Just popped into an O2 store and they will be carrying the Classic.

It has been their decision to skip the Passport due to the bad reception early on.

They will stock the Classic, however.

It should be available by the end of November to pick up.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.632 and a Z30
    avbercu likes this.
    10-09-14 05:23 AM
    It should be available by the end of November to pick up.
    That sounds a bit too much like the line BlackBerry has been saying all along regurgitated but we'll see I suppose. They did manage to keep the Passport being available on announcement day kinda, sorta under wraps.
    10-09-14 05:28 AM
    I guess just wait and see time right now. At least they are getting it.

How come that you are so active so early in the morning?

10-09-14 05:37 AM
    How come that you are so active so early in the morning?

He hasn't gone to sleep yet, that's how.

From a Z30
    10-09-14 07:58 AM
    Sounds promising. I am not sure about the Passport comment though...
    10-09-14 12:54 PM
    Why are all the releases always at the end of some month. Why not at the beginning?
    10-09-14 05:01 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Likely some time December for Classic.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 06:35 PM
    Likely some time December for Classic.

Posted via CB10
    So chen lied? even himself said it will be 'November'

My guess would be the 25th?
    Last edited by Lithtech; 10-09-14 at 08:53 PM.
    10-09-14 08:42 PM
    So chen lied? even himself said it will be 'November'
    Jesus guys. Don't we know how this works by now? November means available on shop blackberry. The rest of us tied to a carrier, who knows. Knowing Verizon it'll be June 2016

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 08:46 PM
    Also I don't trust anyone in a cell phone store. They don't know any more than we do. That info is not shared with them.

Posted via CB10
    wilber1 likes this.
    10-09-14 08:47 PM
    Jesus guys. Don't we know how this works by now? November means available on shop blackberry. The rest of us tied to a carrier, who knows. Knowing Verizon it'll be June 2016

Posted via CB10
    Getting yourself tied into a carrier is hardly anyone's fault but your own. I've never been tied to carrier ever. Based SIM free purchases everytime, like it should be. You do know it is almost always cheaper to buy a phone outright and you can get a cheaper monthly rolling contract and in the long run you spend less (i.e. against a 24 month contract).
    10-09-14 09:19 PM
    That would be my guess too. Verizon are never are in any hurry to make people happy.
    10-09-14 09:38 PM
    Carrier pricing is totally unfair now here in Canada. Why did the government have to step in and change it all to a 2 year plan. Monthly fees are double now. They should have left it alone imo

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.1.396
    NYTOC83 likes this.
    10-09-14 09:41 PM
    Getting yourself tied into a carrier is hardly anyone's fault but your own. I've never been tied to carrier ever. Based SIM free purchases everytime, like it should be. You do know it is almost always cheaper to buy a phone outright and you can get a cheaper monthly rolling contract and in the long run you spend less (i.e. against a 24 month contract).
    People keep saying that. Nowhere in my bill is there any fee for my phone. And if I buy an unlocked phone and use it on my plan, I pay the exact same amount monthly... Weird...
    10-09-14 10:54 PM
    I can never imagine why (even in this day n age now) that people still buy locked down phones with custom logo's on them.... it' amazing...
    I've never owned a locked/logo phone at all - I always buy unlocked i like to be a free bird with CHOICE.
    10-09-14 11:07 PM
    I can never imagine why (even in this day n age now) that people still buy locked down phones with custom logo's on them.... it' amazing...
    I've never owned a locked/logo phone at all - I always buy unlocked i like to be a free bird with CHOICE.
    Congrats, now go fly. Where I live, AT&T gives the best service, so I've been with AT&T for over 10 years and have no intention or need to switch any time soon. So signing a contract or not signing a contract I'll still be with the same carrier. And when it boils down to sign a contract and get a new phone for $200 versus not signing that contract and get a new phone for $600, hm, I don't know... And I've went for some time with an unlocked device on the plan out of contract, and the monthly fee was exactly the same. So I don't see this extra charge people keep harping on about... Oh well.
    10-09-14 11:37 PM
    Yep, talking to a CSR right now, if I bring my own unlocked device, he has confirmed, my bill will be EXACTLY THE SAME every month... Yep, no magical fee for buying a phone on the discounted upgrade price when you sign a contract. Sorry bub... So enjoy paying $600 for the same phone I pay $200 for just for signing a contract to stay with a carrier I was always planning on staying with anyway...

Edit: And I re-asked him in like 10 different ways, there is no added on fee for getting a phone at a discounted rate. There will be no difference in my plan costs whether I sign the contract or not. The phone is DISCOUNTED, meaning the rest of that $400 is subsidized by AT&T in exchange for my promise to stay with them for the 2 years. The only plan where you pay for the phone monthly after the initial lower amount is the AT&T Next plan, which I am not using...
    10-10-14 12:02 AM
    People keep saying that. Nowhere in my bill is there any fee for my phone. And if I buy an unlocked phone and use it on my plan, I pay the exact same amount monthly... Weird...
    Only thats not entirely true. A sim only plan is always cheaper with the same minutes/texts/data. You do know carriers price the cost of the phone into your monthly sub? what did you think? they are giving out free phones??? you are deluded if you think you pay the same price monthly for the same plan with a sim only deal. Do carriers like losing money? use some common sense please.
    10-10-14 01:29 AM
    Yep, talking to a CSR right now, if I bring my own unlocked device, he has confirmed, my bill will be EXACTLY THE SAME every month... Yep, no magical fee for buying a phone on the discounted upgrade price when you sign a contract. Sorry bub... So enjoy paying $600 for the same phone I pay $200 for just for signing a contract to stay with a carrier I was always planning on staying with anyway...

Edit: And I re-asked him in like 10 different ways, there is no added on fee for getting a phone at a discounted rate. There will be no difference in my plan costs whether I sign the contract or not. The phone is DISCOUNTED, meaning the rest of that $400 is subsidized by AT&T in exchange for my promise to stay with them for the 2 years. The only plan where you pay for the phone monthly after the initial lower amount is the AT&T Next plan, which I am not using...
    AHAHAHAAA believing what the salesman tells you xD

what exactly did you expect him to say?

you: hey i just bought a new phone, so i dont need a phone from you, seeing as i'm in a contract with you paying $x a month, can you now cut that down to $y, thanks.

salesrep: sir, thats not possible. I can assure you there is no discount on your monthly subscription. We give out free phones for free because we love your custom and loyalty.

you: ahh shucks, i thought as much.

oh my god, i didnt know people could be this stupid....
    10-10-14 01:34 AM
    Congrats, now go fly. Where I live, AT&T gives the best service, so I've been with AT&T for over 10 years and have no intention or need to switch any time soon. So signing a contract or not signing a contract I'll still be with the same carrier. And when it boils down to sign a contract and get a new phone for $200 versus not signing that contract and get a new phone for $600, hm, I don't know... And I've went for some time with an unlocked device on the plan out of contract, and the monthly fee was exactly the same. So I don't see this extra charge people keep harping on about... Oh well.
    Congrats about what? you don't get the point... I'm talking about the sh!!ty phones with AT&T Vodafone logos on it.... just buy the phone unlocked and slap in your AT&T sim card or whatever.

thats what i mean.

I fly anywhere i want pal, thanks for the tip anyway.
    10-10-14 01:54 AM
    Not sure which part of the world you from but int great USA, carriers make it really hard on you to not "tie" to them. Even T-Mobile with their "Uncarier" campaign - FGS, they use 4-6 different frequencies over 4 different technologies. Good luck finding a phone that supports all that. In addition, you don't get goodies like Wi-Fi calling or VoLTE if your phone isn't carrier branded.

I have never been tied to carrier before but I am brutally forced to do so and I will cause I am tired.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 09:05 AM
    Only thats not entirely true. A sim only plan is always cheaper with the same minutes/texts/data. You do know carriers price the cost of the phone into your monthly sub? what did you think? they are giving out free phones??? you are deluded if you think you pay the same price monthly for the same plan with a sim only deal. Do carriers like losing money? use some common sense please.
    LMAO, they are not giving anything away for free. You don't think they make profit from the monthly subscription? The contract means they are guaranteed that profit from me for the two years, which MORE than pays back any amount they subsidize from the cost of the phone.
    10-10-14 09:16 AM
    AHAHAHAAA believing what the salesman tells you xD

what exactly did you expect him to say?

you: hey i just bought a new phone, so i dont need a phone from you, seeing as i'm in a contract with you paying $x a month, can you now cut that down to $y, thanks.

salesrep: sir, thats not possible. I can assure you there is no discount on your monthly subscription. We give out free phones for free because we love your custom and loyalty.

you: ahh shucks, i thought as much.

oh my god, i didnt know people could be this stupid....
    LMAO, wow, I guess you missed the part where I've stated that I went a period of time with them off contract with my own phone right? Guess how much less my monthly bill was during that period compared to what it was while on contract using a phone bought using their upgrade? $0. SO WEIRD...

And I've worked in sales, bending the truth and avoiding mentioning things are both allowed to make sales, and if the conversation isn't recorded, you can probably try to get away with lying, but straight up lying is definitely not allowed, and this conversation was 100% recorded by both parties, I was given the option to save the entire conversation. Not to mention, I wasn't even talking to a salesperson, he wasn't in a position to sell me anything and never tried to sell me anything any time in the conversation.

I asked him, in probably 5 different ways, leaving absolutely no room for interpretation. Not to mention, I study my bill all of the time. My services are all broken up individually, and I know how to do simple addition math just fine, and my voice package cost, my text cost, and my data cost, and the taxes, all add up to EXACTLY what I pay every month. There isn't any magical amount that's not accounted for on top of how much my plan should cost. And I asked the guy "I have an unlocked phone I want to use on your network, how much would my plan be?" He stated the cost of the voice, text, and data costs... Guess how much it was? EXACTLY THE SAME. Wow. Then I asked him, what if I decided to buy one of their phones at the discounted rate and sign the contract, how much would my monthly fee be. Guess how much it was? EXACTLY THE SAME. I asked him what the difference was between bringing my own unlocked phone versus buying one at a discounted rate. He told me, one I'm free to leave any time without any penalty, but the other I have to sign a 2 year contract and if I want to leave before then, I'll have to pay an early termination fee. So I told him I currently have this plan, when my contract is up, and I don't upgrade to another phone, or I bring my own unlocked phone, will my monthly fee go down, NO. Is there any fees added on monthly for "upgrading" the phone, NO. Are the costs of any of the individual packages, voice, text, or data, any more expensive if I purchase an "upgrade" phone with the contract, NO. Is it any cheaper to not "upgrade" the phone and to not be in the contract, NO.

And I've probably asked in a few other ways than that as well. Please tell me where there is any room for interpretation, and way a truth could be bent to get those answers. And if you really think that they can just simply straight up lie blatantly like that on a conversation where both parties are given a copy of it, then you've never worked in retail or sales. I have, and I can tell you right now, the only time you do that is if you think it cannot be proven.

Edit: But please "all four inches" please enlighten me on where in my bill is that fee for the phone. You obviously know more about my bill than I do...
    10-10-14 09:40 AM
    Congrats about what? you don't get the point... I'm talking about the sh!!ty phones with AT&T Vodafone logos on it.... just buy the phone unlocked and slap in your AT&T sim card or whatever.

thats what i mean.

I fly anywhere i want pal, thanks for the tip anyway.
    Ok, so not having the branding on the phone is worth paying $400 more? You know, I have a spare chin piece for my Q10 without a branding on it, didn't cost me a dime, and I can just swap it out with the one on my Q10 that has the AT&T logo on it... :-)
    10-10-14 09:43 AM
    Same thing has been reported by O2 in Czech Republic

Check out my photography channel
    10-10-14 09:56 AM
31 12