I was expecting Underwood to at least use a classic or some sort of blackberry. Instead theyre all using iPhone, Samsung and windows mobile phones.. go figure.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-28-15 10:35 AM
    I wonder if they where paied to move from reality to "popular"

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:54 AM
    Seems that way... being that even Obama uses a BlackBerry for obvious reasons.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:59 AM
    I saw a z10 in episode 1. I think it was from Remy. I saw a curve on doug. A lot of windows phones this year

I might have seen a q10 with a case on Claire. It was in ep2 when she was making some important calls after she put her iPhone away

Trying to be vauge so no spoliers

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:08 AM
    Do you think apple is now paying more money than blackberry so they can have more product placement? Blackberry should stay more present as the company is still strong in government.
    02-28-15 04:19 PM
    Seems that way... being that even Obama uses a BlackBerry for obvious reasons.

Posted via CB10
    Well, that "obvious reason" is that Obama liked and wanted to continue using his BlackBerry after being elected president. It's well understood that very few people in goverment approved of his continuing BB usage as POTUS... and in order to keep using a BB, the NSA had to custom outfit a handful of BBs with specialized secure software specifically for his use.
    02-28-15 04:45 PM
    He doesn't use a BlackBerry. It's a phys keyboard phone but not a BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 10:58 PM
    A few things.

Obama loves his blackberry but has also said he HAS to use a blackberry. He's not allowed to switch for security reasons. I'm assuming he doesn't have an issue with that since he's a BlackBerry fan

2 there's a huge Samsung product placement in ep 5 or 6. They even made it to point to call out the fling to tv feature and show it

I saw a bold 9900 in ep6

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:57 PM
    A few things.

Obama loves his blackberry but has also said he HAS to use a blackberry. He's not allowed to switch for security reasons. I'm assuming he doesn't have an issue with that since he's a BlackBerry fan

2 there's a huge Samsung product placement in ep 5 or 6. They even made it to point to call out the fling to tv feature and show it

I saw a bold 9900 in ep6

Posted via CB10
    That is not correct. Upon taking office, Obama was originally supposed to switch to the Sectera Edge secure smartphone, but as a BlackBerry fan, he insisted he use a BlackBerry. This was a huge problem and caused quite a stink, as BlackBerry was not secure enough for his use as POTUS. The NSA began work on customizing a BlackBerry to be secure enough for Obama's use. The end result was a BlackBerry with custom software that allows it to communicate only with other BlackBerry devices running the same custom software, which were distributed to a select few that Obama likes to keep in touch with.

All of this was heavily reported on around 2008-2009, and easily researched via Google.

Obama wins right to keep his BlackBerry

How Obama's BlackBerry got secured

Obama’s request for a BlackBerry ‘just really bothered a lot of people,’ ex-NSA official says
    03-01-15 12:09 AM
    That is not correct. Upon taking office, Obama was originally supposed to switch to the Sectera Edge secure smartphone, but as a BlackBerry fan, he insisted he use a BlackBerry. This was a huge problem and caused quite a stink, as BlackBerry was not secure enough for his use as POTUS. The NSA began work on customizing a BlackBerry to be secure enough for Obama's use. The end result was a BlackBerry with custom software that allows it to communicate only with other BlackBerry devices running the same custom software, which were distributed to a select few that Obama likes to keep in touch with.

All of this was heavily reported on around 2008-2009, and easily researched via Google.

Obamas request for a BlackBerry just really bothered a lot of people, ex-NSA official says
    Not sure how anything posted shows was untrue.
    03-01-15 12:48 AM
    Ha - it seems that the key to security isn't so much the phone any more. It's avoiding the hacked sim card!
    03-01-15 12:53 AM
    Smartphone companies has noticed the publicity around House of Cards and especially how often BlackBerry made an appearance in Season 1,2. If other smartphone companies made an appearance it's most likely due to money being thrown at producers to have their phones shown. Sadly, BlackBerry does not have that kind of market cap but I'm glad producers kept and KNOW that BlackBerry still deserves to be in the house...

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:20 PM
    Claire uses an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 09:47 PM

Obamas request for a BlackBerry just really bothered a lot of people, ex-NSA official says
    Thanks for sharing. The article says that "some speculated" that he had to switch to the edge. Actually the articles all say that he isn't allowed to use email at all. Not even on a PC. I assume that they were able to get him situated on bbos. I doubt they would be able to do the same with iOS or android
    03-01-15 09:48 PM
    Money talks...

And proper product placement is better than buying 30 second commercial spots. Viewers can't change the channel or mute the volume.

Shows will typically blur out or cover a brand unless they have permission from the manufacturer or they have been paid.

I'd sure like to see more BlackBerry in HoC, but it seems as though Apple and Windows have dropped more coin.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 10:15 PM
    I'm doing what I can to help out. Some phones we use as burners like that silly looking windows phone we gave Stamper.

I of course don't have to use a BlackBerry as I have the entire US government at my disposal.

I can't seem to find that addictive game on BB so I'm forced to use those Apple products like this iPad I'm using now.
    03-02-15 06:03 PM
    I'm doing what I can to help out. Some phones we use as burners like that silly looking windows phone we gave Stamper.

I of course don't have to use a BlackBerry as I have the entire US government at my disposal.

I can't seem to find that addictive game on BB so I'm forced to use those Apple products like this iPad I'm using now.
    Every one of your posts I read in Kevin Sp...uh... I mean Congressman Underwood's voice.

Just started watching House of Cards. I'm on season 1, episode 8. Good show.
    03-02-15 09:50 PM
    Money talks...

And proper product placement is better than buying 30 second commercial spots. Viewers can't change the channel or mute the volume.

Shows will typically blur out or cover a brand unless they have permission from the manufacturer or they have been paid.

I'd sure like to see more BlackBerry in HoC, but it seems as though Apple and Windows have dropped more coin.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, very true. BlackBerry would be wise to spend money on House of Cards. They could even work in the use of BBM since it's cross platform. And imagine if they show off Blend. Heads would explode.
    03-02-15 09:55 PM
    Every one of your posts I read in Kevin Sp...uh... I mean Congressman Underwood's voice.

Just started watching House of Cards. I'm on season 1, episode 8. Good show.
    Well you better watch quickly as you will soon realize it's President Underwood and not Congressman.

Simple mistake I know but the devils in the details. Enjoy watching.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    jas1978 likes this.
    03-02-15 10:06 PM