I just got a Blackberry Classic. Loving it so far. Came from an iPhone 6+ and haven't owned a Blackberry in probably 6 years? Maybe longer.

Anyways my question for you as I'm learning all the shortcuts and what not again is: what shortcuts do you use most? Any that are just overly amazing/terrible?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 12:40 AM
    Some of the old ones are back.

If you press and hold Q from the main screen, it will toggle between Normal and Silent profiles. I use this one the most.

If you go to Settings and click Shortcuts and Speed Dial, you'll see all the other shortcuts BlackBerry has created.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-15 02:47 AM
    Not sure of all the short cuts but there is a built for BB app I saw in the store that allows you to customize shortcuts welcome back to BB.
    07-07-15 04:34 AM
    http://crackberry.com/full-list-blac...-q10-shortcuts

Should be similar with the Classic and other BlackBerry's with PKB.

 RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telus
    07-08-15 02:49 PM
    You can personalise them to whatever you want. Just try out the existing ones (there are variations) and change them to your convenience. I use those all the time.

Sorry, I'd like to typo but my Q10 doesn't support it.
    07-08-15 05:20 PM
    All the keys except W/1 can be assigned to preset calls, applications, actions, etc.

When you send an email, you can double click the track pad to send.

Text messages can be programmed to send using the Enter key.

Long pressing the BlackBerry button will pull down the drop-down in an app.

There are many more out there that I have probably missed that other people will probably mention.

Have fun with the new Classic...it is, imo, the best BlackBerry I have used.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 05:49 PM
    Some of the old ones are back.

If you press and hold Q from the main screen, it will toggle between Normal and Silent profiles. I use this one the most.

If you go to Settings and click Shortcuts and Speed Dial, you'll see all the other shortcuts BlackBerry has created.

Posted via CB10
    I never use silent, I don't know why BB doesn't fix this so you can pick which two profiles you can pick from. I downloaded keyboard shortcuts so I can switch between normal and vibrate only. And also a shortcut to turn on the flashlight.

Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-08-15 08:56 PM
    I never use silent, I don't know why BB doesn't fix this so you can pick which two profiles you can pick from. I downloaded keyboard shortcuts so I can switch between normal and vibrate only. And also a shortcut to turn on the flashlight.

Oh that's a good idea. I thought on the old 9900s we could choose between vibrate or silent or whatever we wanted to toggle between?

I'm like you and prefer vibrate to silent too.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-15 11:35 PM

Go to settings - notifications - quick settings: select which profiles you want to switch between.

BBClassic10 
    07-09-15 12:49 AM
    Go to settings - notifications - quick settings: select which profiles you want to switch between.

BBClassic10 
    He knows that I believe, he is talking about keyboard shortcuts, not quick settings

Posted with my  Classic
    07-09-15 03:09 AM

BBClassic10 
    Nope, that only changes it in the quick menu. The homescreen long press shortcut will switch between normal and silent no matter what you select there.

07-09-15 11:49 AM
    He knows that I believe, he is talking about keyboard shortcuts, not quick settings

Posted with my  Classic
    Yah, not sure how else to make it clear what we're talking about. I thought them having different names was enough, but guess not because every time, without fail, someone suggests that when we bring this up...

07-09-15 11:50 AM
    Yah, not sure how else to make it clear what we're talking about. I thought them having different names was enough, but guess not because every time, without fail, someone suggests that when we bring this up...

My bad lol. Still does what you want it to do though, just not by holding the q button.

BBClassic10 
    07-09-15 12:41 PM
    My bad lol. Still does what you want it to do though, just not by holding the q button.

BBClassic10 
    But we want it to do that when we hold the assigned button because that's faster and simpler than pulling down the quick menu...

07-09-15 02:35 PM

BBClassic10 
    This is the way I do it. It's simple and literally takes 5 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-15 05:04 PM
    This is the way I do it. It's simple and literally takes 5 seconds.

Posted via CB10
    Well, I got the app keyboard shortcuts that allow it to be done the one-button way along with many other shortcuts, and it takes 1.5 seconds and doesn't even require looking at the phone... To each their own.

07-09-15 07:35 PM