My friend had just got his Classic and with a lot of bad much he had cracked his screen badly. He went to a booth in the mall to get it replaced for cheap. Now the new screen is lifted and side edges do not have touch screen sensitivity. Is this something that we can fix if we disassembled? What a crappy deal he got and would love to help him out.

I know I told him he should have went to a reputable business and ya get what ya pay for.
    Any help is appreciated thx

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 04:28 AM
    Sometimes you get what you pay for.....

But I'd still take it back to the booth that did the work, if they won't fix it.... talk with the Mall management. Maybe you could disassemble it and reassemble it and fix a loose connection. But it sounds more like a bad unit.
    12-19-16 08:03 AM
    Sometimes you get what you pay for.....

But I'd still take it back to the booth that did the work, if they won't fix it.... talk with the Mall management. Maybe you could disassemble it and reassemble it and fix a loose connection. But it sounds more like a bad unit.
    Yeah the dummy paid cash with no receipt and when he returned after two days he refused to fix or honor any warranty so I think this fool is screwed. I thought I would do the poor guy a favor by fixing it if it's possible but after watching the video I think it's more work then the Passport. Even if I did I told him to just buy another screen just in case cause I don't want to completely waist my time.

Ah well you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink it. Lol

Thanks for your help, I don't think I will bother unless he gets a new screen.

Posted via CB10
    12-19-16 06:09 PM