I've got my first Blackberry today and I've gone for the Classic! I love the design and the keyboard a lot! I've been doing research on this phone for months and finally I've got it! I have a few silly questions I want to ask!
    1. When you charge the Classic should it heat up? Mine kinda warm like you're holding a glass of warm~quite hot water, I don't kniw if that's normal?
    2. I want to update my phone to the latest software! Should I update the software OTA or should I use a conputer? Some said OTA might not be stable because the wireless connection isn't stable all the way through!
    Hope you guys can help me! Thanks in advance...
    09-11-15 03:18 AM
    I've got my first Blackberry today and I've gone for the Classic! I love the design and the keyboard a lot! I've been doing research on this phone for months and finally I've got it! I have a few silly questions I want to ask!
    1. When you charge the Classic should it heat up? Mine kinda warm like you're holding a glass of warm~quite hot water, I don't kniw if that's normal?
    2. I want to update my phone to the latest software! Should I update the software OTA or should I use a conputer? Some said OTA might not be stable because the wireless connection isn't stable all the way through!
    My answer to both of your questions would be.. update your phone to the latest official release i.e. 2639. It'll solve your device heating up problem.

You can do it OTA. There is no point going for a leak at least now because the latest official is same as the last leak available.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    09-11-15 04:06 AM
    I've got my first Blackberry today
    Brave boy!
    Yes. This is a silly thing: if you pump energy into an accu it gets warm. This is lost heat because of it's inner resistor. The device himself should control this.
    2. I want to update my phone to the latest software! Should I update the software OTA or should I use a conputer?
    I prefer official updates OTA, because I don't need any other software or device for that. But you can decide this on your own.
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    09-11-15 04:27 AM
    Brave boy! Yes. This is a silly thing: if you pump energy into an accu it gets warm. This is lost heat because of it's inner resistor. The device himself should control this. I prefer official updates OTA, because I don't need any other software or device for that. But you can decide this on your own.
    Thank you for your help... Btw I'm a girl...
    09-11-15 05:17 AM
    My answer to both of your questions would be.. update your phone to the latest official release i.e. 2639. It'll solve your device heating up problem.

You can do it OTA. There is no point going for a leak at least now because the latest official is same as the last leak available.

Z30 / STA100-2 /10.3.2.2639
    Thank you...
    09-11-15 05:18 AM
    Welcome aboard Girl hope you enjoy your new Classic We all do. Take some time to go through all the settings and read some posts here and you will be good to go .Blackberry Link always notifies me if there is a new OS available .
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    09-11-15 06:07 AM
    Hey!!!! Congratulations!!!! I'm glad you picked awesome classic and I'm sure every passing hour with the classic will be a love affair. First update through original OTA update using stable wi fi connection and then get back to us on how you're finding the phones responsiveness, stability, clarity and typing feel. I can guarantee you will be very happy and positive on the classic overall. Good luck and welcome!!

Posted via CB10
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    09-11-15 06:28 AM
    It does get warm when charging. The battery cover is very thin so you feel the battery.

OTA updates suck. They take up extra system storage they don't need. You can find autoloaders here on CB. Simple to install and they don't use unnecessary storage.

As for the newest update 2639, the radio from that leak may cause your battery to drain quicker, bug out your system cpu, and make your phone hot. There's a way to use different radios from earlier stable releases like the 799 radio.

If you need help just ask.

BBClassic10.3.2.2639-799Radio
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    09-11-15 08:14 AM
    Hey, welcome to the club. Most people already answered your question regarding the battery. About the updates, I prefer to just load the leaks and not wait for the OTA. To be safe, I wait to see if a leak becomes official before I load it though. Don't want to be the guinea pig for an untested OS... I think this latest one is official, there's an article on it on the main page, you can then get it from the leak forum. :-)

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    09-11-15 08:42 AM
    Welcome!! Also, mine did heat up quite a bit the first day. After that, it has been fine. No heat and the battery life is superb.

Posted via Classic - 10.3.2.2639 
    Sakura1210 likes this.
    09-11-15 09:30 AM