It's not sticking out because of design, t sticks out because the phone is thinner than the camera module. You can only make those cameras so thin. I agree with you in the thin department, I don't need my phones to be any thinner at this point, we have gone beyond usefulness in being thin. That being said, I guess BB doesn't agree so they landed on this design. So theres a camera bulge, and you cant have both. I assume if apple cant do it, then BB wouldn't be the first.
    I REALLY don't get this whole thin obsession... Imagine if the camera lens would be slightly recessed, so there's less chance of it scratching, and imagine the internal battery being just a little larger in capacity because of the slight extra thickness that nobody would have noticed... Yah, makes too much sense, I know... smh
    10-12-14 11:51 PM
    Does it look like a "chrome ring" around the track pad to anyone else? Chrome ring is what lights up on 9900... ??
    10-13-14 01:30 AM
    We need to go on a future way and don't bring the past like this. Don't misunderstood my words, I'll be BlackBerry until I can, but there's some prototypes out there thousands times better than the classic. The passport shows that the market is for the new things because it's full of the same. Bring futuristic slider or some new pleeeaaaseee I really don't see how the classic will be against the passport (maybe in price) but passport looks stylish.

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 01:37 AM
    Efficiency should never go out of style. The all glass Storm was at least a year earlier than the TrackPad. Which is truly older technology? Trackpad provides efficient precision to BB10. I have yet to get my hands on a Passport so can't speak to it's navigational proficiency. But there is a market, however slight, tiring of the "glass parade" and craving efficient precision. My conjecture on that is that the large, relatively expensive, cutting edge Passport will make qwerty cool again. The smaller, less expensive, Classic will make qwerty affordable, portable and precise. Apple and Samsung wont even notice it's corner of market share but Blackberry is poised to regain its relevance. Classic is a part of that.
    UrbanGlowCam and bigjman like this.
    10-13-14 02:02 AM
    We need to go on a future way and don't bring the past like this. Don't misunderstood my words, I'll be BlackBerry until I can, but there's some prototypes out there thousands times better than the classic. The passport shows that the market is for the new things because it's full of the same. Bring futuristic slider or some new pleeeaaaseee I really don't see how the classic will be against the passport (maybe in price) but passport looks stylish.
    You're in the wrong forum. Let me help you. BlackBerry Passport - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com
    idssteve likes this.
    10-13-14 02:02 AM
    not bad.. not bad..

BUT STILL I WANT MY PASSPORT!!
    10-13-14 04:28 AM
    But it is a freeking Classic after they moved to all touch.Does look a little big in hand but I want it in MY hand Now.
    Errr...I want this phone, but can BlackBerry please remove that branding "Classic" from the back? nobody calls themselves classic. It's a title bestowed upon

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 08:20 AM
    Beautiful.

(Warning.. ALL CAPS RAGE MOMENT BELOW)

JUST LOOK AT IT,,,, ME WANT NAOW!!! ROARRRR - lol

FFS BLACKBERRY RELEASE IT!!!
    10-13-14 08:47 AM
    Well I'm sold...
    Xenolock likes this.
    10-13-14 01:52 PM
    what type of charger classic will use, i ordered micro usb International travel charger on shopcrackberry i wish i wasnt wrong
    10-13-14 02:39 PM
    Looks like such a cheap product!!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    10-13-14 03:10 PM
    what type of charger classic will use, i ordered micro usb International travel charger on shopcrackberry i wish i wasnt wrong
    You should be able to use that just fine. I wouldn't worry.
    iaab likes this.
    10-13-14 03:53 PM
    Looks like such a cheap product!!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    No it does not.. It's a bold 9900 with a straight keyboard and Bb10... And the bold 9900 is still the best phone RIM ever made...
    10-13-14 05:41 PM
    I kind of feel like the materials on the backs of BlackBerrys have gone downhill after the Q10 and Z30.

I love my Passport but the soft rubberized plastic is nowhere near as nice as the Z30 or Q10's carbon weave material.

The Classic probably won't have the specs of the Passport, and it definitely won't have the new keyboard, so now that the materials aren't even as premium as the Q10, I sure hope this thing is at least cheap.

Oh, and can we get the illuminated trackpad back? Come on. They look awesome in the dark.
    10-13-14 06:21 PM
    I kind of feel like the materials on the backs of BlackBerrys have gone downhill after the Q10 and Z30.

I love my Passport but the soft rubberized plastic is nowhere near as nice as the Z30 or Q10's carbon weave material.

The Classic probably won't have the specs of the Passport, and it definitely won't have the new keyboard, so now that the materials aren't even as premium as the Q10, I sure hope this thing is at least cheap.

Oh, and can we get the illuminated trackpad back? Come on. They look awesome in the dark.
    I agree, I would prefer the glass weave for its strength and premium look. And a lighted trackpad would be nice too, but that could still be added before the final version...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    10-13-14 06:23 PM
    What a classic BlackBerry look! Love it!

Zoom Zoom Z30
    10-13-14 06:50 PM
    Why does the Q look so much wider than the Z and classic in that shot?

Oh, and I like the grippy back, I think the glass weave is too.slippery, but thats just me.
    10-13-14 07:12 PM
    In the last pic the whole toolbelt is lit up except for the trackpad... so will the trackpad be light up or not...? D:

Posted via CB10
    10-13-14 07:34 PM
    In the last pic the whole toolbelt is lit up except for the trackpad... so will the trackpad be light up or not...? D:

Posted via CB10
    My 9900's trackpad perimeter sometimes looks like it's not illuminated in photos. Might have something to do with using photo flash on the "chrome" looking ring. The 9900's trackpad perimeter looks like "chrome" when not illuminated. Classic's trackpad perimeter in these photos looks like it also might be similar to 99. ??
    10-13-14 07:53 PM
    Hopefully this comes out on Verizon, I'm missing out on the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    phuoc and Xenolock like this.
    10-13-14 11:24 PM
    Why does the Q look so much wider than the Z and classic in that shot?
    Your eyes are fooling you since the Q10 is closer. The Classic should be about 5-6mm wider. The Z30 should be about the same width as the Classic.

These shots are definitely an old prototype. I imagine the trackpad will light up, but there's a chance it won't, since it has a different appearance than the traditional ones. It's smaller.

Something interesting to note...the very first prototype that JC showed off didn't even have a ring around the trackpad, it was just a solid black piece. So there's a good chance that they have been polishing the device up and the ring was added later. We also know the model that I have been posting from Weibo is not the final. pp4e proved this to us with the rear of his looking newer, and more polished.

Maybe we can ask him if his trackpad lights up?

New Photos from DTBlackBerry-old_new_trackpad.jpg

Update: Birdy tells me some new details/pics may be dropping VERY soon.
    10-14-14 12:00 AM
    This phone looks huge. I think it's a little understyled. I wish they had used the same material and shape of the keys as the Passport keyboard. Doesn't look premium from these pictures, but I bet it'll be great in hand. I don't like the bar with the "Classic" branding. Cheapens it, especially with a sans serif typeface. Might have made it cursive. Or just left it off, it's awful.

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 12:35 AM
    For me the Classic is a Q5 succesor. No HDMI, non removeable battery, cheap backcover,lcd

Posted via CB10
    10-14-14 01:29 AM
    is this a micro sim device as well?

Posted via CB/Q10
    10-14-14 02:42 AM
    is this a micro sim device as well?

Posted via CB/Q10
    Some sites say 'MICRO' others say 'NANO'

No actual confirmation yet..... hope it's NANO.
    10-14-14 03:37 AM
77 1234