I'm having a very strange problem with my Classic on Verizon. Most text messages show fine, but there's one contact I text with whose text messages just do not show up as new. The only way I see it is if I go to compose a text message to him and it loads the conversation thread, THEN I see his latest text.

No notification, nothing, text arrives fine, but the phone doesn't show it. So far I've only discovered this with one contact, who knows how many more I have the same issue with it just goes undiscovered.

I use an app called SMSbyNOW to send out mass text messages, btw, not sure it has anything to do with this.

Restarted a bunch of times, deleted that specific contact from the phone, then readded, same problem. Not sure what to do other than reload the OS, but who knows if that'll resolve anything.

I text with from 20 to 70 contacts a day and this problem is really causing issues.

Any ideas?

THANKS!
    05-11-15 03:57 PM
    Does that one person have an iPhone? Could it be that he is sending you iMessages instead of regular SMS?

Sent from my Moto X using Tapatalk
    05-11-15 05:03 PM
    Does that one person have an iPhone? Could it be that he is sending you iMessages instead of regular SMS?
    He has the new Porsche edition Blackberry running what looks like the same OS as my Classic.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-11-15 05:17 PM
    Discovered the issue with another 2 contacts... this is absolutely unacceptable! Keeping with Blackberry because it's the best communications tool and it's not doing that well either!
    05-15-15 12:07 PM
    Remove your SMS app and see if you still have the issue. First rule, remove 3rd party apps!
    05-15-15 12:21 PM
    Remove your SMS app and see if you still have the issue. First rule, remove 3rd party apps!
    Thanks, tried that, problem is still there.

In the process of wiping the phone and resetting everything... what a PITA.
    05-15-15 04:40 PM
    Hey, I am having a user with the same issue with text messages. Did you find a solution or did your rebuild help?
    06-02-15 12:49 PM
    I am having this same problem with just one contact. Please help!!
    09-20-15 11:36 PM
    My bbm contacts stopped showing up tooo a while ago. maybe reinstalling the os can fix it. Although, this issue shouldnt be happening in the first place
    09-20-15 11:38 PM
    Did you get a solution? I am having this exact issue with a main contact on my Z10
    09-20-15 11:39 PM