How does the Classic camera compare to the Q10?
    03-26-16 02:10 PM
    My updated Q5 started dropping calls if a text or email arrived. It was time to make the switch.
    I tried a Passport but it was way too big for my elf hands. The classic fits me perfectly! Excited to get re-used to the trackpad and back button. Its like coming home again!
    03-30-16 09:52 PM
    I'm late to the Classic party, but I just picked up a blue Classic as a backup for my Priv. This is one pretty phone!
    04-01-16 09:32 AM
    your blackberry classic looks so great! wish i had one as well. Jelly ;P
    04-06-16 01:04 AM
    Got mine couple days ago. It's an absolute riot. Been wanting one since BB7 bold days but everyone was like "noooo, you're gonna regret it." love it over my iPhone 6+ and love I can finally use it w/ one hand! Also, typing is such a bliss on the Classic and I'm glad I waited until Blackberry fixed the double typing issue. Love it here

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    04-13-16 11:17 AM
    I have iPhone 6 but I want to get the Classic as well. I am in Canada and I noticed the prices on shop blackberry Canada were less than current price $499. So, I am wondering when can I expect offers or price drops? What was the latest offer on shop blackberry for the classic?
    I really wish blackberry continues with BB OS as I really don't like android even if it's coming from blackberry (PRIV)
    Thanks
    04-21-16 08:51 PM
    After sporting a BB Torch 9810 for almost four years it came time to get a new BB. My cell phone provider was discontinuing the Classic and to not miss out on the promotion (got it for ~$50) I picked one up even though I didn't need it. It's now been about seven weeks since I got my Classic.

The 9810 was my first smartphone. All phones prior to it were candy bar or flip phones. It took me about a week or two to get used to OS7. Just so you know my 9810 still works perfectly. The slider works great, all keys and trackpad work great. Never had a single hardware issue with the 9810.

I can't think of another phone which has the versatility of the 9810.
    These are such great phones and here's why I believe it to be so:

-one handed operation
    -full touch screen use with the awesome trackpad AND physical phone call/end buttons
    -lock and mute/pause keys located on top of the phone (very easy and handy to use when holstered on your side)
    -lock and mute/pause keys are one handed operation (not necessarily so on the Classic)
    -shortcut key (I set it for camera)
    -volume up/down key without a smaller interfering mute key in-between
    -decent size screen yet very pocketable
    -loud speaker/speakerphone
    -very good screen resolution and well lit in the outdoors
    -decent camera
    -decent video camera
    -fast enough chipset to run OS7
    -removable battery

And the not so good:
    -physical keyboard (PKB) is small and a bit tight but still very usable even when wearing gloves!

From a hardware point of view the 9810 is simply one of the best phones ever made. People will always compare it's keyboard to the 9900 and sure the 9900's is far better.....but, the 9900 doesn't have a soft keyboard or a 'large' screen.

As my daily driver for almost four years I would say that I used the 9810 approximately 95% closed. However it would not be an accurate statement to say that I used it as a touch-only device 95% of the time since the 9810 has the toolbelt along the bottom.

Making or returning phone calls on the 9810 was pure joy. So easy to do and all one handed.

The 9810's PKB came out when I needed to type a long e-mail and required the accuracy or when it was cold outside and I didn't feel like taking my gloves off!

On cooler days when I was wearing gloves and needed to use my phone I would pull out my 9810 (slider was always closed) and without hesitation make/answer a call or check e-mail or check the internet or whatever. As I'm using my phone, while keeping my gloves on, I would look about to see other people freezing their fingertips while using their so called "smart" phones. Not so smart when you are required to remove your gloves.....and don't even think about those gloves that have capacitive material on the fingertips...they don't work very well and can’t compare to a trackpad/PKB. The colder it got the harder these "smart" phone users would be pressing onto their glass slabs.
    If I needed to type something I just slid the hidden keyboard into sight. So sweet!

This is the one thing that I believe should be the true test of the BB Classic....I call it the "Glove Test". The Classic DOES NOT have a soft keyboard and as such can be viewed as a physical keyboard type phone. Great....so let’s try the “Glove Test”.

Put on a pair of gloves (simple thin ones, not mittens or ski gloves) and see how well you can use the Classic. Well I've tried it and let me tell you what a PITA it is. Navigating into the Hub is horrible. It can be done but such a pain. BB10 was gesture based and the Classic falls short. Big time. I do realize that phone hardware is always complimented by it’s software and BB Hub is software. BB did an okay-ish job of integrating the Classic toolbelt/trackpad (TT) into BB10 but it still falls short in many areas.

For those who wish to offer suggestions on how to improve BB10 for the Classic just try the Glove Test. A simple $1.00 pair will do.

As a side note there were some apps in OS7 on the 9810 that required you to touch the screen....Opera Browser is one such example.

And now onto BB10.

BB10 is seven weeks new to me. **(Comments are considering no gloves and using the touch screen as required unless specified otherwise.)**

I use my phone primarily for communications. Phone calls. E-mails. Texting. Some internet browsing. For communication purposes OS7, in my opinion, is far easier to use than BB10. Isn’t that the primary reason we have these smart phone devices?

BB10’s calendar sucks, plain and simple. Oh how horrible it is. Creating a calendar appointment in OS7 was simple and a joy to do. Not so in BB10...it is so convoluted and requires so many additional steps...just downright awful. Editing an existing calendar appointment takes 3X longer than in OS7.

I had made the wrong assumption that what worked very well in OS7 would be carried on in BB10 and that is why I didn’t hesitate getting the Classic. Even the soft keys in the phone app for BB10 Classic sucks...the keypad is so cramped. I have ‘misdialed’ so often on my Classic. The soft phone keypad in OS7 on the 9810 was great. Yes, the aspect ratio of the screen of those two phones is different however, BB did a horrible job of the phone soft buttons on the Classic.

The Hub is over rated...unless I'm missing something so dramatic. It is congested and notifications get lost within it. On OS7 you just went to the home screen and looked at your icons for mail, bbm and text and knew instantly which one has a new unread item. Hub requires you to dig into it to find exactly what e-mail account has something unread. Once you’re in, and backing your way out, you can’t see what else is unread. You have to reset your view to see what else is still unread and from what e-mail account...it's very tiresome. By comparison OS7 was quick, easy and effective. The gesture/peeking of HUB is good as you just swipe into it but you swipe into your last view. So what? OS7 already had this through the BB button and selecting the envelope icon. Or you can select the lower left Hub icon on the home screen and it returns you to the Hub main page. OS7 calls this the home screen but with one less action to perform.

Exiting the Hub and knowing where you at, is at times, confusing. The Hub should offer all streams of communication (e.g. phone calls, text, email, bbm, notifications, etc,) the full control option as to where it appears (hub, separate, both).

BB10 should also offer mail icons for the home screen. The text message icon is there. Why not the rest? Or would that be too much like OS7? BB takes away the full view of all communication sources in one place (OS7 home screen) and then STUFFS them into the Hub and doesn't allow full control of what is viewed where. Am I missing something here?

In “Glove Test” operating mode clearly you cannot swipe and must return to the Home Screen and click the lower left icon to access the Hub.

BB10 should return the notifications icon that OS7 had: full volume ringer, med, vibrate only, phone calls only, silent, and so on. BB10's icon of a bell with a slash through it means many things and is absolutely stupid. They should fire the guy/gal who came up with that symbolism.

BB reinvented many things in BB10 instead of improving on weak areas. They’re afraid that the mass market won’t buy something unless it’s all BRAND NEW and vastly IMPROVED. Such BS. If it works, then it works. Stop trying to reinvent the wheel.

Now, onto the Classic.

For me it is a big phone. Very wide, very tall and cumbersome compared to the 9810 or the 9900. Not truly a single handed phone but in many ways it is thanks to the toolbelt & trackpad (TT). The TT is the primary reason I got the Classic. I never considered the Q5/10 or Passport as they required you to touch the screen in order to use the phone. That for me is an instant deal breaker. On the Classic primary tasks can be done single handed, but not everything. This is typically a software issue and not necessarily a hardware issue. The Classic has all the required hardware to make it a very good single handed operating phone. It has all the hardware to make it a great device PROVIDED it is FULLY integrated into the OS. Keep trying BB...you’re almost there.

I’m using my thumbs a lot more now to type. If the phone is placed down on a table then I’m using my pointer/index fingers to type. The PKB is fantastic. It had better be since there is no soft keyboard to switch over to! The PKB is noisy though...people on the other end of a phone call can hear when I’m using the PKB. Not so on a soft keyboard.
    I find that I’m sliding/slipping the Classic upwards and downwards in my hand to reach the lock button up top. The location of the USB port is questionable. If I want to watch video while charging the phone I have to rig something up as the cable protruding from the bottom doesn’t allow the phone to stand up.....let’s remember that the Classic cannot rotate it’s screen. The 9810 could rotate 270 degrees. Again, I could go on about the 9810...now you see why I had it for almost four years.
    The Classic’s track pad is small. A bit bigger would be nice. And properly rotated too...it appears to be rotated CCW a bit. No removable battery on the Classic...not sure about that.

I have no real thumbs up or down opinion on the Classic. It is a very good hardware phone. The camera is very good. It takes good video too. For it to be a great phone BB needs to release newer software dedicated to the Classic. Not sure how much of a priority that is for BB. I’m in no rush for anything at present as I can put my micro sim into an adapter and put it back inside the 9810 if I had or wanted to.

For now I’m 'putting up' with the Classic. It’s a great phone but not as great as the 9900 Bold or my beloved 9810 on OS7 for ease of communication. App selection for BB10 is far better, finally...but not necessary for many people. These people just don't know it and BlackBerry failed to show them. We can blame the marketing people for that. BB has a fantastic product and no one knows about it.

Keeping fingers crossed that BB will release more BB10 phones. In the meantime the $50 I spent on the Classic is money well spent. It’s a great phone but not awesome. The OS is what’s holding it back.
    Last edited by B Dubby; 04-22-16 at 04:02 PM.
    anon(3641385) likes this.
    04-22-16 10:40 AM
    Aww guess I'm quite late to the party, just recently knew that this thread exists so yeah
    Picked up a blue classy a few weeks ago and boy, what a lovely device.
    Using it next to my SE (home phablet) and my iOs device (soon to be a Rome I hope)
    also BBVE said that everything's working and there's no light bleeding anywhere to be found!

Official I Got My Classic Thread!-img_20160503_230654.jpg

posted via CB10 on my Passport SE
    PantherBlitz and kertong like this.
    05-03-16 05:30 PM
    Aww guess I'm quite late to the party, just recently knew that this thread exists so yeah
    Picked up a blue classy a few weeks ago and boy, what a lovely device.
    Using it next to my SE (home phablet) and my iOs device (soon to be a Rome I hope)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20160503_230654.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	398902

posted via CB10 on my Passport SE
    tjat blue looks hot

Posted via CB10
    05-03-16 05:31 PM
    Classic just landed today!

I'm a smartphone junkie who's had everything from the BlackBerry Curve 8330, Pearl,Tour, Bold, to the HTC Incredible, Thunderbolt, Rezound, DNA, to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, 3, 4, and 5 (current phone).

Recently dumped unlimited data with Verizon due to the $20/per line upcharge. In doing so, I was able to convert my third line into a smartphone (was just a flip phone that acted as our home phone). Decided to make that 3rd line a Classic due to a fit of nostalgia after finding a couple old BB Curves in a box in our storage room. Wow! What a smile I had on my face.

Looking forward to giving the Classic a whirl.

Initial impressions (nothing you all haven't heard a 100 times and nothing I didn't expect as I thoroughly research all my phone purchases):

Cons-
    1. Slow. Using on my home WiFi along side the Note 5, the Classic is significantly slower. Loading Web pages, typing in text boxes like on Crackberry (typing this post was agonizing), transitioning from apps, etc.
    2. Camera-Quality is poor. Again, nothing I didn't expect. I didn't purchase this device to become a pro photographer anyway.
    3. Screen size-Coming from a Note 5, the screen is obviously small. If you're coming from an older BlackBerry device, I'm sure the 3.5 inches will seem spacious. Biggest issue I've run into is swiping up from the bottom of the page in the browser to scroll, I'm constantly closing the browser and bouncing back to the home screen. Something I'll no doubt adjust to.
    4. Weight-Note 5 feels light in comparison. However, see pros #1.
    5. Screen quality-Poor in comparison to the Note 5. Very noticeable when reading text, looking at pictures, etc.

Pros-
    1. Build quality-Terrific! Such a solid feeling device. The weight/heft plays into this. Beautiful looking design and keyboard layout. Love the look!
    2. One handed operation-Very convenient and handy. Pun intended.
    3. Keyboard-No explanation necessary.
    4. Hub-Liking the integration so far. Only syncing two email addresses, a couple text messaging apps, twitter, instagram, foursquare. Not a Facebook guy.
    5. Nostalgia-As cheesy as it sounds, you truly get an overwhelming sense of this. Partying like it's two-thousand-and-nine right now.
    6. Touchscreen-Nice blend of old school BlackBerry and touchscreen candy bar slab phones. Appreciate the swipe to wake and some of the other features.

OK. I'll call it good there. Sorry for the long post if you even managed to get this far.

Look forward to participating in the forum instead of just lurking like I have since the Classic was released.

Cheers!
    05-05-16 12:52 AM
    Still rocking my 9900, want a Classic or Passport but torn between the two. My heart says Classic, love my BBOS and head leans Passport
    anon(9059600) likes this.
    05-14-16 07:10 AM
    I'm so behind. I got my classic last year at it is amazing! Best phone ever and forever. That's why it's a classic.
    05-15-16 07:00 PM
    Got my Classic, unlocked GSM, using it on T-Mobile.

It's just fantastic.
    05-30-16 03:19 AM
    Just got mine today, coming from Passport. Such a beautiful device

Official I Got My Classic Thread!-5d9034393a00e3fd.jpg
    dunnsantee and DiegoV_G like this.
    06-11-16 01:52 AM
    Classic just landed today!

I'm a smartphone junkie who's had everything from the BlackBerry Curve 8330, Pearl,Tour, Bold, to the HTC Incredible, Thunderbolt, Rezound, DNA, to the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, 3, 4, and 5 (current phone).

Recently dumped unlimited data with Verizon due to the $20/per line upcharge. In doing so, I was able to convert my third line into a smartphone (was just a flip phone that acted as our home phone). Decided to make that 3rd line a Classic due to a fit of nostalgia after finding a couple old BB Curves in a box in our storage room. Wow! What a smile I had on my face.

Looking forward to giving the Classic a whirl.

Initial impressions (nothing you all haven't heard a 100 times and nothing I didn't expect as I thoroughly research all my phone purchases):

Cons-
    1. Slow. Using on my home WiFi along side the Note 5, the Classic is significantly slower. Loading Web pages, typing in text boxes like on Crackberry (typing this post was agonizing), transitioning from apps, etc.
    2. Camera-Quality is poor. Again, nothing I didn't expect. I didn't purchase this device to become a pro photographer anyway.
    3. Screen size-Coming from a Note 5, the screen is obviously small. If you're coming from an older BlackBerry device, I'm sure the 3.5 inches will seem spacious. Biggest issue I've run into is swiping up from the bottom of the page in the browser to scroll, I'm constantly closing the browser and bouncing back to the home screen. Something I'll no doubt adjust to.
    4. Weight-Note 5 feels light in comparison. However, see pros #1.
    5. Screen quality-Poor in comparison to the Note 5. Very noticeable when reading text, looking at pictures, etc.

Pros-
    1. Build quality-Terrific! Such a solid feeling device. The weight/heft plays into this. Beautiful looking design and keyboard layout. Love the look!
    2. One handed operation-Very convenient and handy. Pun intended.
    3. Keyboard-No explanation necessary.
    4. Hub-Liking the integration so far. Only syncing two email addresses, a couple text messaging apps, twitter, instagram, foursquare. Not a Facebook guy.
    5. Nostalgia-As cheesy as it sounds, you truly get an overwhelming sense of this. Partying like it's two-thousand-and-nine right now.
    6. Touchscreen-Nice blend of old school BlackBerry and touchscreen candy bar slab phones. Appreciate the swipe to wake and some of the other features.

OK. I'll call it good there. Sorry for the long post if you even managed to get this far.

Look forward to participating in the forum instead of just lurking like I have since the Classic was released.

Cheers!
    Hello, you say in your Hub integration that you have a couple of text messaging apps. Are there replacement apps for the BB texting app? I didn't think we could use a third party texting app. I'd love to know.
    06-15-16 06:49 PM
    Got mine yesterday. Mint condition and owner says he used it for a few hours before changing to an iphone. hahaha. Loving it so far!
    dollface likes this.
    06-15-16 09:46 PM
    Got mine yesterday. Mint condition and owner says he used it for a few hours before changing to an iphone. hahaha. Loving it so far!
    yay for iPhone sheep! Enjoy your brand new treasure
    06-19-16 04:44 PM
    Got mine this weekend "upgrading" from a Q10 so far it's taking a while to get use to a bigger phone the Q10 to me fit like the perfect size. The Classic buttons seem to be stiffer but that could be due to it being new just have to break them hopefully. Although the specs are almost identical it appears to be faster than the Q10 and the battery life might be better right now I don't have any of the android apps installed so that could be a factor. I'm really liking the track pad didn't think it would make that big of a difference but when editing notes and emails it's a time saver compared to the Q10. I haven't changed it to my daily driver just yet, I want to get use to feel of it before completely switching. I will probably switch over completely this weekend.
    Last edited by TheBlkGuyFrmWrk; 07-02-16 at 11:15 PM.
    06-27-16 10:07 AM
    I'm completely brand new to BlackBerry in general. I only have a vague familiarity with them from my brief time as an AT&T call center rep back in 2008. I've been using Android smartphones for the past five years so there will be a bit of a learning curve for me.

I came by the BlackBerry Classic by way of my employer. I got an email about them making the move to provide company phones to all of management. I was a little surprised, I admit, when I saw that it was a BlackBerry.

I really like the solid feel this device has and the weight of it gives a real impression of a quality item. I look forward to learning more and getting more proficient using this thing. If only they'd given me a blue one.
    07-02-16 12:21 PM
    Just got mine today, coming from Passport. Such a beautiful device

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5d9034393a00e3fd.jpg 
Views:	251 
Size:	158.3 KB 
ID:	401890
    Can you tell me any key differences coming from the passport? I'm thinkin of picking one up but may miss the capacitive keyboard an swype gestures on the kb

Posted via CB10
    07-12-16 10:04 PM
    Long time BB user here but late to the Classic party. I got the Classic new on Ebay for $179.00. and will be my new daily driver. The classic feels a lot like the bold 9900 but a little wider. Why did I wait so long to get this phone? Looks like my Z10 and Q10 will be on the sidelines for a while. The Classic feels great!
    07-16-16 05:51 AM
    i am really like the classic but i am saving up to get the Passport cuz it looks more cooler and i have used one before. i recently made a mistake and updated my classic to 10.3.3 which i cant seem to downgrade i am a bit sad for my classic and hope to get the official update soon enough.
    07-18-16 04:00 AM
    Mine arrived a week ago but I had to delay using it until I could get a screen protector and case on it. Finally got it all set up and I am typing this out on it right now! Images and even video do not do this phone justice. It just looks so premium and professional in person. I know the future is bleak for BB10 and the Classic but I am going to enjoy the ride while I can.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-16 12:06 AM
    I miss my classic really bad
    07-26-16 11:08 AM
    Bought mine with a Trident Aegis case!
    07-27-16 12:55 PM
386 ... 910111213 ...