Sorry if this gets placed in the wrong section mods. I have a classic so posting this here. So when watching videos like youtube and others why can't I view a full screen mode. You get these black bars on bottom and top of video? Another reason why my passport "big screen" didn't seem so big. On an iphone you can view full screen videos. Is this just an issue with the Qwerty phones? Does the Z10 and Z30 not have this black bar issue? Also is there a media app that would remedy this issue on classic? Again sorry mods if you feel like moving that's fine.
    Attached Thumbnails No full screen video viewing on classic-img_20150815_225458.png  
    08-16-15 12:59 AM
    The screen is square.

What did you think watching wide format videos would look like?

And btw, you can zoom in if you're playing videos on your device. Not on YouTube though.

I love my passport. But the square screen devices are not really made to watch videos. Not really their strongest attribute.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-16-15 01:38 AM
    The screen is square.

What did you think watching wide format videos would look like?

And btw, you can zoom in if you're playing videos on your device. Not on YouTube though.

I love my passport. But the square screen devices are not really made to watch videos. Not really their strongest attribute.

I guess so but you would think they would try and find a way to remedy. They promoted the device (in passport case) as a device with this big screen you can do any and everything on. I never knew why even with a square screen. Just thought it would be better to be able to use more of the screen. Not a deal breaker but kind of disappointing. Question does the Z10 and Z30 have this issue? Will the slider potentially have this issue. Just curious as will probably be one of the factors in whatever is my new phone.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 02:44 AM
    No. They don't have that issue. Since they are not square screens.

08-16-15 02:49 AM
    Got it. Slider depending on the qwerty keyboard might be the one. I hope the qwerty keyboard is of the same quality and feel of the Q10 and Classic.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 03:10 AM
    Got it. Slider depending on the qwerty keyboard might be the one. I hope the qwerty keyboard is of the same quality and feel of the Q10 and Classic.

Posted via CB10
    I hope it's a nice 3 row keyboard like the Passport. None of this 4 row stuff. That's a regression.

Especially on a device like a slider to not make it too long, should be just 3 rows.

FML
    08-16-15 03:34 AM
    You know how much the blackberry loyalists would throw a tantrum if that happened? Now four rows with the same capabilities as the passport keyboard would be killer.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    08-16-15 03:37 AM
    For Videos on the device use the Videos application and hit the zoom button in the top right corner. For YouTube just use FastTube.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 08:01 AM
    This was a recent topic of discussion at the office. A group of us agreed that the square format of old tube TV's was actually not that bad and had some good points. Old videos posted to YouTube actually look great on the Classic.

Although there is a lot to be said for current letterbox formatting, in a lot of cases you get situations where there is a lot of "junk", or "noise" showing up on the periphery of the shot. Think of the 16:9 frame divided vertically into thirds. In a lot of cases, the two outside thirds contain nothing but static objects and clutter. You can see this clearly when someone is filmed in their office or work area. Unless they do a heavy duty clean up beforehand, books, posters, calendars and other "debris" appear to the left and right.

Anyway, I had the same issue with viewing video on my Classic. The solution I have is that when I watch something on YouTube, I will also go into System Settings, Accessibility and turn on the Magnifier Mode. This way I can increase the viewing size of the video in the square screen. Just be aware that you are cropping the sides of the video. I find this works great and after playing around with it for a couple of months, I generally don't miss the the stuff on periphery of the shots.

Also, I do have an HDMI adapter so I regularly attach the Classic to my TV and watch things on a large screen.

Posted via CB10
    08-16-15 08:53 AM
    The amazing app SuperTube has the option to view videos filling the entire Classic (or any square) screen.

Posted via CB10
    tommichael88 likes this.
    08-16-15 10:36 AM
    I guess so but you would think they would try and find a way to remedy. They promoted the device (in passport case) as a device with this big screen you can do any and everything on. I never knew why even with a square screen. Just thought it would be better to be able to use more of the screen. Not a deal breaker but kind of disappointing. Question does the Z10 and Z30 have this issue? Will the slider potentially have this issue. Just curious as will probably be one of the factors in whatever is my new phone.

Posted via CB10
    Oh come on.. What did you expect playing rectangular videos on a screen that is square? How did you want them to fix it? Cut off the edges or have the screen physically stretch when it plays movies? Of course the Z10 and Z30 doesn't have the problems as they have rectangular screens.
    08-16-15 11:00 AM
    Lmao

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 and rocah360 like this.
    08-17-15 04:23 PM
    The amazing app SuperTube has the option to view videos filling the entire Classic (or any square) screen.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for a solution will look for that app. I believe someone else mentioned it to so don't want to forget them.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 05:07 PM
    Get Supertube over fast tube. Super tube has all the features and million more features than fast tube. The developer constantly updates with improvements. The dev is amazing and answer you always and immediately. Supertube is the way to go

Posted via CB10
    08-18-15 11:18 PM

Posted via CB10
    So you're one of those guys that would stretch a 4:3 broadcast on a widescreen just so you can "fill" the screen and don't mind if everyone is completely stretched out? Or back when tv's were 4:3 you would watch movies in full screen so you'll lose out on 20% of the movie?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    08-18-15 11:22 PM
    Get Supertube over fast tube. Super tube has all the features and million more features than fast tube. The developer constantly updates with improvements. The dev is amazing and answer you always and immediately. Supertube is the way to go

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. I went with supertube before your post. Good stuff. Nice to have the option which is what I was looking for. Thanks for the post.

Posted via CB10
    tommichael88 likes this.
    08-19-15 11:59 AM
    Ipad work for me screen too small on the classic.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    08-22-15 12:33 PM
    Ipad work for me screen too small on the classic.

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    Classic screen is not meant to be a main video watching screen

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 11:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Fast tube is light years better than super tube. If you pick super tube, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 01:06 PM
    Fast tube is light years better than super tube. If you pick super tube, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted via CB10
    ??? I've used all three for a long time. I actually started using FastTube first. But after using SuperTube, ST destroys it.

Explain why you say FT is better than ST.

Posted via CB10
    08-23-15 07:45 PM