I'm waiting for the toolbelt. If no toolbelt, then no blackberry.
    08-11-14 08:01 PM
    No single blackberry will "sell well". The blackberry fans are so divided on what they want and there's not enough of us to make a difference on a large scale. I can't believe people actually think that a "toolbelt" or a hard key phone button (relics of the past) will be the difference between abysmal sales and good ones.

This is coming from someone who is very excited about the classic and very happy to see the toolbelt added. But in no ways would I suggest that there's anyone on this good earth debating if they should go for the newest HTC or blackberry because the toolbelt is finally back.

This move was a smart one. But only from an enterprise standpoint. It's not going to change much in the consumer market. And I don't think blackberry thinks it will either.

Posted via CB10
    when i say sell well i mean sell more than blackberrys other offerings not that it will make ppl drop their android or iphones for one. their is alot of ppl incl myself that did not upgrade to bb10 due to the lack of the belt. if every bbos user upgrades to the classic it will sell well

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    phuoc likes this.
    08-11-14 08:40 PM
    I belong to none of the above. I don't love it because I'm not too fond of the form factor, and not at all fond of the 3-row keyboard. I'm not "on the fence" because I've pretty much decided it's not for me. And I do not in any way use my own personal preference as a standard for others, so I don't have the opinion that it has "no chance." I don't pretend to know how it would perform with other people, I hope it does well, it's simply not for me personally...
    That's what I meant. There are 3 groups of thought and "individuals" like yourself fall into a category. YOU specifically fall into NO CHANCE because of the reasons you don't like it. Meaning for YOU there is NO CHANCE. You are right that your decision is independent of any other persons and I agree I hope it does well too.

I didn't mean that any individual would be assessing or forming an opinion for anyone other than themselves. I just meant each individual fit into a category: will buy, on the fence, or won't buy.

Sent from my...go ahead and guess?
    08-11-14 09:15 PM
    I still can fathom that a person would stick to a bbos device because bb10 didn't have a toolbelt. The q10 is a fantastic device if that's the kind of device you're into. Modern browser, big keyboard, bigger screen, android apps, great battery and so on. Unless you are tied to bbos and enterprise, I simply can't see.why any one would stick to a curve or bold over a q10.

That being said, I'm hoping to god that this conversation can finally end with the classic. And if all you holdouts upgrade then the more the better for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 09:23 PM
    No single blackberry will "sell well". The blackberry fans are so divided on what they want and there's not enough of us to make a difference on a large scale. I can't believe people actually think that a "toolbelt" or a hard key phone button (relics of the past) will be the difference between abysmal sales and good ones.

This is coming from someone who is very excited about the classic and very happy to see the toolbelt added. But in no ways would I suggest that there's anyone on this good earth debating if they should go for the newest HTC or blackberry because the toolbelt is finally back.

This move was a smart one. But only from an enterprise standpoint. It's not going to change much in the consumer market. And I don't think blackberry thinks it will either.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, no single BlackBerry will entice multitudes from their Appledroids. Certainly not the Q20. The Q10, Z10 and even the mighty Z30 isn't enticing them either. What will?? The PP? Maybe.

The Q20 can fill a niche that ONLY BlackBerry is equipped for. Like BB itself, Q20 market share will be insignificant to the Appledroid world. But VERY significant to the BB world.

Don't know much about HTC but I interact routinely with 4 companies contemplating transition to Q20. One has committed. Added together that'd represent about 150 devices. Small #s for Appledroid but... The belt with physical keys are their stated motives. Commit or contemplate, there IS growing dissatisfaction with glass, IMO. My company, interestingly, might not go Q20 if its handicapped with a fixed battery but that's another story.
    08-11-14 09:25 PM
    That's what I meant. There are 3 groups of thought and "individuals" like yourself fall into a category. YOU specifically fall into NO CHANCE because of the reasons you don't like it. Meaning for YOU there is NO CHANCE. You are right that your decision is independent of any other persons and I agree I hope it does well too.

I didn't mean that any individual would be assessing or forming an opinion for anyone other than themselves. I just meant each individual fit into a category: will buy, on the fence, or won't buy.

Oh, thought by no chance you are saying the person believes the phone has no chance as in it won't sell well. Lol

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Last edited by slagman5; 08-14-14 at 02:08 AM.
    08-11-14 09:47 PM
    I think they are concentrating on the passport at the moment but in time the classic will get a look in!

Posted via CB10
    08-14-14 12:17 AM
    Yep, no single BlackBerry will entice multitudes from their Appledroids. Certainly not the Q20. The Q10, Z10 and even the mighty Z30 isn't enticing them either. What will?? The PP? Maybe.

The Q20 can fill a niche that ONLY BlackBerry is equipped for. Like BB itself, Q20 market share will be insignificant to the Appledroid world. But VERY significant to the BB world.

Don't know much about HTC but I interact routinely with 4 companies contemplating transition to Q20. One has committed. Added together that'd represent about 150 devices. Small #s for Appledroid but... The belt with physical keys are their stated motives. Commit or contemplate, there IS growing dissatisfaction with glass, IMO. My company, interestingly, might not go Q20 if its handicapped with a fixed battery but that's another story.
    It's interesting. Other than than the obvious answer/end buttons on the ToolBelt nobody really knows yet how the Home/BlackBerry Key, the Back Key, and the Track Pad will interact with the OS10. I'm excited about learning how the ToolBelt will be integrated. Poor integration could make for a very confused group of people who do choose it.

08-15-14 05:21 PM
    It's interesting. Other than than the obvious answer/end buttons on the ToolBelt nobody really knows yet how the Home/BlackBerry Key, the Back Key, and the Track Pad will interact with the OS10. I'm excited about learning how the ToolBelt will be integrated. Poor integration could make for a very confused group of people who do choose it.

+1000, poor integration can break the whole experience. One would hope that given BBRY's experience with the tool belt they would remember how, and why, it worked. ?? But i agree, BBRY has managed to forget some of the most obvious things. Waiting to see how it works before committing is always my advice. One of the companies i mentioned has committed anyway.
    08-15-14 05:36 PM
34 12