Hi!

I've been an Android and iOS user for years, but I'm sick and tired of toy phones with touch keyboards making serious writing a living hell, so I ordered the new Classic. I have never used a Blackberry before, so I'm quite exited :-)

Unfortunately, Blackberry is unavailable in my country, which forces me to order the Classic online. I then need an EU charger. After some confusing search, I find 5V and 800 mA to be correct for the Classic. Is this correct? I have plenty of USB chargers from others phones, but they all differ in mA. I guess it's no big deal from time to time, but in the long run I prefer the correct input. Especially with the non removable battery.

Any thoughts?
    01-06-15 03:27 PM
    Crackberry store has 750mAh as the charger.
    01-06-15 03:32 PM
    Hi!

I've been an Android and iOS user for years, but I'm sick and tired of toy phones with touch keyboards making serious writing a living hell, so I ordered the new Classic. I have never used a Blackberry before, so I'm quite exited :-)

Unfortunately, Blackberry is unavailable in my country, which forces me to order the Classic online. I then need an EU charger. After some confusing search, I find 5V and 800 mA to be correct for the Classic. Is this correct? I have plenty of USB chargers from others phones, but they all differ in mA. I guess it's no big deal from time to time, but in the long run I prefer the correct input. Especially with the non removable battery.

Any thoughts?
    Where you from? You can buy them on Amazon for some bucks

Posted with my awesome  Z10
    01-06-15 03:37 PM
    Basically you can use any smartphone related USB charger to charge your Classic. You do not need to find one which has the exact specs of the boxed one.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-15 03:57 PM
    I have an extra UK plug, but I think that one is different from the rest of Europe right?

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    01-06-15 04:03 PM
    Why not order one from one of the European Amazon sites, for example: amazon.fr or amazon.de ?
    01-06-15 04:52 PM
    Any micro USB charger will work. Get whatever's cheapest!
    01-06-15 06:00 PM
    Get BlackBerry premium charger from amazon. It costs only a couple of dollars in Europe. It comes with all the plugs for Europe and US.
    Don't worry about Amps. Nothing wrong gonna happen to your battery with this charger.
    01-06-15 06:13 PM
    Why not order one from one of the European Amazon sites, for example: amazon.fr or amazon.de ?
    France and Germany have different keyboard layouts. I'm not sure how the Classic will be sold in France, but in Germany it's with QWERTZ. For that reason I'll be ordering from UK even though they have different plug and slightly higher prices.
    01-06-15 06:13 PM
    Any micro USB charger will work. Get whatever's cheapest!
    I wouldn't recommend that. Some chargers are truly garbage. But yeah I think the BlackBerry premium is the best for bb10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    01-06-15 06:14 PM
    France and Germany have different keyboard layouts. I'm not sure how the Classic will be sold in France, but in Germany it's with QWERTZ. For that reason I'll be ordering from UK even though they have different plug and slightly higher prices.
    France= azerty
    Germany=qwerty
    But that doesn't make any difference on the charger so OP just buy one from Amazon europe

Posted with my awesome  Z10
    01-07-15 03:58 AM
    Thanks, everyone!

I'm from Norway, so the UK charger won't work. I ordered a 750 mA Blackberry charger from Amazon. Including shipping, it's way cheaper than a crap gas station charger in this country :-)
    01-07-15 01:12 PM