BlackBerry Q20 Features:
    I think there is no need of Track pad and tools Belt in BB Os10, because BB OS10 is very good itself it is the best operating system in the world and it is very easy to use, if you introduce track pad and tool belt the screen size will be decrease, and the look of hand set will also become bad.

• The �Menu�, �Back�, �Send� and �End� buttons and trackpad will be made an integral part of the device and user interface, enabling fast, precise navigation and a natural workflow within and between apps.
    • The new smartphone will feature BlackBerry�s patented QWERTY keyboard design with frets and sculpted keys for the best typing experience.
    • The best email service including features like BlackBerry Hub, where you can access all your messages in one place, and enterprise connectivity with BES10.
    • The BlackBerry Q20 smartphone will include a generous 3.5� touchscreen, the largest display yet on a QWERTY BlackBerry smartphone, giving you more space for viewing messages, browsing Internet and intranet sites and accessing other apps.
    • The smartphone will be crafted from premium materials and designed for reliability and durability.
    • A large battery to provide superior battery life.

BlackBerry Unveils New BlackBerry Q20 Smartphone | Inside BlackBerry
    02-27-14 02:53 AM
    according to me you should give option on screen if any wants track pad and tools belt it should come on screen and if any body does not want this then he may be use full screen, there is no need of buttons, it should be shown on screen only.
    02-27-14 03:16 AM
    according to me you should give option on screen if any wants track pad and tools belt it should come on screen and if any body does not want this then he may be use full screen, there is no need of buttons, it should be shown on screen only.
    02-27-14 03:17 AM
    Was that ever produced?? Interesting. Love that it's a slider.

Speaking of curved design, and since they are going "back to the future" with the legacy buttons, a perfect time to bring up my favorite BlackBerry concept ever, the BlackBerry Blade. Pity they lost the jump to Samsung and LG on curved devices, this could have been a real hit:

My Q10, SQN100-2, running 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    02-27-14 04:22 AM
    Curious, have they said the toolbelt WOULD be physical keys? I can't recall

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 05:16 AM
    Was that ever produced?? Interesting. Love that it's a slider.

No, it's a concept device produced by a Canadian design firm. They've done other BlackBerry centric work, like some concept promo videos.

I assume they're hoping to do business with Blackberry in some way, have them buy or license their ideas or just hire them on contract, but I've never seen any evidence RIM/BlackBerry ever did this.

Pity, since I like their sense of style.
    Ragbert likes this.
    02-27-14 05:34 AM
    Curious, have they said the toolbelt WOULD be physical keys? I can't recall

I think the whole point is to have buttons that can be used without having to look at or activate the screen, so I'm pretty sure they will be physical buttons.
    02-27-14 05:35 AM
    favorite BlackBerry concept ever, the BlackBerry Blade.
    Slider, big screen, curved (and so easier to handle), full Qwerty, tool belt... what else can you ask for!?!
    02-27-14 05:57 AM
    Slider, big screen, curved (and so easier to handle), full Qwerty, tool belt... what else can you ask for!?!
    Well priced?
    Oh, and some ads wouldn't hurt

channel C000F331C- my Z30 rocks!
    02-27-14 07:27 AM
    If it's bigger than the Z10 it's probably not for me. I'm hoping it looks like this:

http://blackberryempire.com/wp-conte...20-Concept.jpg
    Except for the chin.
    Either all black or all metal or all white.
    I've never liked the chin on the Z30.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    mnc76 and sheailewis1 like this.
    02-27-14 08:00 AM
    Except for the chin.
    Either all black or all metal or all white.
    I've never liked the chin on the Z30.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    I believe the chin was there in order to help you know what side is the top/bottom because in bad lighting/dark it's hard to tell.

I start swiping on my z10 when it's upside down all the time because I don't know.

I assume there won't be a chin for it since it's a qwerty.. won't be hard to tell top from bottom

Posted via CB10
    clickitykeys likes this.
    02-27-14 08:36 AM
    Speaking of curved design, and since they are going "back to the future" with the legacy buttons, a perfect time to bring up my favorite BlackBerry concept ever, the BlackBerry Blade. Pity they lost the jump to Samsung and LG on curved devices, this could have been a real hit:
    I mean, it looks nice, but what really is the point of a curved phone? I mean, besides so they can advertise "hey look, this is so cool and new!" People talk about it being easy to hold, my Q10 is extremely easy to hold, and it's not curved. Plus, what happens if you lay it on the table with the screen up. I do that all of the time if I want to navigate my phone with just one finger like if I'm eating I leave the phone sitting on the table next to my food and if I need to access something I can just flick up on the screen with my pinky and navigate it that way while still eating. With this curved design it'll just keep spinning and rocking and it'll be the most clumsy thing in the world to use unless you're holding it all of the time... No thanks. If it'll sell well and appeal to a lot of people, then they definitely should consider making it, but I personally would not be buying one. They should look into a slider though, I've been hearing a lot of people ask for one. I personally don't like needing an extra step to get my keyboard, but that's just my own personal preference.
    brianhlane likes this.
    02-27-14 10:25 AM
    I mean, it looks nice, but what really is the point of a curved phone? I mean, besides so they can advertise "hey look, this is so cool and new!" People talk about it being easy to hold, my Q10 is extremely easy to hold,.
    Not sure if this is true but. My assumption would be, when the screen is bigger/longer on a Qwerty phone, it's hard to reach the top of the screen when you're holding the phone at the bottom (i.e at the keyboard).
    When it's curved, the end of the screen is closer to the thumb and so it's easier to use the phone still with one hand.
    Not sure, if that?s true though.
    02-27-14 02:23 PM
    Not sure if this is true but. My assumption would be, when the screen is bigger/longer on a Qwerty phone, it's hard to reach the top of the screen when you're holding the phone at the bottom (i.e at the keyboard).
    When it's curved, the end of the screen is closer to the thumb and so it's easier to use the phone still with one hand.
    Not sure, if that?s true though.
    Could be, sounds like it may be true. I don't care that much about having a tall screen enough to sacrifice being able to use it on a flat surface though. But again, not saying they shouldn't pursue it just that it's not my personal cup of tea. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    02-27-14 02:38 PM
    What exactly is a 1:1 ratio or a 16:9 ratio?

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 04:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    1:1 from what I've read earlier

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 04:29 PM

Posted via CB10

16:9 is an aspect ratio with a width of 16 units and height of 9. Since 2009, it has become the most common aspect ratio for sold televisions and computer monitors and is also the international standard format of HDTV, Full HD, non-HD digital television and analog widescreen television.

1:1 is the Q10 A square screen
    02-27-14 04:36 PM
    I hope that three row keyboard is not going to happen, it's so nasty

Posted via CB10
    allwi and rai187 like this.
    02-27-14 04:50 PM
    I mean, it looks nice, but what really is the point of a curved phone?

You could have just stopped at the "looks nice" part. Seriously.

This is the mass market. Almost all people under the age of 50 own a smartphone in developed countries. Style and fashion are important. I happen to think it is a fabulous looking device.

However that's not all. See below.

My assumption would be, when the screen is bigger/longer on a Qwerty phone, it's hard to reach the top of the screen when you're holding the phone at the bottom (i.e at the keyboard).

This is definitely one potential advantage. Another, as I mentioned earlier, is that the device apparently stands on its side by itself. How many smartphones have you seen that can do that?

So first of all, you have a uniqueness factor. Second of all, it is said that the VAST majority of data consumed on mobile networks today is from streaming video. Guess what people do when they watch a video? They hold or stand the device on the side with the help of some kind of special case. What if you could just set the bare phone down on a table and watch videos?

Don't discount the appeal of something just as simple as that.

I mean, besides so they can advertise "hey look, this is so cool and new!"

Remember, we are talking about the mass market here. "Cool and New" is half the battle when it comes to mass-market electronic devices.

It's a pity that historically, BlackBerry has been utterly ignorant of what it takes to design and market to the mass market smartphone user. In the past, they basically were riding on momentum from their business users. Apple served notice that that era was over when they introduced the iPhone in 2007.
    02-27-14 05:06 PM
    Oh okay I see. Yah a 1:1 is a little odd. I feel that 16:9 might be hard to achieve with a physical qwerty keyboard

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 05:25 PM
    You could have just stopped at the "looks nice" part. Seriously.

This is the mass market. Almost all people under the age of 50 own a smartphone in developed countries. Style and fashion are important. I happen to think it is a fabulous looking device.

However that's not all. See below.

This is definitely one potential advantage. Another, as I mentioned earlier, is that the device apparently stands on its side by itself. How many smartphones have you seen that can do that?

So first of all, you have a uniqueness factor. Second of all, it is said that the VAST majority of data consumed on mobile networks today is from streaming video. Guess what people do when they watch a video? They hold or stand the device on the side with the help of some kind of special case. What if you could just set the bare phone down on a table and watch videos?

Don't discount the appeal of something just as simple as that.

Remember, we are talking about the mass market here. "Cool and New" is half the battle when it comes to mass-market electronic devices.

It's a pity that historically, BlackBerry has been utterly ignorant of what it takes to design and market to the mass market smartphone user. In the past, they basically were riding on momentum from their business users. Apple served notice that that era was over when they introduced the iPhone in 2007.
    Um, I didn't stop with that because I actually wanted to get people's input about what advantages this could have and not just make a pointless comment. And I love how you are quoting me a post that not only did I read, but I RESPONDED to... Yah, thanks. And hey, if I had stopped with "that looks nice" he wouldn't have responded with that explanation. So hey, if you didn't know about that before, then maybe instead of trying so hard to sound like a smart *** you can thank me for actually asking a constructive question that got an actual constructive response.

So with that said, you're welcome. :-)

02-27-14 05:29 PM
    Um, I didn't stop with that because I actually wanted to get people's input about what advantages this could have and not just make a pointless comment. And I love how you are quoting me a post that not only did I read, but I RESPONDED to... Yah, thanks. And hey, if I had stopped with "that looks nice" he wouldn't have responded with that explanation. So hey, if you didn't know about that before, then maybe instead of trying so hard to sound like a smart *** you can thank me for actually asking a constructive question that got an actual constructive response.

Well instead of trying to act like I'm doing something horrible to you by expanding on the various reasons why I think that particular product would be a success, perhaps you should just pay attention and not just dismiss all those reasons out-of-hand because they don't dovetail with your personal view.

You're welcome.
    02-27-14 07:32 PM
    Well instead of trying to act like I'm doing something horrible to you by expanding on the various reasons why I think that particular product would be a success, perhaps you should just pay attention and not just dismiss all those reasons out-of-hand because they don't dovetail with your personal view.

You're welcome.
    When did I dismiss anything you said? You asked why I didn't simply stop at the first sentence. I answered you. If you don't want to hear the answer don't ask the question. :-)

02-27-14 09:12 PM
    This back and forth personal feces is not constructive. I don't think it's disrespectful for someone to question the appeal about a design, unless they criticize anyone who would want that design, which was not the case here.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    Omnitech likes this.
    02-27-14 10:33 PM
    Its a real sleek design. I just dont like slider phones because if you are a heavy user, it always starts to **** up before the 2 year contract has even reached its period. Im all for it all being on one device.
    02-28-14 11:39 AM
204 ... 34567 ...