I have been a long time supporter of BlackBerry and for my work line I have constantly had Bolds, curves, as well as the Z10 and Z30 but after my Z30 died I was using android including a BlackBerry Priv, but finally after months of being dissatisfied with the Android ecosystem I decided to look on Kijiji and I bought the Classic. The Classic at first had a couple small issues with trying to install apps and upgrade a couple things. But once it was upgraded this phone has been amazing. It works well and is quick. It makes me sad that BlackBerry has adopted Android and is focusing on the android ecosystem instead of focusing on the BlackBerry OS. I would really love it if there was one or two more BlackBerry OS phones released, even if the phones are made by the same company that is making the Android BB devices.
    rayporsche likes this.
    10-28-17 03:12 PM
    It makes me sad that BlackBerry has adopted Android and is focusing on the android ecosystem instead of focusing on the BlackBerry OS. I would really love it if there was one or two more BlackBerry OS phones released, even if the phones are made by the same company that is making the Android BB devices.
    I guess you can only lose so many billions of dollars before throwing in the towel on something that was 5 years late to market in the first place.

You'll never see another BB10 device by BlackBerry or anyone else, so you might as well save yourself some grief and just enjoy your Classic for as long as you practically can.
    10-28-17 03:20 PM
    oddly enough, I too recently switched from an Iphone 7 to BB classic Q20. loaded some apps (Onstar, Wink, Arlo) and I actually love using this device. Folks are taking a double take when seeing me use it. I almost feel embarrassed,
    rayporsche likes this.
    11-06-17 12:26 PM
    oddly enough, I too recently switched from an Iphone 7 to BB classic Q20. loaded some apps (Onstar, Wink, Arlo) and I actually love using this device. Folks are taking a double take when seeing me use it. I almost feel embarrassed,
    Don't get me wrong - I really enjoyed my Classic for the most part, but the constant putzing around necessitated by my employer using Google apps led to its demise.

Ok, I agree that the Android "ecosystem" is less polished, but I just can't go back to BB10.

As far as those who are sore that BB10 is dead - whaddya want out of life?

I would like to have a Pontiac G8 car, but GM decided that dropping Pontiac from their lineup was preferable to going bankrupt. Very selfish of them!

I think there are many people, including the OP, who don't realize that BB as a corporation was heading for BANKRUPTCY, as in, CEASING TO EXIST, BECAUSE of BB10 and the hardware business.
    11-06-17 03:27 PM