My BB classic broke down and got the motheroard exchanged. Now I want to load the backup file, but can't because OS versions are different

before breakdown
    Software 10.3.3.1435
    OS 10.3.3.2163

repaired device
    Software 10.3.2.2836
    OS 10.3.2.2876

Problem: no software updates are offered in BB Link or directly on the device.

How can I update the 10.3.3. manually or some other way?

I read about autoloader
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...lcxcW5MeS1SRUU
    https://mega.nz/#!lcZUHB5R!kb98vL757...RWrbfeuogn_KRA
    but these files looks rather strange to me especially since this is a company device.

Are other backup programs better in doing cross os-version updates? (I read about Ultimate Backup in BBW)

I want to backup/transfer all private data links messages, remember, settings etc. to the repaired device.

Thanks for advice
    Roland
    10-10-17 01:11 PM
    Just use the autoloader, get on the OS you backed up with and load said backup. Keep in mind, it MAY require your to initialize things again with your company. As you never outlined any details beyond saying it's a company device, hard to say what you got going on. But worst case, they just initialize you again on the servers.
    10-10-17 01:27 PM
    10-10-17 01:40 PM
    And this is the right autoloader version 10.3.3.1435 or is it the newest which looks like to be 10.3.3.1463 according to this forum? Updating to the newest forum would probably give me new troubles again, wouldn't it?
    Are these mega-uploads trustworthy?
    10-10-17 01:52 PM
    Sorry for omitting some details.
    It is a company device syncing mails, calender, contacts via the BES and it has a protected business area and a private area (sorry for incongruencies since my device has a German OS I have to translate the menu items). The business area will be installed during activation of the business account, which has not been the case since I could not load the backup before.
    So maybe it is a maiden device (with OS 10.3.2.2836 though).
    10-10-17 01:57 PM
    Sorry for omitting some details.
    It is a company device syncing mails, calender, contacts via the BES and it has a protected business area and a private area (sorry for incongruencies since my device has a German OS I have to translate the menu items). The business area will be installed during activation of the business account, which has not been the case since I could not load the backup before.
    So maybe it is a maiden device (with OS 10.3.2.2836 though).
    Maybe you should speak to your system admin first.
    10-10-17 02:40 PM
    Maybe you should speak to your system admin first.
    I have done that but they can't upgrade to the proper OS version either as explained further up. So I have started to try on my own since I don't want to tweak all the settings manually and lose my personal data.
    10-10-17 03:30 PM
    I have done that but they can't upgrade to the proper OS version either as explained further up. So I have started to try on my own since I don't want to tweak all the settings manually and lose my personal data.
    If you run the autoloader after backing up your information as best you can (don't use Link because it's garbage), you will have to have the device re-provisioned on your BES.
    10-10-17 03:32 PM
    If you run the autoloader after backing up your information as best you can (don't use Link because it's garbage), you will have to have the device re-provisioned on your BES.
    So what software do you recommend for backing up data instead of BB Link?
    10-10-17 03:51 PM
    So what software do you recommend for backing up data instead of BB Link?
    Ultimate Backup.
    10-10-17 03:52 PM
    Ultimate Backup.
    ok, I read about that and found it already on BBW - it's the App for some 4 EUR?
    Do I have to install the App on both devices - the temporary one for backing up once again and then on the new one for restoring the just created backup.

Do you know if it is capable of doing cross-OS version backup & restore? Then there would be no need to update the OS to the latest or same version?
    10-10-17 04:07 PM
    Pretty sure it will work between OS versions.
    10-10-17 04:08 PM
    thanks for your help, conite.

One more question: where do the autoloader files come from? I reckon it would be a simple task to implement some malicious code and spoil the whole security of the device once the OS has been installed with the autoloader. Or am I misunderstanding something here?
    10-10-17 04:20 PM
    thanks for your help, conite.

One more question: where do the autoloader files come from? I reckon it would be a simple task to implement some malicious code and spoil the whole security of the device once the OS has been installed with the autoloader. Or am I misunderstanding something here?
    You can't alter an autoloader.

BlackBerry devices will only accept and install software signed by BlackBerry.
    10-10-17 04:22 PM
    Now I'll get it.

Thanks for your help, I'll try Ultimate Backup and/or Autoloader within the next days and report back here.
    Tonight it's too late for install experiments ;-) at least in my place.
    10-10-17 04:40 PM