I am so frustrated. I bought a new white BlackBerry Classic on eBay. It came sealed. So beautiful. First thing I did was to allow it to update. So I am not sure if it's hardware or software (OS 10.3.2.2876). I have done everything I could find.

1 - I powered down using the volume keys a million times.
    2 - I did a security wipe.
    3 - Reloaded the OS via BlackBerry link.
    4 - I let the battery die completely.
    5 - I bricked the phone using the wrong autoloader (was trying to downgrade using one for Z30).
    6 - Ran diagnostic tests in BBVE and rebooted.
    7 - Used Sachesi to "upgrade" the OS to 10.3.2.2789.

I am at my witts end. It has to be hardware right? If it's hardware, correct me if I am wrong I think the sensors are on the middle frame. Anybody have a good repair place I can send to? I tried CPR and they messed up one of my BlackBerries.

Help!
    02-24-16 12:55 PM
    So, I know this sounds redundant, but does the phone actually turn on now, even after the soft brick?
    02-24-16 02:12 PM
    Yes it boots back up. BB Link restored the OS.
    02-24-16 04:05 PM
    I am sad to say that I am returning the phone. Luckily the seller is willing to refund. Not my fault nor the seller's. Why hasn't BlackBerry fixed the problem??

Posted via CB10
    02-25-16 06:04 PM
    I just ran into this problem with my little over a year old classic and figured I would post my solution here even (though it's an old post) since it's where I was looking for a solution. I had the proximity and light sensor all of sudden become "unavailable". I ended up opening up the phone and discovering the connector was loose and simply needed to be re attached. It was fairly simple to open it up to get to the connector.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-16 12:44 PM