Phone Addict Here..................

Just placed my order for my Verizon Classic today. I have been rocking a Iphone 6+ for a few months. I have fired up my Z30 to get back into the Blackberry groove and enjoyed it. After spending a lot of time (probably too much) reading about the Classic and one thing really stood out to me..

Many people posted and chatted about the phone that they enjoyed the most in their lifetime and for me (and many others) it was my old BlackBerry 9900. I had that things flying for years and was never so comfortable with a phone before or since. It was in the heyday of Blackberry when "everyone" had one. I recall how much I liked that phone and how I wasn't always on the hunt for the "Next" phone. I was just happy with what I had.

I am hoping that the Classic will bring me back to those days when I spent the time setting up my phone just the way I liked it and then just enjoyed it and didn't worry about what may come out next month or about some update that may or may not arrive and may or may not work. BB 10.3 sounds great and for what I use a phone for it will be good enough for a long time. This may be wishful thinking on my part, but I am going to give it a good shot. Going to just carry the Classic, put the Iphone and Z30 in the drawer, sell my Nexus 6 and my Droid Turbo...

I want to return to a simpler time in my life when I had a phone that met all my business and personal needs and didn't spend hours upon hours looking for that perfect device....
    Ecm and Gatmyer like this.
    03-04-15 02:45 PM
    Hope it is the phone of your dreams.............
    anon(5061193) likes this.
    03-04-15 02:49 PM
    Nicely written! I think you'll enjoy it.

I recently had a chance to play with one while helping a friend set up their new Classic. He too was a diehard 9900 fan. He finally decided to give the Classic a try. The only problem now is that he won't shut up about it! I get bbm's at all hours when he finds a new feature he loves.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as my buddy.
    03-04-15 02:54 PM
    Nicely written! I think you'll enjoy it.

I recently had a chance to play with one while helping a friend set up their new Classic. He too was a diehard 9900 fan. He finally decided to give the Classic a try. The only problem now is that he won't shut up about it! I get bbm's at all hours when he finds a new feature he loves.

Hope you enjoy yours as much as my buddy.

Sounds like my kind of guy!!
    03-04-15 02:59 PM
    Hope you'll enjoy the Classic just as much as you used to love your Bold 9900!

What could one phone addict and another phone addict chat about???

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 03:48 PM
    Let's talk about how freaking awesome the Classic is..

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:06 PM
    I disagree that the 9900 was the heyday of BlackBerry. When I picked up the (9900 equivalent) 9930, it was when most people I knew already moved to an iphone. The true banner device when everyone I knew had a BlackBerry was the 9000 Bold.

I remember being on a business trip with my field rep peers to hq, and I was one of two reps on a team of 15 that still had a BlackBerry, and my new 9930 at that. I remember showing them the "new" os with full touch screen, drop down notifications, sliding home row in the dock, etc. They were all like "yeah, BlackBerry is dead to me."
    03-04-15 05:29 PM
    You will love the classic it's the old with the new an awesome wonderful device Welcome to the Classic Family!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 05:34 PM
    I disagree that the 9900 was the heyday of BlackBerry. When I picked up the (9900 equivalent) 9930, it was when most people I knew already moved to an iphone. The true banner device when everyone I knew had a BlackBerry was the 9000 Bold.

I remember being on a business trip with my field rep peers to hq, and I was one of two reps on a team of 15 that still had a BlackBerry, and my new 9930 at that. I remember showing them the "new" os with full touch screen, drop down notifications, sliding home row in the dock, etc. They were all like "yeah, BlackBerry is dead to me."
    I remember the day I got my 8330. "Wow you must be important you have a Blackberry" I just wanted to not have a razr like everyone else. Lol
    jfolland likes this.
    03-04-15 05:49 PM
    BBM was so important to me back then.. It was the best. Now I hardly know a person who uses it. It is all imessage and Whatsapp... I love BBM, but don't have anyone to talk to
    03-04-15 06:04 PM
    I remember the day I got my 8330. "Wow you must be important you have a Blackberry" I just wanted to not have a razr like everyone else. Lol
    I miss my 8330.

Posted via CB10 on my Big Red Classic!
    anon(19759) and brdl04 like this.
    03-04-15 06:46 PM
    BBM was so important to me back then.. It was the best. Now I hardly know a person who uses it. It is all imessage and Whatsapp... I love BBM, but don't have anyone to talk to
    I agree. None of my contacts use BBM too.
    My girlfriend went to Barcelona for a trip, so we had to find a solution for texting.
    BBM doesn't worked well on her iPhone and was draining the battery a lot ! So I installed Whatsapp and everything works great. It's super fast, it uses less battery than BBM on MY phone and the UI is better on my Q10 and full support emojis ( I don't care, but now it's the standard) .
    So here I am, using a non-native app and the general feeling is better than the most famous BlackBerry app on my BlackBerry.
    03-05-15 12:27 AM
    I have to say that day one with the Classic was a little bit of a letdown. The device is well made and feels great in the hand, but after playing with it for a few hours I started to realize that I had become so good typing on a virtual keyboard the real keyboard was cramped and not so easy anymore. I am sure with time I will get better and faster, but the real keyboard was a big tradeoff for the smaller screen and I am not so sure about it.

The Classic does have that Bold feel to it. Actually it is EXACTLY like my old Bold which I loved so much. But aside from nostalgia I am not so sure this is where I want to be in 2015. It is definitely cool and retro, but when you put it up against the Z30 or Z10 or maybe the Leap... It seems old.... That may be a good thing for some but I am not sold yet...

It is like meeting the old girlfriend from high school... you remember that hot body and beautiful features, but then you see her at the reunion 20 years later it is like....Damn.... You wished that you never saw her again and just remembered what she was like back then.... My reunion with the Bold/Classic may be short lived.... But I will take her out for a few drinks anyway... LOL.... I mean, I will keep the phone for a little while
    Seff5677 and eyesopen1111 like this.
    03-07-15 06:33 AM
    Sry to hear that. For me, my all time fav was always the 97xx bold series. I loved the battery and the new trackpad. The 9900 had to weak battery performance. However, I know exactly what you mean when you are talking about the ONE device that let you forget about all the hype for new smartphones and features and stuff. For me the classic is exactly THAT device. It's just so good and truly brings together the best from the 'old' berries and merges it with 2015 technology.

Get used to it believe me. Learn how to use remember properly, re-learn all the shortcuts, select a tinier font (!!! THIS will make your screen even 'bigger' when it comes to text consumption !!!), learn about the advantages of the infamous trackpad again. And i am totally convinced that you will find yourself back in the old mood of the good old days ;-)

Only difference: use whatsapp instead of bbm and alls good again.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 06:57 AM
    I have to say that day one with the Classic was a little bit of a letdown. The device is well made and feels great in the hand, but after playing with it for a few hours I started to realize that I had become so good typing on a virtual keyboard the real keyboard was cramped and not so easy anymore. I am sure with time I will get better and faster, but the real keyboard was a big tradeoff for the smaller screen and I am not so sure about it.

The Classic does have that Bold feel to it. Actually it is EXACTLY like my old Bold which I loved so much. But aside from nostalgia I am not so sure this is where I want to be in 2015. It is definitely cool and retro, but when you put it up against the Z30 or Z10 or maybe the Leap... It seems old.... That may be a good thing for some but I am not sold yet...

It is like meeting the old girlfriend from high school... you remember that hot body and beautiful features, but then you see her at the reunion 20 years later it is like....Damn.... You wished that you never saw her again and just remembered what she was like back then.... My reunion with the Bold/Classic may be short lived.... But I will take her out for a few drinks anyway... LOL.... I mean, I will keep the phone for a little while
    I had two classics one after two weeks the shift key didn't respond with a click not knowing if you press it. the second better but it didn't show all the quick setting even when they were checked and it just lag in opening apps all of them. it just fell old so I'm back on my Z I'm thing about the Z30 I don't need the keyboard any more.
    03-07-15 08:57 AM
    I am not giving up. It was just my initial thoughts. I am looking for a simpler and more efficient phone and this is definitely it. This is a far cry from my iphone 6+ and some other phones that I had recently.

The app gap is nothing I am going to stress about. This phone is going to be my workhorse for emails texts and phone calls. I used the navigation app last night and it was great. The hub will keep me organized and I hope the battery can last me my long busy day.

Posted via CB10
    Mic_JP likes this.
    03-07-15 09:04 AM
    Classic is an awesome device. Good choice Broheemziacs.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 12:44 AM
    Too bad you didnt like classic on the first day, but after few drinks I wish you find out inside she's still that same foxy babe you once loved.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 03:20 AM
    I sent it back.... I don't see anything about it that I like over the Z30. I thought the keyboard was important, but flicking is much better... Glad I tried it, I will just keep flicking my Z30 until the next all-touch comes out
    03-10-15 07:41 AM