Is this normal? I feel my battery life on the classic is horrible. Been like this since I bought the phone. Is this normal battery life?-img_20150222_164527.png

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:00 PM
    It should be lasting longer than that, it depends what you do with the device, if internet is on and Apps are constantly connecting, whether your screen is bright
    02-22-15 04:07 PM
    We cannot tell you if we don't know which is your normal usage.
    I mean, I can make my Q5 last 25-30 hours as well as 8-10.. There are a lot of things you should care about...how much,for example, you do:
    - use games/apps (and which)
    - browse the internet
    Do you have:
    - a lot of accounts with a short interval sync
    - a lot of headless apps
    What about:
    - the quality of your mobile connection and its usage

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 04:45 PM
    I consider myself moderate user. 2 emails linked, blaq, igrann, google talk, LinkedIn, crackberry, reddit, cbs sports, bloomberg all apps from BlackBerry world. No Amazon apps. I'm fairly busy throughout the day so I'm not constantly on my phone every hour of the day. Moderate to heavy day I'll be at 30% by 2-3p. Backlight on 75%, if I leave my phone untouched on my desk at work and home. Constant draining. Should I be closing the live tiles? And how could I get a replacement. On Att unlocked classic.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:10 PM
    You should be getting 18-20 hrs of battery life if what you're saying is correct. I'd get the Taskmaster app to see if there are any android apps running.

Something is going on behind the scenes to cause that quick battery drain.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    02-22-15 06:12 PM
    Yes, that seems short. It took a few days, but my battery got better and better after I got it. It easily out lasts me even when I'm on it frequently checking twitter, emails, etc. I usually end up with 30% at 11:30pm after being on from 6:30am. I've even noticed since the update to .1581 it seems to be even better. I've noticed for instance that a few of my apps seems to be using less RAM. I'm keeping an eye on it for the next few days to confirm.

Give it a restart and if your device is new, watch it for a few more days.

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 06:35 PM
    Most users are getting 18-24 hr battery life. Hard reset/shutdown might help.

Is this normal battery life?-img_20150222_194016.jpg

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    02-22-15 06:40 PM
    OP, I know its not the battery life it should get, but with this Casio GzOne I'd kill for even that kind of battery life. Come Thursday I'll be back on BB with the Classic
    02-22-15 06:46 PM
    Check for apps/services running you don't need. On my Classic NFC tags were enabled by default when I booted for the first time. Took me a while to figure it out, but gave me an extra couple hours when I finally figured it out and shut it down.

Posted from my Classic
    02-22-15 06:55 PM
    This is the "Startup-Fiddle-With-It-92%-of-the-Day" Curve.

When everyone says "Give the battery a few days to settle in with the OS" it's with a big huge wink and a nudge. Because it's really about letting YOU settle in with the OS and stop fiddling with it every 5 seconds!

Oh no - did I just say that out loud?!?
    Kaz75 likes this.
    02-22-15 09:19 PM
    I have on an average got 13-16 hrs of battery life. With moderate usage. I do have a 3 email accounts linked + facebook + linkedin

Is this normal battery life?-img_20150223_084449.png

Posted via CB10
    02-22-15 10:46 PM
    I think Device Monitor is good for relative use. Mine right now says 1 day 5 hours. But if I aggressively use the Classic for about 30 minutes, that will drop dramatically. The Browser is a very heavy consumer of battery, so surfing for 15-20 minutes will have a marked effect.

I keep Evernote, Fitbit, and Slack open on the home screen all the time - all android - with 4 email accounts and 1 twitter account in the Hub. I'm fairly active throughout the day - Power Tools has a great profiler that shows you your daily usage as well as some other usage stats over a longer period. I have only had to recharge during the workday once in a month of ownership, and most days get 18+ hours, but always recharge every night.
    02-22-15 11:04 PM
    just my guess... something is going on in the background... if you check the CPU tab, what does system say on average? mine hovers around 4%
    02-23-15 08:27 AM
    @joewoo
    Is this normal battery life?-img_20150223_100323.png

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 09:04 AM
    42%? That's where your CPU hovers at if you just look at it for while? Mine is between 4-5%.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 10:00 AM
    theres def something going on with your phone... my suggestion is to just do a clean reinstall of the OS... system should stay around 5% if youre not doing much
    Aminator likes this.
    02-23-15 12:45 PM
    theres def something going on with your phone... my suggestion is to just do a clean reinstall of the OS... system should stay around 5% if youre not doing much
    He went to work today and stopped fiddling with it 45 minutes out of every hour, and voila! The battery started acting relatively normal. Within 3 days from today, it'll be lasting just like everyone elses.

I'm telling you, the "Startup-Fiddle-With-It-92%-of-the-Day" Curve is very real.
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    02-23-15 07:41 PM
    I have terrible battery life too, I can not make it through the day without a recharge.
    I use my Classic for ebooks, FB and other games and the battery life just shrinks.
    My phone does get nice and warm though, so bring on the Winter months here in Australia!
    02-24-15 05:22 PM
    just my guess... something is going on in the background... if you check the CPU tab, what does system say on average? mine hovers around 4%
    Can you post a photo of battery consumption? I'm curious.
    I get less battery life after 1565 update restored to factory settings. System hovers at 6%.
    Is this normal battery life?-img_20150302_133632.png
    Is this normal battery life?-img_20150302_134044.png

The only thing different before the update is that I use carddav instead of usual gmail sync.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 05:42 AM
    I have terrible battery life too, I can not make it through the day without a recharge.
    I use my Classic for ebooks, FB and other games and the battery life just shrinks.
    My phone does get nice and warm though, so bring on the Winter months here in Australia!
    If you are experiencing poor battery life there is the possibility that an app is responsible.
    Right before the latest update I had downloaded and started using Blaq. With the update I did see a slight increase in battery life, which in my case wasn't too bad to begin with. However Blaq was giving issues and I had to uninstall it and that was when I really saw a jump in battery life. It's been amazing me how good it is even when I'm living on the phone.
    If you find your device is running warm, judging from my experience with Blaq that is a sign that an app may be acting up. Simply not using Blaq wasn't good enough. I had to uninstall it.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 07:17 AM
    I bought two Classics from AT&T 9 days ago.

My daughter's phone has had excellent battery life from day 1. When it's idle, the battery curve flatlines and it will standby for days.

My wife's phone kept draining like a madman, with System being the top offender in the battery drain stats. I tried hard resets, disabling diagnostics, tweaking settings in apps, etc, but nothing improved the situation.

On a hunch, I opened the browser and typed oobe:// into the address bar and hit go. This launched the end of setup "gestures" tutorial. After completing that, her battery life has improved considerably. Battery drain curve flatlined during idle times and is now predicting 22hr remaining (near 99% charged) rather than 5 - 6 hr.

I doubt this will work for everyone, but I thought it was worth sharing. Best of luck!

Update: we just got 24 hr worth of fairly heavy usage after charging to 100%, ending at 10% charge. My wife is elated =D
    Last edited by Carterbits; 03-02-15 at 09:44 PM.
    03-02-15 10:01 AM