Share your thoughts once you've spent some time with the device!
    I loved both the Passport and Classic. I think the Classic is more suited to me as it's easier to pocket and hold than the Passport. However the specs, screen and touch capacitive keypad of the Passport are all huge one ups over the Classic.

For me though, I prefer the full keypad available on the Classic as well as the size, so Classic wins out for me
    It's my first full day with the Classic. I'm still getting used to it and setting everything up. The keyboard is awesome. It's the old school keyboard I remember from my curve/bold days. It's awesome, although it's taking me a while to get used to the smaller keyboard. Not a big deal and in a few days I will probably be flying with no worries.

I do notice a bit of lag compared to the Passport which could be due to the phone settling so I'm not going to sit here and compare the Passport and Classic just yet. While I'm not expecting Passport speed, the phone hasn't suffered that much and the lag that I do see is minimal and tolerable.

I have to force myself to use the trackpad. I find myself resorting to deleting entire words when all I have to do is scroll over.

Overall I think this is going to be my daily driver with the Passport as a more than capable back up and my Z10 as the last resort BlackBerry. I'm loving actual buttons.

Posted via my Classic running on T-Mobile unlimited data SQC100-4/10.3.1.2267
    Aneres11 likes this.
    01-16-16 08:27 AM
    So, this is my first post in over six years. After jumping ship to Apple, (and still a very satisfied customer/supporter) I am returning. I just would like to say that I have purchased the Blackberry Classic from Verizon and am very much looking forward to the experience on the 19th when I receive it. Before the cell phone scene takes off again in another totally unexpected direction, I deserve to experience Blackberry they way I remember it. I hope it feels similar to the Bold 9000; one of the most beautiful Blackberry devices I have ever used. At least with the Classic, there won't be any battery-pulls...
    01-16-16 07:37 PM
    My Classic has been purchased and will be with me on Tuesday. Currently using an iPhone but that is on eBay and will be sold for when the Classic arrives. Will be picking up an iPod Touch 6g to use alongside the Classic soon too.

But I'm excited to get the Classic and change my setup to something a little more productive.
    01-17-16 06:20 AM
    Arrived two days ago and finally getting the contacts sorted out (Device Switch app on each device).

Blackberry Classic cell phone by Dan Passaro, on Flickr

Spencerdl likes this.
    01-27-16 01:33 PM
    OMG I want the blue one. Can�t get my hands on it
    01-27-16 02:30 PM
    I used to switch phones about once every month or two - that is, until I got my passport SE and discovered BB10. Had the PPSE for about 6-8 months but I had always been attracted to the classic - the styling, hand feel, full keyboard.. everything just "felt right" and I loved the nostalgia hit.

I was a little worried about the older specs, but so far it hasn't been a problem. Sometimes it lags when the passport wouldn't but it isn't a huge difference. Using the classic is a pleasure, especially with the toolbelt buttons and ease of one handing it.

only question at the moment - what is the best way to delete the previous word entirely? on the PP it was a flick on the keyboard, on the classic I thought maybe alt-backspace might do it but no joy so far...

Official I Got My Classic Thread!-img_20160130_151204.jpg

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 06:18 PM
    I finger double tap on the word and then hit the backspace key.

Posted via BB Classic via CB app
    01-31-16 07:16 PM
    After 2 weeks of enjoying my Q10 I had to call Verizon for a non-BBerry reason. I got offered all sorts of discounts for upgrading to a Classic. I couldn't resist. Which to keep? I couldn't decide. So all my non-BBerry phones went up for sale:-)

Results so far? Subjectively the Q10's screen looks better, but black text seems darker and clearer on the Classic. One-handed typing feels much faster on the Q10 than the Classic, but the opposite is true for two-handed.
    However, one-handed typing on the Classic is still faster for me than either one- or two-handed on any touch screen keyboard... and I've tried quite a few.

I'm having a few issues with both phones, but I'm still at the stage where *I* might be the problem so I'll hold on reporting those for now. I will say the browser is fast, but this business of each tab having to re-load each and every time I go back to it? That's a total long-term no-go.

My advice as of today? If you do most of your typing one-handed, get the Q10. If not, get the Classic. However, I don't think the benefits of the Classic are great enough to justify the $100+ price premium it seems to command on eBay.
    Razuberi likes this.
    02-05-16 09:56 PM
    Just ordered my Classic on Rakuten for a good price! I havent had BlackBerry for about 4 years so I am excited to try it. Wonder if I can get apps like SnapChat loaded onto it. . .
    02-05-16 10:21 PM
    I have had my BlackBerry Classic and am really enjoying it. I have held off on buying a "Smart" phone because all that really has been out there are Google Devices and Apple iOS. These Operating Systems seem more gimmicky and seem to be more for those who want to watch a movie or play Angry Birds than get work done. I have been able to get the Classic to work on my existing StraightTalk with no problems and I absolutely love Blackberry Blend! It's a shame that BlackBerry feels the need to move toward a Google platform rather than sticking to their own.
    02-08-16 02:58 PM
    Blackberry Classic with Blackberry OS - the best!
    I use this phone only 2 months and I'm disappointed, why he did not get into my hands a lot sooner.
    02-15-16 01:10 PM
    Im in the process of trading my iPhone 5 for a classic. Already have a z30. Haven't had my hands on the classic ( nor the passport and priv).
    02-19-16 05:33 PM
    I got my Classic on New Years Eve & couldn't be any happier. This is my First BlackBerry and I Do Not understand the complaints that I have heard from people about BB10. This Is A Great Phone!! It does everything that I want it to do. More than enough apps and the screen size is perfect. A very solid and well made device. The battery lasts me 2 to 3 days! Androids are for kids so Chen do Not give up on BB10 and I really hope BB keeps releasing OS 10 devices.
    02-20-16 01:37 PM
    Hi all.
    Just bought the Classic today and sold my iPhone 5s.
    I've previously owned BlackBerry Q10, but had to sold it last year due to OS bug "low volume".

I've missed the keyboard and battery lifetime of BlackBerry phones.

My wife also owns Galaxy S5 and she also fell in love with the Classic and I quote :"It's beautiful and interesting in a strange way. "

The initial plan was to buy the Passport, but it was too expensive for me here in Croatia.
    $270 upfront and $20 every month on a phone bill on my carrier.
    Classic was $90 and $15 every month.

I will try to get most out of the Classic.

See you all on forum guys and gals

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 12:03 PM
    Well, well,well....look what came in the mail today....
    Official I Got My Classic Thread!-img_20160226_114424.jpg

Posted via CB10
    damien kupuku and juanjo322 like this.
    02-26-16 10:46 AM
    bought Classic Jan 2016 to replace my Curve 9320, loved it.

but unfortunately i got SQC 100-4 type that doesn't have LTE band 3 in my country
    03-10-16 10:41 PM
    Just got my first black berry like a week ago, and its a classic! to be honest i had few worries as i use viber, skype and few other apps in general in my day to day use but after finding out that there is viber (skype wont relly work as it drains to much battery) and i found out that i can use cirillic after all ... i got all i need.

and to be honest this is the best device i ever owned in terms of productivity!

amazing device!
    03-15-16 04:45 AM
    I have got mine ,and i like the feeling in my hand, compared to my Q10 , premium device ,

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Official I Got My Classic Thread!-16444.jpg  
    outlawglamour and 93Aero like this.
    03-15-16 10:33 AM
    Got mine through ATT last week, and I am LOVING it. I had several blackberry's over the years (curve 8310, 8900, original bold, bold 9900, and blackberry passport (ATT)) but tried a stint with tmobile and got an iphone 6. iphone 6 is a solid phone, but I found that I missed the PKB. Also, though the iphone has a ton more apps, I found I really didn't actually need many, and the apps I actually needed were available on blackberry app world or amazon.

Posted via BB10 Classic
    03-19-16 11:08 PM
    Got mine today, found it 2nd hand. Perfect condition, like new. What a gorgeous phone. I come from a Passport and that phone is a beast, perfect for gaming and video consumption but the Classic is a waaaay better actual telephone. I love the toolbelt and having the ability to pick up and hang up a call with a satisfying click of a button. It just feel so right. The track button is great too...though the PP's capacitive keyboard is cool too. I'm still getting used to the typing but even in these early stages, I don't hate it. Getting into the cellphone craze a bit late, I wanted the pinnacle of that true BB experience before it was too late so that's why I jumped on the Classic. I'm living through others' nostalgia for the very first time lol
    Official I Got My Classic Thread!-img_20160321_211222.jpg
    kertong and Lennyard like this.
    03-21-16 08:21 PM
    How's the classic speakers? the sound is loud?
    Last edited by JCMM; 03-22-16 at 07:20 PM.
    03-22-16 06:55 PM
    Got mine through ATT last week, and I am LOVING it. I had several blackberry's over the years (curve 8310, 8900, original bold, bold 9900, and blackberry passport (ATT)) but tried a stint with tmobile and got an iphone 6. iphone 6 is a solid phone, but I found that I missed the PKB. Also, though the iphone has a ton more apps, I found I really didn't actually need many, and the apps I actually needed were available on blackberry app world or amazon.

Posted via BB10 Classic
    i am usually a sucker for unlocked international models but in this case I love the att model - all bloatware is removable! and I would highly recommend picking up a nokia dt910 wireless charger - it works *perfectly* with the classic, you'll wonder how you lived without it!

Blackberry Passport SE (primary), Blackberry Classic, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    03-22-16 07:09 PM
    How's the classic speakers? does it have good loud sound?
    yes! they also sound full and warm, loud and clear - it's a great sound.

Blackberry Passport SE (primary), Blackberry Classic, iPhone 5S, Lumia 1020, HTC One M8
    03-22-16 07:10 PM
    Just purchased my Cobalt blue Classic from Amazon and my problem is that my prev Classic (black) from B&H photo was running 10.3.2.2514 but my Amazon is running 10.3.2.2474 and when I try to update it (via link & air) it shows it being up to date. What gives?! I'm also currently struggling making Sachesi work.....Just all badd
    03-23-16 11:01 AM
    Hey everyone, I just got my classic! Being a heavy android user myself, I felt a need for a productive and healthier lifestyle haha so I went with the classic because of its qwerty keyboard and sleek look! I'm loving every bit of it. Just wish I had some friends that had blackberries so I can chat on bbm :/ lol

Anyways, glad to be a part of the blackberry community now.
    kertong and anon(9878325) like this.
    03-24-16 04:34 AM
386 ... 89101112 ...