If the article is correct, seems like the Classic with either not be released until 2015 or will not have the best sound available.

Seems an odd decision, I would have thought that the Business users who are supposedly the target market would want to have the best quality voice calls possible.

BlackBerry Passport Will Be The Only Device To Feature 'ProReceiver' Technology This Year - BerryReview
    09-03-14 10:32 AM
    Just going off of pure speculation..

It looks like the Classic will not have this tech. I think it's rumored to be released in November from one of the many interviews/articles I read from Chen.

...but then again, we haven't heard much about the Classic when it comes to specs and features so it could have the Pro Receiver tech. *shrug*
    09-03-14 01:12 PM
    I may reconsider buying the Classic if this was true,
    This is truly depressing.
    09-03-14 01:17 PM
    I'm not liking the sound of the Classic being so weak. There should be 2 tiers of Classic, something cheap like the curve for low level enterprise deployment and cheap consumer plans, and then a deluxe version like the 9900 thats meant for people (business or consumers) that are willing to spend more.

We need a premium device with the toolbelt. Not just materials, but spec and feature wise as well.

Posted via CB10
    2c and tatytu like this.
    09-04-14 01:41 AM
    I might just stick with Q10, if this news is true.... but Classic is beautiful! why on earth will blackberry 'dump' down the specs? (yes its budget) but come on lol
    09-13-14 10:02 PM