04-06-16 07:27 PM
26 12
tools
    Stopped by my local Verizon store to check out the Classic in the hopes to update from the Q10. Enter my phone# into the kiosk to get in line for a sales rep. I tell the host that I'm here to check out the Blackberry Classic and I'm directed to the wall of look-alike phones throughout the shop. One quick walk up and down the aisle, around the corners of the store and NOT a single Blackberry phone on display....NOT even in the dusty corner! All the phones at the Verizon store no matter the brand or model looked identical, lacked distinctive features or characteristics. All touch screen, all 5 or 6 inch screens but NO phones with a keyboard....Dang!! Heard the sales rep talking among themselves that I was looking for a Blackberry LoL. The sales rep decided to show up and directed me towards the display of nondescript phones and when asked about the Classic he immediately stated that thats a bad phone. I asked why and he goes on to say that everyone returns them because they have problems or issues. I repeat that I prefer to use a keyboard and he states all his touch screen phones have a keyboard. I repeat again that I need a REAL KEYBOARD. He states that the Classic is no longer stocked at the store and that the PRIV can be special-ordered and he thinks it has a keyboard. My mint condition Q10 is going to be cherished even more since its such a rarity around here and Blackberry has no chance even in a big Verizon store. I going to have to checkout AT+T for the PASSPORT before it goes away. These phones are the best but nobody knows about them
    03-08-16 06:13 PM
    As has always been the case. I think a great many former BB users switched to devices like the Q10 and Classic in hopes they can get back what they missed the most from a physical keyboard, but needed help with an unfamiliar OS and ended up coming back to these exact sales people who would just say "told ya so." because they had never used one either (probably not even old enough to remember a time when Blackberry was popular) and make them return it for something they didn't want in the first place. The few people that dug their heels in end up in places like Crackberry to help themselves. Those are the ones that stick around a lot longer and stop going to the stores for help or even for their next phone. Blackberry failed in getting product reps out to the stores in the US and didn't open their wallet wide enough when they had the chance to. So here is where we stand. If you want a BB10 device order it. I would suggest Amazon for unlocked or direct from Verizon. Call them up. If you want to hold a device then don't limit yourself to Verizon stores. Look for corporate stores for any carrier and call them ahead of time to see if they can get one out for you to try.
    AggreX likes this.
    03-08-16 06:49 PM
    Just a addition to this story same type of thing, run around etc from kids who only know what advertisers cram down there throat! My story, in short went to a iphone 6. Everyone said it sounded like crap. Took it in new phone handed to me. Week later same thing, took my straighttalk sim out put it back in my trusty classic and no issues loud and clear! Moral, let's run these classics untill there's no more to be had.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-16 07:36 PM
    Order from Verizon's online site https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=2Aay1jEF

Posted via CB10
    rthonpm likes this.
    03-08-16 07:57 PM
    I caved and got a 6s+ over the weekend. Still have the BlackBerry Classic. I am tolerating the keyboard because the rest of the phone is beautiful. Amazing apps and music. Same exact experience at a corporate Verizon store. No Blackberries on display at all. I am recognized as the BlackBerry Guy when I walk in. It's a shame Verizon doesn't capitalize on the very loyal BlackBerry niche. The 6s+ is amazing; however the keyboard is what you would expect and the call quality is "not bad" but it's a step down from the Classic. There are times when the Classic is as good as a land line. This $1000 iphone does sound like a cell phone most of the time. I resisted as long as I could but I can manage my website, have all my apple music, have a world class camera, and have a seamless os experience with the apps.

Long story short my rep at Verizon is very professional and he conceded that he just doesn't know much about BlackBerry therefore I am their lone BlackBerry customer. Don't know how much blame goes to BlackBerry and how much goes to Verizon but either way it's shameful what has happened. I'm typing on my Classic right now and the keyboard is so reliable and faithful. Too bad we can't combine these phones.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    03-09-16 12:08 AM
    I've strangely always had a good experience at my local AT&T stores when it comes to me asking about BB phones...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    03-09-16 12:01 PM
    Verizon store reps always want to talk smack about BlackBerry and make fun of me for wanting one. That's why I prefer to just order it over the phone. Their telephone customer service reps have always been completely neutral and keep their opinions to themselves. Very helpful in walking me through the purchase process.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 01:33 PM
    Last time I called in to switch from my iPhone 6 to my Classic the rep asked me why I would want a BlackBerry. I told them that there are things both phones do that I like and dislike. She asked what I like about BlackBerry. She seemed as if she was genuinely interested. I told her about the hub, peek, swipe functions and so on. May not have changed her mind enough to switch her to BlackBerry but was able to share a little of why I like it. She did listen and was very polite.

Exact opposite experience in store. They could have cared less about the BlackBerry and were not interested in any way. Just a lot of funny looks and very little conversation.

Posted via CB10
    filanto likes this.
    03-10-16 07:05 PM
    Last time I called in to switch from my iPhone 6 to my Classic the rep asked me why I would want a BlackBerry. I told them that there are things both phones do that I like and dislike. She asked what I like about BlackBerry. She seemed as if she was genuinely interested. I told her about the hub, peek, swipe functions and so on. May not have changed her mind enough to switch her to BlackBerry but was able to share a little of why I like it. She did listen and was very polite.

Exact opposite experience in store. They could have cared less about the BlackBerry and were not interested in any way. Just a lot of funny looks and very little conversation.

Posted via CB10
    If you got her name email Verizon and tell them how impressed you were with the call. This might give her a bonus and she will be even more favorable to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 07:56 PM
    If you got her name email Verizon and tell them how impressed you were with the call. This might give her a bonus and she will be even more favorable to BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    I told her I would make sure to give her all 10's on the call in survey, which I did when I got the call. They have told me before that answering that survey with all 10's gets them some kind of bonus.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-16 08:13 PM
    If you have an iphone 5 5s 6 or 6s type in iphone blackberry keyboard google. U might like what u find.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 10:26 AM
    Blackberry sued Ryan Seacrest and they had to quit making these.

Posted via CB10
    03-23-16 08:43 PM
    It's the same at T-Mobile. I went in and asked for a BlackBerry Classic and they said they didn't have any and didn't even know what the phone looked like.

They called multiple stores and ONE store even heard about it and sold ONE!

They naturally tried to get me to buy an iphone or samsung. I said no thanks, went to Amazon and got it for a lot cheaper than what T-Mobile was selling it for.

BlackBerry gets no love anywhere it would seem. Completely frustrating.

Classically Posted SQC100-4/10.3.2.2789
    03-24-16 08:25 PM
    Funny thing is iPhone reintroduced the small screen and they are called genius but BlackBerry has a small screen and they are called obsolete!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 08:31 PM
    Blackberry sued Ryan Seacrest and they had to quit making these.

There still not hard to come across

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 08:43 PM
    I went to both Best Buy and my carrier Verizon to see the Priv and neither retailer had one. They asked "Why do you want that phone?" My reply, to get out of the Samsung and IPhone craze besides I just want to see what BB has come up with. It was a sad situation, they were nearly uninterested in talking to me.
    03-30-16 05:32 AM
    Went to Best Buy last night to look for cases for my new Priv that is on order from Verizon. Asked one of the salesman where I could find the cases for a BlackBerry Priv and he said - "Whoa... a BlackBerry? Really? What do you want with that?" He then informed me cases for "that" brand would only be found online... How pathetic...

The lady I spoke to at Verizon today said she didn't even know BlackBerry was still in business. Asked me if I had a government job and is that why I "had" to use a BlackBerry... I told her it was purely by choice.

I think Verizon and Best Buy share employees.

Posted via CB10
    03-30-16 07:25 PM
    Wow my brother had the opposite experience. He went to get the Classic at the Verizon store and the employees highly recommended the Blackberry Classic. My brother said he was considering the iPhone 6s plus (obviously the most expensive phone) but they insisted the Classic would be a better choice for him. They also said that they only had one unit left because they've been selling so well.
    jeanholton1 likes this.
    03-30-16 11:37 PM
    The Verizon employees at the store I visited were unaware of the Classic or Blackberry for that matter. I took my Classic in for an exchange and the rep I was dealing with, couldn't even find her way to the settings menu for the phone. I just sat there in amusement and enjoyed the moment. At one point, she requested help from another rep who knew just as mush as she did. After awhile, once my enjoyment was fulfilled, I took the phone and eased there pain, haha. They responded, "well, that was easy!" I guess for me, the phone is easy to navigate, but for some it's rocket science. I chatted with the reps for awhile and they told me of a story, "that they spent literally hours trying to help a lady set-up her Classic a few weeks earlier," apparently, her son had convinced her on Blackberry being the best (which I agree) and that she needed a Classic. But, just like the reps, she knew nothing about the phone or how to navigate it. I wish I could've been there to see this encounter. Maybe I could of jumped in and blew everyone's mind with my 'superior Classic navigating skills' ha.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-16 10:08 AM
    While I feel VZW has the best service out there I can't say the same for the customer service. I've always had issues with them on the phone and in the store. And anytime I ask about Berry they become the rudest people on earth. As others have said just order it online and be done with it.
    03-31-16 10:52 AM
    I had a very reliable Blackberry 9360 Curve, until a dunking during a kayak trip wrecked it last fall. Shorted out the battery and the unit itself.
    So I bought a Blackberry Classic after a friend showed me his, on eBay. $450 Canadian from a reseller in Calgary who had lots. Best part is I own it outright, and don't have to be on any companies stupid locked in plans! Pay $25 CDN per month for infinite number of long distance calls within my home province of Quebec, and another $10 / month for Blackberry mail. That's $35 / mo total! I don't have nor need a data plan, because I use the wifi feature in my house and any place with free wifi to cruise the net. I've travelled with and used with ease my BB Classic in Chile, Holland and Paris in the last few months. And lordy me, it even worked in Antarctica - when my ship was near the Chilean base on King George Island, and the BB locked onto the open wifi network there!

It's cheaper to pay the per minute charge for data or calls, for the few times I'm not on wifi, than pay for a data plan. Anyway, that's been my experience. I really like the easy to use keyboard and just right screen size. I'm sticking with this phone until it stops working, and let my friends moan and groan about their expensive data plans for their iPhones and Androids.

Cheers,
    Frederic in Montral.
    Hooked on BB's
    03-31-16 11:36 PM
    Stopped by my local Verizon store to check out the Classic in the hopes to update from the Q10. Enter my phone# into the kiosk to get in line for a sales rep. I tell the host that I'm here to check out the Blackberry Classic and I'm directed to the wall of look-alike phones throughout the shop. One quick walk up and down the aisle, around the corners of the store and NOT a single Blackberry phone on display....NOT even in the dusty corner! All the phones at the Verizon store no matter the brand or model looked identical, lacked distinctive features or characteristics. All touch screen, all 5 or 6 inch screens but NO phones with a keyboard....Dang!! Heard the sales rep talking among themselves that I was looking for a Blackberry LoL. The sales rep decided to show up and directed me towards the display of nondescript phones and when asked about the Classic he immediately stated that thats a bad phone. I asked why and he goes on to say that everyone returns them because they have problems or issues. I repeat that I prefer to use a keyboard and he states all his touch screen phones have a keyboard. I repeat again that I need a REAL KEYBOARD. He states that the Classic is no longer stocked at the store and that the PRIV can be special-ordered and he thinks it has a keyboard. My mint condition Q10 is going to be cherished even more since its such a rarity around here and Blackberry has no chance even in a big Verizon store. I going to have to checkout AT+T for the PASSPORT before it goes away. These phones are the best but nobody knows about them
    Are you surprised? A business is in business to make money! Why would they stock a device that isn't in demand or selling!!!!!!! It's rudimentary. If people were demanding blackberry devices they would be in stock.......men lie woman lie but the numbers don't

J Be....Here But Gone...
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    04-01-16 01:42 PM
    I'm not surprised after reading some of your experiences with retailers, this speaks to the general consensus and intellectual capacity of our society. I'm more concerned about that than I am the sale of a product!!! Just credulous robots running around....if Blackberry was to ever surpass Apple eeeeevvvvveerryyybodddyy would be hollering about how cool they are now apple who etc....peons.

J Be....Here But Gone...
    04-01-16 01:52 PM
    That is why I left after 16 years with Big Greedy Red and i'll never go back. You have no idea how much I hate Verizon...

Posted via my incredible Passport
    04-01-16 05:22 PM
    I had the same experience at my local Verizon store. They literally laughed at me. One salesperson actually said that "Blackberry went out of business 2 years ago". I was going to blow my stack, but just shock my head and left
    04-05-16 08:44 PM
26 12