so i have a classic bb ringer for my calls, and when a calls comes in, there are no pauses in between the ringer. its like my phone is going batsh*t crazy.

And then for text messages, i have the airhorn mp3 and it would be cut short without me touching the phone.

what gives?
    03-04-15 06:51 PM
    The notification content will determine the validity and length of a notification sound.
    Solution: Change your notifications and the people you associate with to get pauses and long

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    03-05-15 02:59 AM
    sorry, do you understand what that mean Paperplanes7?

I have the same issue and it is frustrating
    appreciated
    03-05-15 01:19 PM
    can anyone explain why this is happening it must be a bug in bb10 it never happened prior any method explained would be really appreciated thank you
    03-08-15 03:06 PM
    This showed up after the 10.3.1 update.

It's like they never beta tested... oh wait, they did.

They just didn't listen to the feedback that was given.
    03-08-15 03:50 PM
    The notification content will determine the validity and length of a notification sound.
    Solution: Change your notifications and the people you associate with to get pauses and long

Sent from my: SM-N910T/SQC100-4 PIN:2BFE4937 T-Mobile 4G LTE Facebook.com/UnFazedRebel
    change notifications ? like how? change the ringtone?

sorry, do you understand what that mean Paperplanes7?

I have the same issue and it is frustrating
    appreciated
    nope.
    03-08-15 08:22 PM
    Mine does this too. It would be nice to know how to fix this as I prefer the old school ring tones.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 12:33 AM
    anyone else have htis bug
    03-13-15 12:59 PM
    it's not a bug, it's bad code
    please let me know if anyone knows a way around or if BB is going to patch it

appreciated
    03-15-15 04:31 PM
    it's not a bug, it's bad code
    please let me know if anyone knows a way around or if BB is going to patch it

appreciated
    What's the difference between a bug and bad code?
    03-15-15 05:05 PM
    ...it must be a bug in bb10... it's not a bug it is bad code
    Lol, I would stop reading CB forums if it were not for the lulz
    03-15-15 05:22 PM
    What's the difference between a bug and bad code?
    A bug is properly and correctly written code to perform a certain function but for some reason (external to the code) it doesn't function as intended. Bad code is written code to get a function and fails because it's written incorrectly.

Posted via CB10
    03-15-15 06:47 PM
    A bug is properly and correctly written code to perform a certain function but for some reason (external to the code) it doesn't function as intended. Bad code is written code to get a function and fails because it's written incorrectly.

Posted via CB10
    And what are those reasons external to the code? In other words, what causes written code to not do what it's programmed to do other than an error in the code itself?
    03-15-15 07:15 PM
    Other posters in other threads have indicated that there is a 5 second limit. So perhaps at 5 seconds the ring tone for the phone simply repeats (with no pause).

And if the text alert is longer than 5 seconds it would cut off early. I had this issue when I loaded "delayed" alerts that had silence edited into them before the alert, so the vibration could be felt first (to mimic a built in feature from BBOS). But I never heard the alert....until I realized it was ending before it made it to the sound in the mp3 file (the first 5 seconds were left silent on purpose). So, I re-edited the sound to start after 4 seconds and then I could hear it.

Make sure your mp3 tones are no more than 5 seconds.
    03-15-15 07:21 PM
    And what are those reasons external to the code? In other words, what causes written code to not do what it's programmed to do other than an error in the code itself?
    That can be hard to determine sometimes it's other subroutines that don't carry data through to other subroutines that need it; sometimes it's just indeterminable. A while back, I was wrote a program that was giving me some problems. Looking at my code I could find know reason for it not to work. I called a friend to help debug it. So that we could track it's progress, we put notices at the beginning and end of every routine and sub routine. When we ran it that time it worked. We took out the notices, it didn't work. Ultimately, we found one notice that if we took it out the program didn't run.

That notice had nothing to do with any part of the programming. It merely displayed a message in the screen. In the end it displayed a blank line on the screen. But without it the program didn't run.

This wasn't bad code, this was a bug.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 09:05 AM
    That can be hard to determine sometimes it's other subroutines that don't carry data through to other subroutines that need it; sometimes it's just indeterminable. A while back, I was wrote a program that was giving me some problems. Looking at my code I could find know reason for it not to work. I called a friend to help debug it. So that we could track it's progress, we put notices at the beginning and end of every routine and sub routine. When we ran it that time it worked. We took out the notices, it didn't work. Ultimately, we found one notice that if we took it out the program didn't run.

That notice had nothing to do with any part of the programming. It merely displayed a message in the screen. In the end it displayed a blank line on the screen. But without it the program didn't run.

This wasn't bad code, this was a bug.

Posted via CB10
    Or it was bad code. You didn't actually describe what a bug is other than to say that it is something you can't explain. That still doesn't mean the code isn't actually responsible somehow.

Also, what's difference between a bug and a gremlin?
    03-16-15 06:52 PM
    Other posters in other threads have indicated that there is a 5 second limit. So perhaps at 5 seconds the ring tone for the phone simply repeats (with no pause).

And if the text alert is longer than 5 seconds it would cut off early. I had this issue when I loaded "delayed" alerts that had silence edited into them before the alert, so the vibration could be felt first (to mimic a built in feature from BBOS). But I never heard the alert....until I realized it was ending before it made it to the sound in the mp3 file (the first 5 seconds were left silent on purpose). So, I re-edited the sound to start after 4 seconds and then I could hear it.

Make sure your mp3 tones are no more than 5 seconds.
    But im using the native ringtone BB Pro 1

So am i and the other guy the only people with htis problem ?? No one else ?
    03-17-15 01:29 AM
    But im using the native ringtone BB Pro 1

So am i and the other guy the only people with htis problem ?? No one else ?
    I just tried your phone ring tone on my Classic and can confirm the same issue. Wow. Another brilliant oversight by the engineers at BB. Throw that on top of the pile of things they might get to next year.

I would suggest altering the tone to get around their error. If you can get a copy of the tone (goggle it) and you have some kind of sound or video editing software, simply create a longer tone with a second or two of silence at the end, then load to your phone and point the ringer to this mp3. It's ridiculous that you have to do this but you can get around it.
    03-17-15 08:53 AM