I have recently installed whatsapp from play store. But I am not able to see all the contacts that are there in my contacts and which are already using Whatsapp. How can I fix it?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-18 11:55 PM
    I have recently installed whatsapp from play store. But I am not able to see all the contacts that are there in my contacts and which are already using Whatsapp. How can I fix it?

Posted via CB10
    If all else fails, try cheap android device.....
    05-14-18 12:04 AM
    I mean I can see only 53 contacts in whatsapp, but not all 300 contacts that are there in my phone contacts. Thanks for the advice to switch to android phone. I owned Iphone 7 and also I am fan of Blackberry. I am using my Classic as secondary phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 02:42 AM
    I mean I can see only 53 contacts in whatsapp, but not all 300 contacts that are there in my phone contacts. Thanks for the advice to switch to android phone. I owned Iphone 7 and also I am fan of Blackberry. I am using my Classic as secondary phone.

Posted via CB10
    From your original question you ask for a solution for WhatsApp. The answer I gave you is the most viable solution after WhatsApp dropped official support for BB10. It’s the serious answer when you’re having problems with the WhatsApp Android version.

Per the actual developer from the WhatsApp BB10 team, Android version compatible with BB10 will begin degradation process immediately and could lose functionality anytime in the near future as well. I gave you the official WhatsApp answer plus the answer from the biggest WhatsApp BB10 supporter on this forum.

I have no other information about your other devices or history. I appreciate your being a fan of BlackBerry so instead of “cheap Android device” , I recommend the KEYone and Motion currently running BBAndroid.

Sorry, if this offends you but if you search the forum, you’ll see this has become the most viable answer when the other solutions already mentioned in the forums no longer help.
    05-14-18 07:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    Make sure u add your email account to your contacts.

Good luck.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 10:54 AM
    Yes I have added my Gmail account and all the contacts are reflecting in phone book. It seems only sim contacts are displaying in Whatsapp. As BB10 is almost dead and I can say that whatever android apps we can use on this platform may have bugs or limited accessibility. Thanks for your answer

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 11:14 AM
    Yes I have added my Gmail account and all the contacts are reflecting in phone book. It seems only sim contacts are displaying in Whatsapp. As BB10 is almost dead and I can say that whatever android apps we can use on this platform may have bugs or limited accessibility. Thanks for your answer

Posted via CB10
    It happened to me, I fix it by deleting the entire contacts manually and remove the email; then I later add my email to my contacts. Now all is well.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-18 11:59 AM
    WhatsApp will only show the contacts that have an active WhatsApp account. I don't see this as a BB10 compatibility issue. I also have more regular phone contacts than WhatsApp contacts.
    05-14-18 03:35 PM
    I think the OP is not referring to that. Or at least I'm aware of what you're saying but I also experience some contacts missing, which I know they have whatsapp. It looks like there is some unsync between the "contacts" android app that WhatsApp sees and your actual contacts app. For instance, try to add to open a contact information from a person within Whatsapp, it will load in a different app, which seems to use a different database.
    05-14-18 06:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Never managed to fix it. I just add the missing contact separately within WA. If a conversation with that person in in your database you can just continue it.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-18 12:11 PM
    Hi all, thanks for your feedback and answers. I have found that my Whatsapp is showing only contacts which are in my secondary email account. I have copied all the contacts from my primary account to secondary account. Now all the contacts are showing up in whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-18 12:44 PM
    Also make sure you have enabled Permission for Contacts within whatsapp - see under settings | apps | whatsapp | permissions
    05-23-18 01:17 PM