to be obtained directly from the developer if possible. The app Unmissable (BBW free now) will do this but only for missed calls and missed texts. Still handy though!
    10-12-18 12:10 PM
    Just goy my Classic today. A $50 score off EBay and the phone is flawless.
    Set up was challenging compared to today’s phones but it’s a Blackberry Classic not current technology. I’ve rocked a KeyOne for the past few months but still wanted a Q20. Takes me back to my 7290 w/pull-up antenna Nextel days only better. I wanted something simple, no frills, talk, text, email. With my K1 I find myself wasting time on FB or Twitter. The Classic will be my daily driver until it croaks. I have a 2009 model Motorola Razor v9m I started to use but remembered the 14 key punches to get an “s”.
    Verizon was willing to activate it but I wised up and got the Q20 instead. Love this Blackberry!
    JohnKobeck likes this.
    10-15-18 05:52 PM
    Just goy my Classic today. A $50 score off EBay and the phone is flawless.
    Set up was challenging compared to today’s phones but it’s a Blackberry Classic not current technology. I’ve rocked a KeyOne for the past few months but still wanted a Q20. Takes me back to my 7290 w/pull-up antenna Nextel days only better. I wanted something simple, no frills, talk, text, email. With my K1 I find myself wasting time on FB or Twitter. The Classic will be my daily driver until it croaks. I have a 2009 model Motorola Razor v9m I started to use but remembered the 14 key punches to get an “s”.
    Verizon was willing to activate it but I wised up and got the Q20 instead. Love this Blackberry!
    Wow, what a steal!
    RonW3 likes this.
    10-15-18 09:03 PM
    A little late but I got my Classic two months ago and I adore this thing, the look, the feel, the OS. Just a pity BB couldn't get BB10 to be a commercial success. I use my Classic to for communications e.g., phone calls, txts, emails and browsing as well as a few work related apps that work fine.
    DWonder likes this.
    11-18-18 11:26 AM
    A little late but I got my Classic two months ago and I adore this thing, the look, the feel, the OS. Just a pity BB couldn't get BB10 to be a commercial success. I use my Classic to for communications e.g., phone calls, txts, emails and browsing as well as a few work related apps that work fine.
    Couldn't resist picking up another one, for £15 I couldn't be happier..
    Attached Thumbnails Official I Got My Classic Thread!-12236.jpg  
    DWonder and excollier like this.
    11-18-18 03:06 PM
    From the Nokia E6 to the Classic, huge step forward, impressive device, I'm very excited!
    Last edited by e6classic; 12-21-18 at 08:43 PM.
    12-20-18 09:51 PM
    I forgot to post the picture. Official I Got My Classic Thread!-img_20181205_183901.jpeg
    12-21-18 09:40 PM
    Another one with a Classic...what a "ferrari"...

Moved from a Priv...what a difference to better!!!
    12-22-18 01:13 PM
    How is the performance of classic with 2gb ram?

Is the performance comparable with passport?

I'm planning to get one as I feel almost all android phones are very slippery and I don't like typing on a glass?

Please suggest
    12-25-18 03:30 PM
    Response please?
    12-26-18 01:35 PM
    How is the performance of classic with 2gb ram?

Is the performance comparable with passport?

I'm planning to get one as I feel almost all android phones are very slippery and I don't like typing on a glass?

Please suggest
    It's not about the ram amount. It's the cpu that will be weaker. What are your needs?

Posted via CB10
    12-27-18 03:33 AM
    I have the classic mainly because of the keyboard and the size which i love, any of you guys move from the classic to another bb, meaning a newer bb phone? Want something newer and faster vs the bb classic which is kind of slow with all my info stored on it, and annoying that my contacts don't sync properly. But want the same size and not a full fledged smartphone like any android. yes the keyOne and the others are an option, waiting for bb to release a phone like the SE and have all the functionality like a regular bb and a semi smartphone running the google play store..
    04-14-19 01:53 AM
    I just ordered a Classic on Friday as a backup phone and should be getting it on Tuesday. I’ve been using iPhone for the past 2 years or so but miss blackberry so much (I had nothing but blackberries between 2007-2016). I only just found out about EOL for BBworld a couple weeks ago and it’s so sad to see the end of an era.

I plan on only using the classic for a month as an experiment and see how I feel about BB10 after being on iOS for so long. I’m gonna load as many native apps as possible and ride the wave til it dies.

Can’t wait to use the sexy keyboard again!
    elfabio80 likes this.
    07-07-19 10:19 PM
    I just ordered a Classic on Friday as a backup phone and should be getting it on Tuesday. I’ve been using iPhone for the past 2 years or so but miss blackberry so much (I had nothing but blackberries between 2007-2016). I only just found out about EOL for BBworld a couple weeks ago and it’s so sad to see the end of an era.

I plan on only using the classic for a month as an experiment and see how I feel about BB10 after being on iOS for so long. I’m gonna load as many native apps as possible and ride the wave til it dies.

Can’t wait to use the sexy keyboard again!
    Well, I hope you didnt pay too much for it.
    Think of the Classic as a device that sits in an awkward spot between a dumb phone and a full smartphone.
    Except, with time, it gravitates closer to the dumb phone and further away from a smartphone.

A real upgrade would be a KEY2 LE
    07-07-19 10:48 PM
    Well, I hope you didnt pay too much for it.
    Think of the Classic as a device that sits in an awkward spot between a dumb phone and a full smartphone.
    Except, with time, it gravitates closer to the dumb phone and further away from a smartphone.

A real upgrade would be a KEY2 LE
    I paid $30 so good deal for me.

Also, you say this like I haven’t used a bb before lol

ETA: also I’ve used droidberry before and not impressed, mostly cause I hate android.
    07-07-19 11:16 PM
    I paid $30 so good deal for me.

Also, you say this like I haven’t used a bb before lol

ETA: also I’ve used droidberry before and not impressed, mostly cause I hate android.
    Lol there are some here who fiercely despise Android... And it's basically the same with me and iOS.

You could always de-Google a DroidBerry to your liking, by say not adding a Google account once all ur apps are downloaded, disabling Google apps etc etc.
    I'd even rather deal with all that rather than BB10's ancient 4.3 runtime and slow hardware.

But for $30, can't complain
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-08-19 02:22 AM
    Lol there are some here who fiercely despise Android... And it's basically the same with me and iOS.

You could always de-Google a DroidBerry to your liking, by say not adding a Google account once all ur apps are downloaded, disabling Google apps etc etc.
    I'd even rather deal with all that rather than BB10's ancient 4.3 runtime and slow hardware.

But for $30, can't complain
    Tbh my beef isn’t even with google, it’s just the interface and bugginess of Android that gets to me. I mean I’ve even had some higher end ones (went for a note 8 once) and found myself having to constantly restart it just to get it unstuck. And I’m not out here getting viruses or anything, it’s just time and probably bad luck that always makes my droids bug out. I’m happy with iOS for taking care of all my social media needs and accessing all the current apps, and my device has a great camera. Only had to hard reset my iPhone maybe once since I’ve had it.

What I really want with the Classic is to unplug for a bit and maybe not be on my phone so much. Maybe relive a bit of the nostalgia. I’ll mostly be using it for writing and not much more. Though I’ll prolly fiddle around with it to get google services working and sideload a few essential apps to keep it useful. Dumb phone for a dummy :P
    07-08-19 08:13 AM
    Tbh my beef isn’t even with google, it’s just the interface and bugginess of Android that gets to me. I mean I’ve even had some higher end ones (went for a note 8 once) and found myself having to constantly restart it just to get it unstuck. And I’m not out here getting viruses or anything, it’s just time and probably bad luck that always makes my droids bug out. I’m happy with iOS for taking care of all my social media needs and accessing all the current apps, and my device has a great camera. Only had to hard reset my iPhone maybe once since I’ve had it.

What I really want with the Classic is to unplug for a bit and maybe not be on my phone so much. Maybe relive a bit of the nostalgia. I’ll mostly be using it for writing and not much more. Though I’ll prolly fiddle around with it to get google services working and sideload a few essential apps to keep it useful. Dumb phone for a dummy :P
    Well, yeah the Classic makes a great detox phone because it does have more functionality than a feature phone.
    I just wish the battery life was a bit better when using Android apps like WhatsApp for example, but oh well..
    07-08-19 08:24 AM
    Just picked up a Classic, £26 off ebay in absolute mint condition as a backup for my K1BE.
    What a lovely bit of kit, it works flawlessly for calls, emails, Whatsapp and SMS. If only there was a modern phone in this form factor, that just did the basics well without the app overload.
    07-13-19 06:13 AM
    Just picked up a Classic, £26 off ebay in absolute mint condition as a backup for my K1BE.
    What a lovely bit of kit, it works flawlessly for calls, emails, Whatsapp and SMS. If only there was a modern phone in this form factor, that just did the basics well without the app overload.
    It’s a great little phone and one I still use occasionally, well done on the price..
    07-14-19 02:46 AM
    At that price, can't complain!
    07-14-19 09:03 AM
386 ... 1213141516