Just got a new classic for work. I�m coming from a 9780, then a 9900. I�m having some issues with notifications on the classic.

The new notification icon on the home page disappears as soon as I unlock my blackberry, even though I have not read the e-mail.

For example, my blackberry is locked, I receive an e-mail. With the screen still locked, I see a new email notification with the little red dot and star.

When I unlock (U + enter), I enter my password, press enter and get to the home page where I�ll see a new email notification on the bottom left. I don�t touch anything and a fraction of a second later, the new notification (red dot and star) disappear and only the regular icon appears. Now, if I go into the hub, the emails are still unread.

Do you guys know how to fix this? I�d like the new icon to appear as long as I don�t read the e-mail.

BTW, this is a work berry with 10.3 installed. Email is being synced with MS exchange.

Thanks!
    05-26-15 03:51 PM
    Just got a new classic for work. I’m coming from a 9780, then a 9900. I’m having some issues with notifications on the classic.

The new notification icon on the home page disappears as soon as I unlock my blackberry, even though I have not read the e-mail.

For example, my blackberry is locked, I receive an e-mail. With the screen still locked, I see a new email notification with the little red dot and star.

When I unlock (U + enter), I enter my password, press enter and get to the home page where I’ll see a new email notification on the bottom left. I don’t touch anything and a fraction of a second later, the new notification (red dot and star) disappear and only the regular icon appears. Now, if I go into the hub, the emails are still unread.

Do you guys know how to fix this? I’d like the new icon to appear as long as I don’t read the e-mail.

BTW, this is a work berry with 10.3 installed. Email is being synced with MS exchange.

Thanks!
    Hi! Welcome to CrackBerry <3! I don't think you can change that. The "new icon" is only supposed to notify you once until you use the phone. Same as the LED.
    05-26-15 05:01 PM
    Right, I agree about the LED. But if I recall correctly, on my previous 9780 / 9900, even if you acknowledged the new notifications through a phone unlock, the new message icon would still show in the app bar.
    05-26-15 07:46 PM
    I am experiencing a somewhat similar problem on my passport. The notification star does appear but vanishes after about 30 mns and whatever text message or email I got shows up as 'read' in the hub even though i haven't read it.
    06-01-15 04:25 PM