Hello all,

I was really excited when I heard about the Classic launch and my excitement lasted until I got a hold of the device. I still loved it although it wasn't compelling enough for me to switch from my beloved Z10. Yes, I am dying to get back on a physical keyboard but, I think Blackberry made a mistake prioritizing touch-only devices (specs wise) over where their true expertise shines (qwerty)

When I think of BB, I think of hard keys, red light and stupendously productive piece of machine. I also think of something very classy and subtle which other phones just can't provide.

I just read that BB is working on the next gen Classic and I am just hoping that this version will truly reflect that flagship status. Me and 5 of my close friends come to a conclusion that if the following device was built, we would pay anything between $750-$1,000 (unlocked) without any hesitation. I hope the final product will be somewhat similar to this.

- Higher screen resolution
    - Same size
    - Improved tactile feedback from the keys (similar to Q10)
    - Better material selection (especially back cover - no rubber please)
    - Back cover can be similar to Q10
    - Smaller BB logo (yes a tiny reduction would change the way it looks dramatically)
    - Illuminated trackpad (absolute must)
    - 3-4 GB ram
    - High Performance CPU
    - Black, white and bronze color options available at the launch
    - Very high quality earbuds with equally good sound. The reason for that is people would use these headphones if they were really high quality and had a cool design. Not only with their Blackberrys but also with their other devices as well (think of original iPod earbuds) it would enhance BB's brand recognition dramatically if only half of the BB owners used their original, high quality ear buds on a regular basis.

This would be our dream device and BB has already got 6 customers waiting

Please let me know what you think...
    Last edited by bb_luver; 05-12-15 at 03:21 AM. Reason: addition
    Akshay kumar22 likes this.
    05-12-15 02:28 AM
    Kinda gets boring to read ten threads a Day about this. Of course we would all want this.

Posted via CB10
    andy957, D.Vader, eliirodz and 1 others like this.
    05-12-15 02:47 AM
    You dont like the rubber?

Posted via CB10
    Jiggy1971 likes this.
    05-12-15 02:56 AM
    Not really. It kinda conflicts with that high-quality BB image in my opinion. Q10's back cover is nice though.
    yueytan likes this.
    05-12-15 03:07 AM
    Apparently we are not posting enough since these issues still aren't fixed.
    05-12-15 03:09 AM
    In other words you are looking for a phone that isn't going to be made!

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 10:11 AM
    What u mean made a mistake with all touch a lot of people don't want a keyboard

Posted via CB10
    05-12-15 11:29 AM
    You dont like the rubber?

Posted via CB10
    Hate rubbers...just doesn't feel the same?

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    05-12-15 11:37 AM
    Hate rubbers...just doesn't feel the same?

Posted via CB10 with my AT&T Classic
    There's some controversial marketing for ya:

BareBackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    anon6040766 and sully_p like this.
    05-12-15 12:09 PM
    I hope they make a Passport two with all those features. No trackpad, 3 row keyboard.

Ya know, a modern device.

Not a 9900 clone.

Work Wide and Prosper
    05-12-15 12:11 PM
    Hey you never know right? BB brought back the toolbelt because people asked for it. I also think this would be the right choice for the BB as they claim to be the premium segment brand. You cannot be perceived as premium if you just keep pushing out models with mid level specs and mediocre material quailty.
    05-12-15 02:04 PM
    I really like it. I would like them to keep the same size, better resolution. I like a rubbery back as it makes it more grippable vs a slick one which I hate! More power but at least equal battery life. Better Camera. More apps would be good as well. I have Spotify and uber which are my most important but the extra power would let them load faster. Just need a financial calculator app really and also One Note app. To me this is almost the perfect phone for what I need it to do and in my mind the best blackberry you can buy. I tried out the Passport side by side with the Classic and did not like the form factor and prefer the Classic keyboard and toolbelt! Just make it faster and load apps faster. Also a flashlight dedicated button might be good on side!
    08-03-15 11:21 PM
    The problem is, they think specs don't matter.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    andy957 likes this.
    08-03-15 11:44 PM
    +1

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 12:28 AM
    Hello all,

I was really excited when I heard about the Classic launch and my excitement lasted until I got a hold of the device. I still loved it although it wasn't compelling enough for me to switch from my beloved Z10. Yes, I am dying to get back on a physical keyboard but, I think Blackberry made a mistake prioritizing touch-only devices (specs wise) over where their true expertise shines (qwerty)

When I think of BB, I think of hard keys, red light and stupendously productive piece of machine. I also think of something very classy and subtle which other phones just can't provide.

I just read that BB is working on the next gen Classic and I am just hoping that this version will truly reflect that flagship status. Me and 5 of my close friends come to a conclusion that if the following device was built, we would pay anything between $750-$1,000 (unlocked) without any hesitation. I hope the final product will be somewhat similar to this.

- Higher screen resolution
    - Same size
    - Improved tactile feedback from the keys (similar to Q10)
    - Better material selection (especially back cover - no rubber please)
    - Back cover can be similar to Q10
    - Smaller BB logo (yes a tiny reduction would change the way it looks dramatically)
    - Illuminated trackpad (absolute must)
    - 3-4 GB ram
    - High Performance CPU
    - Black, white and bronze color options available at the launch
    - Very high quality earbuds with equally good sound. The reason for that is people would use these headphones if they were really high quality and had a cool design. Not only with their Blackberrys but also with their other devices as well (think of original iPod earbuds) it would enhance BB's brand recognition dramatically if only half of the BB owners used their original, high quality ear buds on a regular basis.

This would be our dream device and BB has already got 6 customers waiting

Please let me know what you think...
    Where did you read that Blackberry is working on a next gen Classic?

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    08-04-15 01:02 AM
    Not really. It kinda conflicts with that high-quality BB image in my opinion. Q10's back cover is nice though.
    I love the rubber cuz I never have to worry about what surface I put the phone down on. It never gets damaged!

Posted via CB10
    08-04-15 03:55 AM
    Dreamaemmmm , Dream Dream Dream .
    08-04-15 05:01 AM
    I think Blackberry made a mistake prioritizing touch-only devices (specs wise) over where their true expertise shines (qwerty)
    The Passport is a very nice phone and I was all about getting the classic until I got my hands on the Passport. While it does lack the utility belt, it packs a great screen and the keyboard has been a breeze to adopt to.
    08-04-15 02:19 PM
    Apparently we are not posting enough since these issues still aren't fixed.
    The Classic was created to be cost effective great phone for start ups that want to provide secure devices that can be email crunchers. If you want a premium phone you want the Passport.
    08-04-15 02:20 PM
    The problem is, they think specs don't matter.

Who is they? If Specs and Keyboard matter get a Passport (like you have already done).
    08-04-15 02:21 PM
    I have a Classic and don't think it's fast enough.

Even so, I would argue that specs *don't* matter.

What matters is the device is snappy to use and shows no lag.

The existing Classic is not quite at that level, but not that far off.
    08-04-15 04:53 PM
    Who is they? If Specs and Keyboard matter get a Passport (like you have already done).
    It looks like you are. Why shouldn't OP want both the form factor and the power?

WES51 likes this.
    08-04-15 08:03 PM
    Prior to launch there were many people that felt "spec don't matter" same ones complaining about the lag. I petitioned for 3gb RAM from day one. You can never have enough RAM and with a sub par processor the lack of is more noticeable.

The Classic is what it is. I have just adjusted myself to use only BBW apps or apks that do not require Google Play to be loaded on your phone. I have also eliminated the unnecessary IMF and nuance file through Sachesi. By keeping Gplay and the other apps required off my phone I have almost 1.5gb of free RAM before I start using the phone. I also clean and reset it once a day.
    08-04-15 08:06 PM
    I have a Classic and don't think it's fast enough.

Even so, I would argue that specs *don't* matter.

What matters is the device is snappy to use and shows no lag.

The existing Classic is not quite at that level, but not that far off.
    We can discuss the semantics again and again but not sure when you will understand it's a semantics problem.

Better specs improves the snappiness and no-lagness, especially when the software is essentially the same.

We want the same thing but you will insist what you want is different.

08-04-15 08:09 PM
    Wow, I'm surprised OP mentioned nothing about the battery... that's a huge miss.

The next Classic needs the Passport sized battery at the very least. We need an absolute beast of a device that really goes all day with no issues at all. The Passport is nice but too wide for my likings. Give the Classic a epic battery and I'm all in!!!
    08-04-15 08:42 PM
29 12