I really can't believe Blackberry has not kept the charging points at the bottom of devices, like those on the 9900.

I just don't get it. Can anyone explain?

CB10 on Classic
    01-19-15 04:08 PM
    It's pretty useless... you can buy the stand I think it has a built in microusb that does the same thing.
    01-19-15 04:15 PM
    It's pretty useless... you can buy the stand I think it has a built in microusb that does the same thing.
    Sure, but those micro usb contacts will wear out sooner or later, while external charging contacts are robust and may last forever.
    01-19-15 08:31 PM
    Jesus another person with the charging contacts. Half of the models have wireless charging, why would they spend money on charging contacts?

The 6 blackberry fans who care won't be enough revenue for the hundreds of thousands it would cost to put in charging contacts.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 08:39 PM
    I don't think hashtags work outside of Twitter.

From a Z30
    01-19-15 09:08 PM
    Sure, but those micro usb contacts will wear out sooner or later, while external charging contacts are robust and may last forever.
    I've never actually owned a device of any kind that outlived it's microusb port. I don't know where that argument comes from...

I agree that charging contacts would be cool, maybe even something like the macbook has for charging, though that would be another accessory to buy. I'm sure with the number of devices being sold today there isn't enough profit to be made from selling that accessory VS incorporating it into every BlackBerry device
    01-19-15 10:06 PM
    I've never actually owned a device of any kind that outlived it's microusb port. I don't know where that argument comes from...

I agree that charging contacts would be cool, maybe even something like the macbook has for charging, though that would be another accessory to buy. I'm sure with the number of devices being sold today there isn't enough profit to be made from selling that accessory VS incorporating it into every BlackBerry device
    I had 2 devices with broken micro USB ports. Both had alternative way of charging and I continued using them afterwards thanks to that. I don't like Apple but they nailed it with the uni-side connector.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-15 10:12 PM
    I did. My 9100 Pearl, which is a personal scource where the argument comes from.

Trying to fix it for the fun of it, I already got a replacement part microusb port.

However I'm afraid my soldering skills might not be enough after all, even despite my fancy screen name (google it, choose images, you might get a smile).
    01-20-15 12:40 AM