Hello all,

New Classic owner here. A Q10 convert and so far I love it!!

The look is sexy and the keyboard is legit! A few questions and quirks.

1) the keyboard backlighting. Does anyone notice that the lighting on the keyboard is quite dim compared to other Blackberry devices? Is this just on mine or the Classic in general?

2) I love the return of the trackpad and hard buttons. I do find though I am having a little bit of a challenge returning to the trackpad vs swipe. I am almost confused as to when to use either. I don't want to start a war but it seems when I went back to my 9900 last year for a week during a warranty work that I picked up the use of the trackpad right away. I guess the question is, how long from other BB10 converts did it take to get used to using it again?

3) The call end button. I believe I have read this in previous posts but when a call is ended either my myself or the other end, how do I get the call app to close? It appears as if I have to use both the end button and the return button. This doesn't seem efficient but I am also wondering if I am doing something wrong? No big deal but it seems like an oversight on Blackberry's part if it indeed is the method needed.

4) When I did the transfer of data and BBM set up I am having an issue with having my BBM profile pictures show up. I don't have that problem when a call comes in but on the contacts app and BBM they don't appear.

I think that's it for the moment as far as the Classic is concerned. Feels well built, so far the speed is good and the battery is strong. Keyboard is like butter too.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by curves2000; 02-17-16 at 01:58 PM.
    acovey likes this.
    02-17-16 01:48 PM
    Hello all,

New Classic owner here. A Q10 convert and so far I love it!!

The look is sexy and the keyboard is legit! A few questions and quirks.

1) the keyboard backlighting. Does anyone notice that the lighting on the keyboard is quite dim compared to other Blackberry devices? Is this just on mine or the Classic in general?

2) I love the return of the trackpad and hard buttons. I do find though I am having a little bit of a challenge returning to the trackpad vs swipe. I am almost confused as to when to use either. I don't want to start a war but it seems when I went back to my 9900 last year for a week during a warranty work that I picked up the use of the trackpad right away. I guess the question is, how long from other BB10 converts did it take to get used to using it again?

3) The call end button. I believe I have read this in previous posts but when a call is ended either my myself or the other end, how do I get the call app to close? It appears as if I have to use both the end button and the return button. This doesn't seem efficient but I am also wondering if I am doing something wrong? No big deal but it seems like an oversight on Blackberry's part if it indeed is the method needed.

4) When I did the transfer of data and BBM set up I am having an issue with having my BBM profile pictures show up. I don't have that problem when a call comes in but on the contacts app and BBM they don't appear.

I think that's it for the moment as far as the Classic is concerned. Feels well built, so far the speed is good and the battery is strong. Keyboard is like butter too.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the Classic club Glad you're enjoying it. It's a fine device. EVERY device has its quirks. Some answers to your questions.

1. I hadn't noticed the keyboard backlight being dimmer than my previous devices. I've read on this forum that some experience half of the keypad being brighter than the other half.

2. I use both concurrently and I love it. Dual integration rocks!

3. You are correct. There isn't another way to exit out.

4. I'm sure someone else can answer this question because I don't have an answer. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 02:27 PM
    When I did the transfer of data and BBM set up I am having an issue with having my BBM profile pictures show up. I don't have that problem when a call comes in but on the contacts app and BBM they don't appear.

Posted via CB10
    How long has it been since you added the contact information onto your new phone? And how long has it been since your last reset?

Sometimes(and it was worse on older OS versions(I'm currently on 10.3.2.2639) ) I would notice data not populating other applications. For example, occasionally contact names were not shown while looking through the call history. Or contact names were not displayed when a text message came in to the hub.
    These things didn't happen too often, but when they did, it seemed to be more frequent after rebooting the phone.
    It would usually sort itself out within an hour.

On the rare occasion, I restarted the phone and didn't touch it for 5 or 10 mins after it had finished restarting.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 07:01 PM
    How long has it been since you added the contact information onto your new phone? And how long has it been since your last reset?

Sometimes(and it was worse on older OS versions(I'm currently on 10.3.2.2639) ) I would notice data not populating other applications. For example, occasionally contact names were not shown while looking through the call history. Or contact names were not displayed when a text message came in to the hub.
    These things didn't happen too often, but when they did, it seemed to be more frequent after rebooting the phone.
    It would usually sort itself out within an hour.

On the rare occasion, I restarted the phone and didn't touch it for 5 or 10 mins after it had finished restarting.

Posted via CB10

I set up up the phone the other day. All seems well know except for the BBM profile pictures.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-16 09:13 PM
    Word of advice: try to be extra careful to not let the phone fall while the charging cable is plugged in. The port is kind of fragile. Just ordered my second Classic after a year and a half.
    02-18-16 09:41 AM
    1) Keyboard backlighting: I haven't compared, but mine seems ok, but not sure if it's brighter with the rest. Maybe it appears dimmer since the screen is so much brighter than the Q10?

2) Trackpad: With the Classic, the trackpad isn't nearly as depended on as the 9900 and before. It is to supplement your use, not to facilitate your use. You'll find it useful for the things that are hard on the touchscreen. Things like clicking small links on websites, selecting multiple messages in the hub, highlighting text, navigating the options/overflow menus, etc.

3) Call End: I was a little irked when I first used it as well, but I've found that I naturally use call end to minimize apps anyway, so to close them, I just quickly hit the return key. I know with the 9900 holding the return key would close the app, but in the case of BB10 where sometimes keeping an app merely minimized is actually better, I got used to quickly minimizing apps automatically when I'm done using them or when I'm about to holster the phone. Better than requiring you to remaximize the app to hold the return key to close it, or closing all apps right when you press call end when you intended to minimize...

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    Avenzuno likes this.
    02-18-16 10:32 AM
    The trackpad takes a little getting used to at first. You can go into Settings -> Language and Input to change the sensitivity to what you like.

The End button doesn't close the Phone app, but End then Return key will.

From a Classic
    Avenzuno likes this.
    02-18-16 11:22 AM