10-11-14 12:51 AM
31 12
tools
    I think that you are missing something.

It's all about timing.

You will not be able to get a discount on an existing contract that has not reached (or is approaching) its end.
    This is because the the total cost for the contract period is divided the number of months of your contract (which includes the phone cost).

At the end of your contract (or any time afterwards if you have let it run-on), you can cancel and then start a new SIM only plan, which will be considerably cheaper.

My SIM only plan with Vodafone UK is GBP 9.50 per month including BIS, compared with around GBP 25 per month for a similar plan with phone e.g. Q10.
    10-10-14 03:13 PM
    I think that you are missing something.

It's all about timing.

You will not be able to get a discount on an existing contract that has not reached (or is approaching) its end.
    This is because the the total cost for the contract period is divided the number of months of your contract (which includes the phone cost).

At the end of your contract (or any time afterwards if you have let it run-on), you can cancel and then start a new SIM only plan, which will be considerably cheaper.

My SIM only plan with Vodafone UK is GBP 9.50 per month including BIS, compared with around GBP 25 per month for a similar plan with phone e.g. Q10.
    You're talking about UK plans. I'm sure it is cheaper there than it is with carriers here. Thus why buying unlocked it by far the most popular way in the UK and European carriers. There's nothing divided monthly for th phone cost in my plan. Like I've said, I started with them with my own unlocked phone. After being on that by bringing my own device, I bought a phone that required a contract to get at a discounted rate. The cost for the services remained EXACTLY the same. So unless they were charging me extra while I was doing the "sim only" as you call it, they do not divide up the cost of the device unless you use the Next program, which is exactly that.

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    10-10-14 03:24 PM
    When the BlackBerry Classic is finally available on ShopBlackBerry.com will there be different model numbers like how there was with the BlackBerry Z30? For example if I was under the T-Mobile network I needed model number STA100-5 or else it didn't work (or something like that) on my network.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 07:45 PM
    Carrier pricing is totally unfair now here in Canada. Why did the government have to step in and change it all to a 2 year plan. Monthly fees are double now. They should have left it alone imo

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    The doubling of the fees and increasing of the fees just because we've switched to 2 year plans is complete BS. If you actually do the math, they're making MORE money than they would have on the 3 year plans. It's really gouging.

That aside... Looking forward to the Classic this November. Just like the Passport, I would assume it would be launched at the end of the month.
    10-10-14 07:46 PM
    Ok, so not having the branding on the phone is worth paying $400 more? You know, I have a spare chin piece for my Q10 without a branding on it, didn't cost me a dime, and I can just swap it out with the one on my Q10 that has the AT&T logo on it... :-)
    Not just the branding fella.... custom software loaded on to it, or even the bootloader (not worth the hassle i would gladly pay 400+ because these are blackberry phones after all) not some cheap/sh!te brand.

Didn't cost you a dime eh? who are you? Johnny Cash ? LMAO
    10-11-14 12:13 AM
    When the BlackBerry Classic is finally available on ShopBlackBerry.com will there be different model numbers like how there was with the BlackBerry Z30? For example if I was under the T-Mobile network I needed model number STA100-5 or else it didn't work (or something like that) on my network.

Posted via CB10
    That would be one of my questions too. I am tired of having to buy multiple devices just because I travel overseas to different countries, and need different BB models to be able to use the local sims in an unlocked BlackBerry phone. And, I am not even talking about CDMA compatible phones (like those for Verizon). I need a phone that works in different GSM countries, whether in Europe/Asia, or in the US.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 12:51 AM
31 12