Hi, I'm currently using Blackberry Classic and no doubt its fantastic, battery life is awesome and is quite perfect for daily usage. But my Classic's power button is quite stiff now and also the condition isn't that much pleasant anymore(I've used it quite roughly ).

I'm going to sell this one; I was pretty sure about my decision to get new Classic but now in a second thought I'm thinking if I should make a change and go for different device. I've used Q10, Z10 and Z30, I'm not considering Z10 and Q10 but Z30 would be suitable as I think its beast in its own way. There are two other options as well; BB Leap and Passport.

What would you suggest? What would be the pros and cons of leaving BB Classic and to get the one you're suggesting?

So its: New Classic, Z30, Leap or Passport?

Waiting for your suggestions, I'm quite confused about to select one now.
    12-31-15 02:39 PM
    You should try the passport, it's a beast of a phone, fast, great battery, it will just take a bit to get use to the form factor.
    12-31-15 02:41 PM
    I own Classic, Passport and Z30. All three sit on the desk ready for use. My hand grabs Classic 90+% of the time. Passport has superior specs. Specs that Classic SHOULD have gotten, IMO. Passport's screen is unbeatable for PDFs. Its 1:1 is miserable for movies, IMO. Its 3 row keyboard is a frustrating "compromise", IMO. Its capacitive track is also a half hearted substitute for a real toolbelt, IMO. "Flick" typing just doesn't work well with unique nomenclatures in my particular industry. I can see where it might be great for writing speeches or magazine articles, tho.

My z30 gets used exclusively for wide movies.

In the end, Classic's toolbelt makes it the best singlehanded friendly device in current production. Mirracast or hdmi is always available for the few times my old eyes need bigger image, farther away. Lol. It's just a shame Classic didn't get PP, or at least z30, specs.
    12-31-15 03:50 PM
    If I were in this situation I would tend to go Leap just to try something new (so I'm ignoring classic for now though I use and love my classic right now). In the past I have used Z30, Z3 and Q5.

Though all three (PP, Z30 and Leap) are great and unique in their own way, let's break down their flaws based on REAL LIFE usage. These are just MY personal opinion.

Z30
    1. For me LCD is preferred over AMOLED
    2. Charging port on the side is frustrating when you want to type away lengthy messages while the phone is charging.
    3. Battery door tends to loosen up (so do volume keys) over regular use.

Passport
    1. Let's face it. It's very big. Yes it's fast but you don't feel other phones operating in slow motion either. If you are not using them with passport simultaneously you wouldn't even know.
    2. UNLESS you work predominantly with pdf or do document preparation / management of some sort, such a large square screen is pretty useless for daily "typical' phone usage notwithstanding it's beastly specs.

Leap
    1. No NFC but it hardly matters if you are not using phone for payments ( you can't since its BB10, can you?) or use the feature for file sharing. If not you don't miss this feature at all.

There are plenty of unique advantages each of these phones bring as well based on one's needs and phone preferences. I have only stated typical use case frustrations for you to weigh in.

Good luck. And let us know which one made the cut finally. All are great phones as we all know.
    Last edited by Venky Sankaran; 12-31-15 at 05:42 PM.
    12-31-15 05:32 PM
    You should try the passport, it's a beast of a phone, fast, great battery, it will just take a bit to get use to the form factor.
    Considering it specs wise; no doubt it has all that potential but going from Classic to Passport design wise seems little difficult. It's wide and the keyboard is different. But I would check it out! One of my friend has got it so I will just see if it suits me better or not.

By the way thank you for suggestion. Its helping me out to decide.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9208252) likes this.
    12-31-15 07:50 PM
    I own Classic, Passport and Z30. All three sit on the desk ready for use. My hand grabs Classic 90+% of the time. Passport has superior specs. Specs that Classic SHOULD have gotten, IMO. Passport's screen is unbeatable for PDFs. Its 1:1 is miserable for movies, IMO. Its 3 row keyboard is a frustrating "compromise", IMO. Its capacitive track is also a half hearted substitute for a real toolbelt, IMO. "Flick" typing just doesn't work well with unique nomenclatures in my particular industry. I can see where it might be great for writing speeches or magazine articles, tho.

My z30 gets used exclusively for wide movies.

In the end, Classic's toolbelt makes it the best singlehanded friendly device in current production. Mirracast or hdmi is always available for the few times my old eyes need bigger image, farther away. Lol. It's just a shame Classic didn't get PP, or at least z30, specs.
    The specs thing you just said is exactly what I thought after using Classic for some time. Though it helps me in every day tasks such as writing emails, texting, social networking and music but this beautiful device deserved such powerful specs. The tool-belt is something I rely on almost all the time as I use it single handedly. Plus I don't watch that much videos on it except those while browsing etc so I don't think it would be an issue to again choose this one.

If none of the mentioned device worked out for me then it's going to be Classic.

Thank you for suggestion

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 08:07 PM
    If I were in this situation I would tend to go Leap just to try something new (so I'm ignoring classic for now though I use and love my classic right now). In the past I have used Z30, Z3 and Q5.

Though all three (PP, Z30 and Leap) are great and unique in their own way, let's break down their flaws based on REAL LIFE usage. These are just MY personal opinion.

Z30
    1. For me LCD is preferred over AMOLED
    2. Charging port on the side is frustrating when you want to type away lengthy messages while the phone is charging.
    3. Battery door tends to loosen up (so do volume keys) over regular use.

Passport
    1. Let's face it. It's very big. Yes it's fast but you don't feel other phones operating in slow motion either. If you are not using them with passport simultaneously you wouldn't even know.
    2. UNLESS you work predominantly with pdf or do document preparation / management of some sort, such a large square screen is pretty useless for daily "typical' phone usage notwithstanding it's beastly specs.

Leap
    1. No NFC but it hardly matters if you are not using phone for payments ( you can't since its BB10, can you?) or use the feature for file sharing. If not you don't miss this feature at all.

There are plenty of unique advantages each of these phones bring as well based on one's needs and phone preferences. I have only stated typical use case frustrations for you to weigh in.

Good luck. And let us know which one made the cut finally. All are great phones as we all know.
    I've used Z30 before and screen wasn't that much of an issue but the back door and side port used to bother me a lot.

I'm thinking of to neglect Passport for the same reason as it's big and I've not used such big or say wide phones either. To be honest, I really want one but maybe I'll buy Passport when I'll have budget to get a new phone without selling the previous one :P. I don't work with PDFs but sometimes with documents and its not that much hard to do that on Classic as well.

The option that seems interesting for now is to go for Leap or once again for Classic.

How well is the battery life of Leap as compared to Classic as well as its speakers, or just to be precise; is the build quality same as of Classic? I guess the specs are pretty much same and about NFC, I don't even use it with my NFC enabled phone as well(or sometimes very occasionally but that's okay as it won't be that much important for me).

Thank you for sharing your opinion

Posted via CB10
    12-31-15 08:25 PM
    I've used Z30 before and screen wasn't that much of an issue but the back door and side port used to bother me a lot.

I'm thinking of to neglect Passport for the same reason as it's big and I've not used such big or say wide phones either. To be honest, I really want one but maybe I'll buy Passport when I'll have budget to get a new phone without selling the previous one :P. I don't work with PDFs but sometimes with documents and its not that much hard to do that on Classic as well.

The option that seems interesting for now is to go for Leap or once again for Classic.

How well is the battery life of Leap as compared to Classic as well as its speakers, or just to be precise; is the build quality same as of Classic? I guess the specs are pretty much same and about NFC, I don't even use it with my NFC enabled phone as well(or sometimes very occasionally but that's okay as it won't be that much important for me).

Thank you for sharing your opinion

Posted via CB10
    I find the battery of the Leap exceptional. On par with the Classic, if not better.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 01:33 AM