Why is there no talk about the Classic, and it's eventual launch to the world?
    Don't get me wrong, I am totally stoked about the Passport but.....there is another phone coming out that could also end up being a game changer for BlackBerry.
    I am just a little bit stunned on the fact there isn't a "buzz" around the classic as well.
    Is it because it's a flashback to what once was? Home keys and track pads? Not being different?
    What's your opinion?

Posted via my ?Vic20?
    08-09-14 03:57 PM
    As you said it's like the old blackberry. Not too exciting but will be loved by enterprise users.

Sent from my N5
    08-09-14 03:58 PM
    You'll see details very soon. Next 1-2 weeks we should have many details to share, at least about the internals.

Posted via CB10
    KDB84 likes this.
    08-09-14 04:26 PM
    They are likely focusing on the Passport first, then after that launches, then they might focus on the Classic. Don't want to split their potential buyers because there's so few of them already, lol.
    08-09-14 05:48 PM
    It's not time yet, lol.

Wait till the Passport rolls out then.....

On to the next one.
    illlya likes this.
    08-09-14 05:57 PM
    It's not time yet, lol.

Wait till the Passport rolls out then.....

On to the next one.
    Absolutely Bla1ze... one at a time. I can't handle two new phone discussions. Passport Passport Passport... I want it in India soon...

Posted via CB10
    08-09-14 06:03 PM
    Classic will have its time soon

Posted via CB10
    08-10-14 12:59 AM
    When we'll get 10.3.1 we'll have more info be patient

posted via my Q10SQN100-3/10.3.0.xxx (don't ask)
    08-10-14 02:02 AM
    It would be poor marketing practice for BBRY to over shadow release of the Passport with Q20 distractions. Passport is a marketing gamble. Q20 represents a pretty safe thing that can stand ready to "pick up the pieces" should the PP gamble turn out poorly. Smart. Frustrating for those of us in decision making roles but smart on Chen's part.

As far as discussions around here, we've over chewed on every last tidbit of the frustratingly limited data available. Little left to chew on... For now...
    08-10-14 09:51 AM
    Both should be launched together!!, none of this split crap like z q launch crap. I for one won't buy a passport without trying the classic 1st to make up my mind which serves me better... In speaking with other bb users I know who are still on bolds, z10 and q10s, we're all in the same boat ZERO upgrades until both out. Know too many who did the z10 and regretted it once the q10 came out.

No one wants that mess again.

So either fast brisk sales if both devs launched or super slow passport sales and lost momentum when classic out.
    Last edited by diehardbbuser; 08-10-14 at 11:05 AM.
    08-10-14 10:35 AM
    Good points. You might be right. On the other hand, at least a few of us plan to purchase PP's AND Q20s. Hard for me to see how numbers add up that way. Guess we'll see.

The last thing BBRY needs at this point is another half baked intro... like a keyboard without keyboard shortcuts... or something similarly ridiculous.
    08-10-14 10:48 AM
    Plus, I believe they now should release sales figures as combined all devs and worldwide. So no reason to launch both separately.. Doesn't Make a difference if passport outsells classic or vice versa as long as they get the sale!!
    08-10-14 11:08 AM
    I agree - they're focusing on the new form and technology that is the Passport - focus will shift to the Classic when the time comes. Though, I'm waiting for it over the Passport
    08-11-14 12:00 PM
    IMO there are 3 groups of thought on the Passport.

Love it!

On the Fence

No Chance

BlackBerry wants to move as many people from being "On the Fence" to "Love It" so they'll buy it. Giving to much info about the Classic may sway those "On the Fence" to go with the Classic instead. I think ideally BlackBerry wants to sell as many Passports as possible because it's a key differentiator in the market place. Passports in the Wild will grab attention while Classic will grab more of the same negative uneducated commentary. Like I said, just my opinion.

Sent from my...go ahead and guess?
    08-11-14 12:13 PM
    It wouldn't make sense for them to market the Classic heavily when the Passport is being released first.

Plus, most people "know" what you're getting with the Classic as it's the traditional BlackBerry.
    08-11-14 02:01 PM
    IMO there are 3 groups of thought on the Passport.

Love it!

On the Fence

No Chance

BlackBerry wants to move as many people from being "On the Fence" to "Love It" so they'll buy it. Giving to much info about the Classic may sway those "On the Fence" to go with the Classic instead. I think ideally BlackBerry wants to sell as many Passports as possible because it's a key differentiator in the market place. Passports in the Wild will grab attention while Classic will grab more of the same negative uneducated commentary. Like I said, just my opinion.

Sent from my...go ahead and guess?
    I belong to none of the above. I don't love it because I'm not too fond of the form factor, and not at all fond of the 3-row keyboard. I'm not "on the fence" because I've pretty much decided it's not for me. And I do not in any way use my own personal preference as a standard for others, so I don't have the opinion that it has "no chance." I don't pretend to know how it would perform with other people, I hope it does well, it's simply not for me personally...
    so crow likes this.
    08-11-14 02:35 PM
    While the Passport does have physical keyboard. It more closely resembles a full touch device since the keyboard is capacitive, supports gestures and doubles as a track pad. The lack of buzz around the classic signals another nail in the coffin for plain old physical QWERTY keyboards.
    08-11-14 03:11 PM
    While the Passport does have physical keyboard. It more closely resembles a full touch device since the keyboard is capacitive, supports gestures and doubles as a track pad. The lack of buzz around the classic signals another nail in the coffin for plain old physical QWERTY keyboards.
    the lack of buzz about the classic is not an indicator of its demise. the classic will sell. i bet it sells the most of any bb. ppl know what there getting with the classic a solid preformer. it does not need buzz to sell ppl are waiting for it since before q10

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    08-11-14 05:17 PM
    the lack of buzz about the classic is not an indicator of its demise. the classic will sell. i bet it sells the most of any bb. ppl know what there getting with the classic a solid preformer. it does not need buzz to sell ppl are waiting for it since before q10

I can almost guarantee the Classic will not sell more than any BlackBerry. No wait I do guarantee.
    08-11-14 05:32 PM
    i guess we will see. last year the bold os7 device out sold all other units thats why they made the classic so i suspect ur wrong. time will tell i guess

08-11-14 05:36 PM
    i guess we will see. last year the bold os7 device out sold all other units thats why they made the classic so i suspect ur wrong. time will tell i guess

Yes, last year. This year BB10 is and the best selling device is the all touch Z10.
    08-11-14 05:39 PM
    Yes, last year. This year BB10 is and the best selling device is the all touch Z10.
    lol thats because the classic isnt out yet

08-11-14 06:24 PM
    lol thats because the classic isnt out yet

No, but the Q10 and Q5 are. If they are any indicator of how well The Classic will sell then I predict a disappointment.
    08-11-14 06:35 PM
    No, but the Q10 and Q5 are. If they are any indicator of how well The Classic will sell then I predict a disappointment.
    q10 didnt sell well because it didnt have the toolbelt thats why the bold sales went nuts, ppl wanted an upgrade but the q10 didnt cut it. the classic is the majic formula u watch

08-11-14 06:39 PM
    No single blackberry will "sell well". The blackberry fans are so divided on what they want and there's not enough of us to make a difference on a large scale. I can't believe people actually think that a "toolbelt" or a hard key phone button (relics of the past) will be the difference between abysmal sales and good ones.

This is coming from someone who is very excited about the classic and very happy to see the toolbelt added. But in no ways would I suggest that there's anyone on this good earth debating if they should go for the newest HTC or blackberry because the toolbelt is finally back.

This move was a smart one. But only from an enterprise standpoint. It's not going to change much in the consumer market. And I don't think blackberry thinks it will either.

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 07:58 PM
34 12